Extra Easy A big moan ... :)

FionaMcd

Gold Member
Ok so I'm writing this cause I need something to read back when I'm having a funny 5 mins re food :) I'm tired of bingeing then saying "oh ill eat what I want today and then be good tomorrow" lets face it miss Fiona that NEVER happens!! I'm now 18+5 weeks pregnant and if I don't sort myself out now I will end up huge like I did with my little girl and I will end up crying about it when I have 4 stone to lose when baby is born!!! To date I have put on 7.5lbs and I need to be good from now on and do damage control so I put on a reasonable amount for rest of my pregnancy!! I also think a half hour walk a day won't hurt me at all so all in all I need to quit being lazy and a little piglet and sort myself out!!!!!! Tough love welcome but go easy I'm hormonal :) xxxx

Hey Hun don't be too hard on yourself.....being pregnant is tiring and sometimes it's really hard to be good....!
I also know what you mean, my little one is 11 weeks old today and I've still got 2.5 stone to lose, but at the start I had 5 stone to lose!! (Was just under 18 stone when I went off to be induced!!) however because I am breastfeeding it's dropping off pretty quickly!!! I'm hoping to be back in shape for summer!!! Xxx
So - enjoy being pregnant and have a little of what you fancy....otherwise u might go crackers x

I agree with Elle bear. Try to have a little treat often to avoid the binges. You will be feeling very hormonal and being pregnant must make dieting really hard.

Thanks for the replies girls :) I totally agree a small treat is great and totally needed but I'm totally losing all control and its happening every day now and it starts off for example with a small bit of chocolate then that turns into a whole bar or two and chips and bloody party food!! Sob sob I don't want to be huge again. It is makings sad that I have no control :( x

Give yourself a break. You are pregnant which is bloody amazing! Try to enjoy it as much as you can and that doesn't mean eat everything under the sun of course but have treats and be gentle with yourself if you do go off the rails.

I've never been pregnant so feel free to tell me I'm talking crap, I just feel very strongly that you should not be spending this precious time feeling rubbish about yourself x

Give yourself a break. You are pregnant which is bloody amazing! Try to enjoy it as much as you can and that doesn't mean eat everything under the sun of course but have treats and be gentle with yourself if you do go off the rails.

I've never been pregnant so feel free to tell me I'm talking crap, I just feel very strongly that you should not be spending this precious time feeling rubbish about yourself x

You aren't talking crap bless you. X

To be honest I wouldn't worry too much, as you've already done slimming world you've probably found instinctively you eat differently to before anyway. I put on 4 stone with my first eating 2 takeaways a day pre sw. With my second I put on nearly 2 stone, taking me to 15 stone. She is now 4 months old and I'm 9lbs lighter than before her, just gotta get to what I was before my first now. I'd say have what you want but be sensible, you know what meals are good for you so get plenty of them in. But if you want pizza and ice cream go for it.
Exercise helps too, I walked the dog a lot towards the end. The day I went into labour I went for a 2 hour walk, thought I'd done too much before I realized I was in labour.

Pre pregnancy weight 12st 12 current weight 12st 7 woop woop

Oh and first part of pregnancy is harder anyway x

Pre pregnancy weight 12st 12 current weight 12st 3.5 woop woop

Put aside some syns each day for something really nice - like a hot choc and a bar. I see lots of people doing this :)

As a vegan if I crave chocolate the only option is green and blacks - which comes in BIG bars. So I tend to weigh/measure it up into 'portions' and wrap in clingfilm; I make 2.5 syn portions, so if I really, really crave chocolate i can grab a few squares and sit in the lounge and dip it into some tea/coffee and not have to look at the big bar...dunno if this helps but i can understand you!

Don't be too hard on yourself, there is pleanty of time to lose weight and you have to make the change yourself, move on if you've had a hard day and focus :)

You aren't talking crap bless you. X

I was worried haha! And I don't want to upset anyone obv. I feel like that because once I'm pregnant (hopefully!) I plan on enjoying it as much as I can 'cos it's doubtful that I will get a second chance.

You know how to do SW, it's just finding the motivation. Your motivation right now is being healthy for your baby and to make pregnancy easier for you. And if you go off track? Pick yourself up, don't feel bad and start again. x

Just to clarify, I didn't mean 'enjoy' = food. As I said in my first post, enjoy doesn't mean eat everything!

My main point is why make yourself feel crappy over putting on a few pounds and prevent yourself from enjoying this special time that (depending on how many kids you plan on having!) you might not experience again. That's all.

Oh I wasn't meaning you Missy just in general xxx

Ah thank you, just being a big worrier again. I'm very conscious of the fact that I'm out of my league in this thread but I couldn't not comment :/

To be honest I'm not overly enjoying myself at the moment. I just need to aim for a happy medium and have treat of some sort but just not go wild like I have been :) it just so easily done over Christmas isn't it?? X

I've never followed sw when pregnant either but I would imagine you could relax a bit but as others have said it seems you aren't relaxed and enjoying it and thats a shame.
I have a tendency to go ott at times when I allow myself to go off plan a bit (hols/celebrations/xmas etc) and am trying to get the right balance with that but its not easy!
Why don't you try allowing yourself as many extra syns a day/week as you think will cover a bit extra for yourself but won't let you go overboard?

I followed SW for about 10 weeks when I was pregnant - I pretty much maintained and had a couple of takeaways/meals out each week and still lost/maintained.

I think being pregnant is a very beautiful time, you are emotional and sometimes that can cause you to go off plan with eating (I know it was for me) but you do have to think that you want your little one to be healthy inside too- so make sure you keep the fruit and veg going in!!! Try to eat the good things first and you may find you don't have room for naughty stuff!!! Haha x

I was doing ok with a world at beginning (no morning sickness of cravings) but then I quit smoking and well it all went crazy eating wise and I think it mainly that I've put new bad habits into place :( x

Back