A baaaad week...again.

Ninja

Silver Member
I don't know why I do it to myself.

This is my 2nd bad week in a row, but whereas last week I was on hols and so that was my excuse. I actually lost 0.5lb but I'm sure that was down to all the walking that I did to burn it all off. This week I've done nothing but scoff with no self control and no exercise. I've resigned myself to a gain, especially as seeing as this is my 4th week which normally means I have a small gain or sts.
I'm determined to get back on the wagon again. I have just 3lb to go to my 2 and half stone award. I really wanted to do it this week. Now I'll have more than the 3lb to lose....why do I do it to myself. It's self sabotage. I'm telling myself off even as I eat these things but then I tell myself that I don't care.....:cry:

From one self-sabotager to another...

*hugs hugs hugs*

Sometimes we have little phases like this. I am going through one myself at the moment. All you can do is try to get your head back in the zone. Get some inspiration from somewhere - look at nice clothes online, plan what treat you're going to buy to celebrate that next award, try on some old clothes and see how far you've come...

You can do it hun

x

Don't get dis-heartened we all do at some time or other even though we know we shouldn't be doing it, we just tuck in, but, now that you have got those 'munchies' out of your system draw a line and start again, I bet you'll lose those 3lbs by next week, good luck to you, XX

THanks for your kind words and support.

I guess I'm confused as to why I keep doing it and why I'm starting to do it more and more often.

I wondered if it might be because I'm getting closer to target. Maybe subconsciously I think I'm 'ok' now...I know I'm not. I'm in size 12/14 but I know it can change very quickly if I don't get my eating habits under control again.

I just wish I had more will power :(

Don't worry hun I think we all go through weeks like that I seem to yo yo my way through the month!! I have noticed that when I have lost a few pounds I will "treat" myself with a bun or a piece of cake which makes no sense at all! Its almost like I think oh well I'm doing ok so a bit of cake won't matter!!! Anyway hun you can get back on track, you just need to draw a line under the past two weeks and concentrate on how good you will feel when you have gotten to target. big hugs xx

Ditto!!! I did the same thing recently, for weeks and weeks!!!

I have no idea why I did it... it was stupid and ridiculous, and I was cross with myself too, but it seems most people do it at least once on their journey.

This last week at WI, I told everyone I was gonna have a 100% week, and I have written everything down on a food diary. I know on Sunday I had about 25 syns, but other than that I am 100% so far this week.

I gave myself a good taking to, and reminded myself that I still want to be 1 stone 9.5 lbs lighter by the beginning of August (unlikely, but I can make a big dent in it by then!)

So what seems to be working for me is remembering that target, telling everyone I'm gonna be 100% and writing it all down.

Good luck, keep positive, think how far you have come, and remember that the plan does WORK!

Emma xXx

Don't get down heartened, you have done sooo well and these blips come along from time to time, even slim people gain a bit now and then but they just go back to eating the right way and don't beat themselves up about it. Put it behind you and get focused again. One last push for a little while longer and you will be at your target. XX

You said it yourself - you've "resigned" yourself to having another bad week. As soon as we say this, we start on the "I'll start again on . . ." routine. Never works for me, to be honest.

You're here and you're asking for support. Brilliant - that shows you haven't "resigned" yourself totally. You can start again right now. Right this minute. It doesn't have to be the start of a new day. Just promise yourself you'll continue with SW from now.

Probably losing half a pound when you thought you'd gain has had something to do with it. Your mind's kinda gone "oh well - perhaps it won't make any difference this week neither".

You've done so well - you know you can do it!

You said it yourself - you've "resigned" yourself to having another bad week. As soon as we say this, we start on the "I'll start again on . . ." routine. Never works for me, to be honest.

You're here and you're asking for support. Brilliant - that shows you haven't "resigned" yourself totally. You can start again right now. Right this minute. It doesn't have to be the start of a new day. Just promise yourself you'll continue with SW from now.

Probably losing half a pound when you thought you'd gain has had something to do with it. Your mind's kinda gone "oh well - perhaps it won't make any difference this week neither".

You've done so well - you know you can do it!

Oh God!! I wish I'd read this post earlier :( I've just finished eating peanut butter and jam s/w, crisps, coconut sponge with buttercream, quality street sweeties and a mini chocolate brownie and I've still got the birthday cake to go.:cry::cry::cry:

I really need a big talking to :copon:

It is my daughters birthday and as there are only 3 of us in the family I felt a bit guilty not having anything and then before I knew it I was like pig in a trough.

Tomorrow is my WI and the beginning of a new week for me. I'm resolved to starting as I mean to go on and try and give 100% from now on.....well, after the cake :cool:

Oh Ninja,

Not to worry. Go to class get your head on right and call it a new day as from tomorrow. We all loose our way from time to time but we all come back stronger from it too.

*sigh* I'm in exactly the same place hon *hug* see my 'help please' thread - I feel like I'm losing my motivation....maybe we should buddy up and encourage each other to keep going lol

Right I'm off to WI. I just hope the damage isn't too bad :(

Goooooooood luck xxx

Good luck hun - yes, you *may* have gained, but that just means you'll probably get a bigger loss next week! there's a thought to keep you on the wagon! and if you've stayed the same or had a loss then it's a bonus! :D

xxxx

1lb on.....phew!! I was expecting much much worse. I had a word with my consultant. I told her that I feel like I've lost control and don't know how to get back on track. She told me to call her whenever I have bad feelings and go rummaging for cake and chocolate. She asked if I needed a food diary but I told her that wasn't the problem. I keep one on here everyday.

I now have 4lb to lose to get my 2 and half stone award, so I told group that I want to get my award in 2 weeks, so that's 2lb per week. It's do-able.

Thank you for all your support and kind words :) I'm hoping my head is on straight now...cross everything.

you can do it hun! keep that half stone award in mind :D xx

i am in the same boat honey i keep self sabotaging myself as my diary will show and hoping this week have not done too much damage, i keep blaming stress etc but its not stress putting rubbish in my mouth only my hand lol

1lb isn't much damage, and most of that will be water. It'll come off and more next week hun. I often find it takes me a couple of weeks to get back on track after holidays and Xmas.
Just draw a line under it, you'll soon be losing again.

Back