A bit down, uh!

Nessa

Silver Member
I am feeling a bit down and posting on here is saving me from that double chocolate cookie that's calling my name. Went into lynn today to see if I could find something nice to wear for a wedding that I am going to go to on sat, I did not find anything, everything I liked looked great on the hanger and as soon as i put it on it was YUK! I have lost a stone so far and all my size 20/22 things are now becoming to loose on me and I don't own anything that is an 18 apart from 1 pair of trousers and I still look fat in them. so just feeling a bit sorry for myself I guess.

Hope you all had a great day.

Awww bless ya hun, i'm sending you a great big hug. Hope you feel happier soon....xxx

6g2ernp.gif

Nessa, you're doing so well and the fact that all your old clothes aren't any good anymore is actually brilliant - a result of all your hardwork.

Maybe it's time for a change of direction with your wardrobe - maybe instead of choosing an outfit that you would have choosen when bigger, you should pick up and try something completely different on.

Half of the challenge is taking something completely different to the changing room - imagine if you were shopping for someone else - if you see something nice, don't think that won't suit me, that's not something I'd normally wear, pick it up and try it on.

I sincerely hope you find something darling - we've all been there - purpose shopping is the worst kind because you feel under such pressure. I bet you'll go shopping the Monday after the wedding and find a dozen outfits...

Try something new - have a day for you and be daring...:)

I've just noticed your weight at the bottom of your signature and at 12st I would have thought you'd be in a comfortable size 18 if not smaller. I'm still 14st something and am wearing 18 Wallis trousers and 16 tops. I know are bodies are all different...

Have a shop around in stores that you might not normally go in. I found it strange not just heading for Evans - I was 17st after having my DS and in size 22.

Try the likes of Principles or Marks. If you've a House of Fraser or Debenhams near by try there - I got lovely dress for a wedding last year for £70 from HOF, so not unreasonable and it wasn't something I would have gone for, my OH picked it out..!

I imagine the stores aren't helping as they're not sure if to have summer of autumn stock out at the moment with this crappy weather...

Let us know how you get on..

Hi Nessa

I have a wedding on the 4th august - Debenhams have got some lovely dresses that are perfect for the occasion.

Also Monsoon have a mega sale on at the moment and you can pick up some real bargains.

I hope you find something you are happy with and have a lovely time on saturday :)

Hi Nessa, do you have a local debenhams with a personal shopper. Alot of stores have it and it's a free service. You'll have a lovely time, drinking free coffee while someone else picks lots of things you wouldn't normally choose. If you get chance, i'd highly recommend it. Take a friend and make a day of it around your appointment. A bit of retail therapy always makes me feel better.

Hi

Just realised the wedding is this Saturday - did you decide on what to wear or are you going for some retail therapy today?

Just wanted to wish you luck - have fun..!

Hi Nessa

Did you resolve the problem of what to wear to the wedding on Saturday? Did you have a good time?

H xx

Back