A and B!

I thought that consultants did have regular training...

Maybe the best thing is to talk to her again. Or, I think there is an SW helpline.

I agree, have another chat with your consultant and if she's in any doubt about anything she can ring head office if you need that peace of mind.

I was talking to my consultant last week and she mentioned that they have to pay for training when it comes up and she can't always afford to do every round of training that they issue, so she has to just select those most appropriate when she can afford it - and consequently, she admits there might be things that are new she isn't totally familiar with. But she does know the 'old' plan inside out, back to front! And she said it worked pretty damn well back then...

Anyway I digress. I would be really surprised if a consultant told me I could eat 6 extra syns instead of a healthy extra!

I was talking to my consultant last week and she mentioned that they have to pay for training when it comes up and she can't always afford to do every round of training that they issue, so she has to just select those most appropriate when she can afford it - and consequently, she admits there might be things that are new she isn't totally familiar with. But she does know the 'old' plan inside out, back to front! And she said it worked pretty damn well back then...

Anyway I digress. I would be really surprised if a consultant told me I could eat 6 extra syns instead of a healthy extra!

The training is free of charge, just the travel costs you have to consider and possibly staying over night. We are sent monthly updates with any changes though. Basically though the plan has remained the same over the years, just bits and pieces added to it.

I have my wi tonight i will have another chat and see what she says now!

i don't think your meant to substitute them because your meant to do it to be healthy but i think the consultant heard gemma loud and clear and if she is wasting them then maybe encouraging her to use the six syns anyway will help balance out your diet one way or another, i use my hexb six syns because i will have white bread then just deduct the six and and count whats left over my consultant advised me to do this because i cant always have brown bread where i work , i think it's your own responsibility to keep yourself healthy the diet gives good guidelines but you have to be a bit flexible it's meant to be a way of life not so much a bind your allowed those six syns be because your body needs them for nutrition so i would never go without using them but vice versa i don't use them on rubbish.

As you know hun, I don't go to classes but I looked through my books I can't see anything in the books that says you can swap a HE for 6 syns, my personal view is that the consultant probably had other things on her mind and wasn't listening to you properly, have another word with her tonight and make it clear what you were asking, then when you are satisfied she has totally understood what you were asking and she gives you an answer - go with it.

HEBs are very important to ensure we get the sufficient amount of fibre that our body requires, often no or slow weightloss is due to lack of fibre in our diet, equally sufficient amounts of calcium can help weightloss so the HEAs are very important too.

Take care hun x

When I was going to SW about 5 years ago the Consultant AND a stand in holiday consultant both said that you could substitute the HEB for anything that's 6 syns if you want to.
Don't suppose they really want you to do it though so most will say it can't be allowed.

Just look the new directory has basically good syns and not as useful syns, wholemeal bread provides tonnes more goodness than white bread. they act totally different in our system. One turns to sugars and the other breaks down and aids to upkeep the health of our digestive system... Healthy Extras all have a bodily function purpose. I really do not think they are 'spare' syns to play with.

This has been an interesting thread. It shows just how differently one plan can be interpreted.

But in all the 8 years I have been on and off SW, no consultant or book has ever mentioned swapping hex for syns. I think everyone would be doing it if it was ok lol

when I did the plan many years ago, it was written in the book that if you were on a green day you could have a branded meat product and use it as a healthy extra, deducting 6 syns and just counting the syns that were left.
for example, a burger that was 8 syns on green was 1 healthy extra, plus 2 syns.

I have only ever seen anyting similar to that when you have a sandwich, you can deduct the wholemeal bread if you use it as hex. Never seen the meat idea. But SW is 40 years old. so it may have taken many forms before I encountered it lol

i have deffo been told i can do it if i need too XXX i know white and brown bread are totally different i wasn't substituting it in that way i was just making sure i didn't go over board with my syns it's up to each of us individually to make sure we eat enough fibre and protein but i don't think a substitution every now and then when you don't wanna waste your syns is gonna hurt and in honsty it has never harmed my diet and i am healthier than have ever been. Can i also point out that my consultant said i could do it with bread products she didn't me
ntion chocolate haha

Fuffs, I first done sw 21 years ago!! when there were no free yogs, limited free fruit, as much mac. cheese as you could eat and corned beef was free!
As you say, there's been a lot of changes over the years, and they're all good changes! (still waiting for choc. to become a free food tho'!!!)

lol! wholemeal bread Vs chocolate...nit sure who would win lol

I wasn't having a go. I am still trying to work on what SW's actual official stance on this is. I do not think anything done now and again can be of harm. I just think if people get the wrong idea and think you can use your hex as any 6 syns, they may mess up their weight loss.

Maybe one of us should call head office...get the offical line and then people -as adults- can decide how they choose to modify it. I guess the SW plan has years of research to balance it how it is. And reasons behind each aspect. So, a full deviation from any aspect could have bad results lol

Fuffs, I first done sw 21 years ago!! when there were no free yogs, limited free fruit, as much mac. cheese as you could eat and corned beef was free!
As you say, there's been a lot of changes over the years, and they're all good changes! (still waiting for choc. to become a free food tho'!!!)

lol!!!

Cornbeef was free when I joined. And canned macaroni cheese. I used to live on macaroni cheese!!!lol

I am also waiting for choc to be a free food. superfree would be even better lol

lol!!!

I am also waiting for choc to be a free food. superfree would be even better lol
Same here hun, if you hear about it before me let me know LOL. xxx

I will type on here as I fill 1/3 of my plate with dairy milk lol

Can we use the milk in a dairy milk as an hex a?lol

Sorry people, I am in a crazy mood lol

Maybe if you break it up before you eat it all the syns will disappear. lol. xxx

I will type on here as I fill 1/3 of my plate with dairy milk lol

Can we use the milk in a dairy milk as an hex a?lol

Sorry people, I am in a crazy mood lol

The milk from the chocolate can be counted as an 'a' choice and isn't the cocoa bean a vegetable? There you go, we've found ourselves another free food!!!

The milk from the chocolate can be counted as an 'a' choice and isn't the cocoa bean a vegetable? There you go, we've found ourselves another free food!!!
We like your way of thinking. lol. xxx

Back