A bit disapointed

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by melarnz, 12 October 2010 Social URL.

1. melarnz

melarnz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    i went to weigh in today (a day early as i am going to see guns n roses tomorrow) and am a bit disappointed that i have only lost 1lb.

i have been having all of my 15 syns and quite a few potatoes. if i cut back on the tatties and only have 10 syns a day do u think this will speed things up? i am trying to lose as much weight as possible before my wedding in may

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    that one day can make a huge difference hun.
    my home scales are accurate to sw .....on sunday i had only just lost 1lb from the previous weigh in.....come weigh in on monday i had lost 2.5lb.

4. Wee Doll

Wee Doll Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i dunno why but i always thought that 15 syns was alot i never go over 10 unless im on a night out and drinking. I try to avoid syns tbh. well in the form of chocolate and crips anyway. I syn for sauce and butter etc

I say if you cut down your syns and potatoes it may help

5. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well done on losing the lb
    :)you have probably done this before but if you hav'nt get out your kitchen scales get some stuff out of your cuboards and put it on to weigh out a pound you will be shocked at how heavy it is xx

6. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

Firstly, don't be disappointed with "only" a pound. You had a huge loss the first week and that's normal but not sustainable over a long time. Your body may simply be adjusting to the new way you are fuelling it- I would continue as you are for another couple of weeks and look at the month overall rather than on a week by week basis.

Secondly, 5-15 syns is what we are allowed, my C advises new members to try and aim for about 10 a day but 15 is still on plan and should make no percievable difference.

As I said, see how you go over the month and how it all averages out. 1lb is a great loss though- don't be disheartened.

7. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    oh dear I'm worried that as I'm weighing on Thursday night rather than my usual Friday morning I may not register a loss at all :( well done on your pound loss Mel - I'd be very proud of myself if I were you :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.