A bit annoyed...

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I know, I know....I shouldn't weigh myself at home but I did anyway (as I do every week before WI). So, I've followed the 7 day plan in the magazine and, after STS last week, was hoping to lose at least 2lb this week. What have I lost? NADA! My scales are refusing to budge.

I may actually lose 1lb at class as my scales were hovering between 14.1 and 14.2 last week and are a firm 14.1 this week but bloomin' heck.....after being good 2 weeks in a row and sticking with my syns and varying my HEX's and what I normally eat to only lose 1lb is a bit gutting.

Ok, ok....I'll quit feeling sorry for myself now and get a grip. I know there are more important things in life but it's put me in a right foul mood today!

stacey honestly dont rely on your own scales, mine never say the same as what the sw scales do. trust the sw scales and dont be tempted to look midweek because mine said i weighed more naked on a morning the day after weigh in than i did fully clothed the night before.

See what the official WI reveals. You are about halfway through your journey so if you haven't lost anything this week why not ask your consultant to get you on FF for a week to see if that helps

I know you're right, hun. It's just every week I weigh at home first in the morning and use this as my 'real' weight as I'm naked and it's first thing (plus it makes me 6lb less than what I weigh at SW!) so my scales have been pretty accurate in what they say (loss/gain/STS) vs class scales so I'm pretty sure I'll either STS or just lose 1lb this week.

But I shall just keep persevering and aiming for my 3st for next week now instead of this week.

I know, I know....I shouldn't weigh myself at home but I did anyway (as I do every week before WI). So, I've followed the 7 day plan in the magazine and, after STS last week, was hoping to lose at least 2lb this week. What have I lost? NADA! My scales are refusing to budge.

I may actually lose 1lb at class as my scales were hovering between 14.1 and 14.2 last week and are a firm 14.1 this week but bloomin' heck.....after being good 2 weeks in a row and sticking with my syns and varying my HEX's and what I normally eat to only lose 1lb is a bit gutting.

Ok, ok....I'll quit feeling sorry for myself now and get a grip. I know there are more important things in life but it's put me in a right foul mood today!

Home scales should be a syn too.. They so aint good are they :(

Dont rely on em tho hun... you WI may read diff hun!
xxx

my WI always reads different, the only other scales i have tried and found to be reliable are the ones at the gym

FF is Fast Forward. It is a really strict kickstart plan that you can only do for one week and it has to be given to you by your SWC. I think they work it out depending on how much you have to lose etc. Ask about it at WI. Get there early so you have a good chance to have a proper chat with your SWC about it

Thanks ladies! You've made me feel better. It's crazy how the scales can affect my mood so much. I'm just going to try and stay off them and just weigh at class.

Sometimes I need to take a step back and re-evaluate why I'm doing this - not only to lose weight but also for the very many health benefits of eating healthily not to mention how much better I feel mentally and physically when I eat well.

I totally understand where you're coming from. My scales will be the death of me. I'm not sure what's happened to my weight loss recently but it's definitely gone for a burton even though I've tried variety, more exercise, more fluids etc etc. I'm going to try extra hard not to get weighed next week.

I had this problem and on my scales yesterday I has stayed the same so i posted on here and had a mona. However i got weighed last night and i had lost 1.5 lbs. This morning i got back on the scales to see and they say i still weigh the same. I honestly am going to bin mine so i think we all should - they do us no good and put in downer moods when we should be celebrating that you have stuck to the diet for a whole week.

How did you find the magazine week? I looked at the new magazine this month and debated doing it but I haven't got round to it yet!

I am getting new scales, expensive ones that not only measure weight, fat and water but also do the visceral fat and a whole load of other things.

I know my scales are old and cheap and the weight on them sometimes jumps all over the place so I'm going to take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Consoled myself with a Coffee Republic mocha freezer....yummmmm...but probably a whole day's worth of syns! Must behave tonight as I get weighed tomorrow night!

Couscous - thanks for that. I did see your post from yesterday and that you had lost so that gives me hope! I saw the 7 day plan in the new mag and thought it sounded really good and that I liked most of it and it was pretty good. I do find sticking to the plans hard work sometimes. Half of me likes it as I don't have to think and just eat what it says and the other half just wants to go and eat the food that I like and am used to eating! But it's good to follow it every once in awhile I think just to keep things new.

Taz - good idea about new scales. I'm contemplating getting new ones but for now I think I'll try and stay off mine for a few weeks. It makes going to weigh in more exciting if you don't have an idea of how you're going to do beforehand! Or...I might just weigh myself the morning after weigh in - that way I can keep track on my scales but it will also mean I behave after weigh in and don't go mad with my syns!

Back