Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

A bit disapointed

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by melarnz, 12 October 2010 Social URL.

1. melarnz

melarnz Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    i went to weigh in today (a day early as i am going to see guns n roses tomorrow) and am a bit disappointed that i have only lost 1lb.

i have been having all of my 15 syns and quite a few potatoes. if i cut back on the tatties and only have 10 syns a day do u think this will speed things up? i am trying to lose as much weight as possible before my wedding in may

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    that one day can make a huge difference hun.
    my home scales are accurate to sw .....on sunday i had only just lost 1lb from the previous weigh in.....come weigh in on monday i had lost 2.5lb.

4. Wee Doll

Wee Doll Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i dunno why but i always thought that 15 syns was alot i never go over 10 unless im on a night out and drinking. I try to avoid syns tbh. well in the form of chocolate and crips anyway. I syn for sauce and butter etc

I say if you cut down your syns and potatoes it may help

5. natasha1974

natasha1974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7.5lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well done on losing the lb
    :)you have probably done this before but if you hav'nt get out your kitchen scales get some stuff out of your cuboards and put it on to weigh out a pound you will be shocked at how heavy it is xx

6. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

Firstly, don't be disappointed with "only" a pound. You had a huge loss the first week and that's normal but not sustainable over a long time. Your body may simply be adjusting to the new way you are fuelling it- I would continue as you are for another couple of weeks and look at the month overall rather than on a week by week basis.

Secondly, 5-15 syns is what we are allowed, my C advises new members to try and aim for about 10 a day but 15 is still on plan and should make no percievable difference.

As I said, see how you go over the month and how it all averages out. 1lb is a great loss though- don't be disheartened.

7. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    oh dear I'm worried that as I'm weighing on Thursday night rather than my usual Friday morning I may not register a loss at all :( well done on your pound loss Mel - I'd be very proud of myself if I were you :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.