9 years in remission...yeah !!!!

fillymum

synful soul
Yesterday I saw my oncologist in Valencia and I am so happy to say I am now 9 years in remission. Just one more year to et through and I will have passed the predicted 10 year survival time given to me at the time of diagnoses.

It was a brilliant day altogether. I always go for my annuak checkup with a close girlfriend. It is about 100 kilometeres from here to the hospital so we drive to the closest main train station, get the train and then a taxi to the hospital. It is so relaxed and we chat non stop for the duration of the journey, well, for the whole day really.

Once the oncologist bit is out of the way we hit the city big time. First we have a coffee sat outside and watch Valencian life pass by and then the shops !!! We always spend at least an hour in our equivalent of Harrods, El Court Ingles. We never spent a centimo we just gasp at the prices and giggle at the "offers" of things like leather handbags ONLY 200€. a MERE BAGATELLE FOR SOME BUT QUITE OUT OF OUR REACH EVEN AT THIS GIVE AWAY , BARGAIN PRICE LOL.

Whoops I was shouting !!!

Then reality hits home and we head for C&A where the real bargains are. I was too broke this time to buy anything but my friend bought me a super, lovely sweater for my birthday.

Lunch next in El Corte Ingles, very elegant. I was so good just had a salmon and prawn salad with a soya dressing and water.

We have such a good day, we laugh most of the time, see the funny side of everything and arrive home feeling as refreshed as if we had had a long weekend away and having totally forgotten that the real reason for being there was such a serious one...............good isn't it ??!!!

Such fantastic news, Sue! And so lovely that you and your friend managed to make a really great day of it - you truly deserve it xxxxx

Thanks for all the kind words friends...............

Sue that is fantastic news and I am delighted to hear you had a lovely day celebrating your 9 years in remission with your friend.

I am so very happy for you and I wish you all the best for the future!

orkut-congratulations-scraps-01.gif

Excellent news Sue. Sounds like you had a blast of a day too.

Any chance of swapping oncologists . . . . . I'd love to have another tour around the Lladro factory in Valencia :D

Excellent news Sue. Sounds like you had a blast of a day too.

Any chance of swapping oncologists . . . . . I'd love to have another tour around the Lladro factory in Valencia :D

OH YES. for sure you would love her. She has such a good sense of humour. I never fail to make her laugh and I am sure that even though years ago I was a guide and visited the lladro factory every Tuesday, she would elect to take you and leave me in the clinic to council her patients lol !!!

If you like lladro this is a piece I have for sale at present..................not that I am trying to sell it to you cos I am not !"!!!!

1428159_1_l.jpg

It is about 2 feet high, perhaps a bit more and is from 1971, a limited edition of 500 and is divine.......................

Life is just so good, we are broke but well and I enjoy every second of what I do................minimunchkins,,,,,,,,,,,,just say and think cancer........bah, humbug, you will not get in the way of life. You have done so remarkably well, be proud, be happy........................

Sue, this is amazing and such a positive post to read. It really made me smile and brighten up my day :) You have done amazingly well and you are a true fighter!!! But I am jealous of you having a C & A :p

OH YES. for sure you would love her. She has such a good sense of humour. I never fail to make her laugh and I am sure that even though years ago I was a guide and visited the lladro factory every Tuesday, she would elect to take you and leave me in the clinic to council her patients lol !!!

If you like lladro this is a piece I have for sale at present..................not that I am trying to sell it to you cos I am not !"!!!!

It is about 2 feet high, perhaps a bit more and is from 1971, a limited edition of 500 and is divine.......................

Life is just so good, we are broke but well and I enjoy every second of what I do................minimunchkins,,,,,,,,,,,,just say and think cancer........bah, humbug, you will not get in the way of life. You have done so remarkably well, be proud, be happy........................

Divine piece as you say Sue, just not quite my cup of tea otherwise I'd snaffle it without blinking.

I totally agree with your sentiments about our uninvited & unwelcome 'visitor'. .I've generally thought it was a bl*%dy inconvenience & was furious that my 0% sick record had been infringed! .However, I've met some wonderful, inspirational and very courageous folk during my journey & am pleased to be able to reflect on this bittersweet chapter - I hope that I've been able to (and will continue to) help others around me who might be floundering.

Stay well Sue and my biggest hopes that you keep that fab sense of humour x

Back