A bit gross question...

Aiven

Hi,

this is my 3rd week of being on Dukan and from day one i pretty much have diarrhea, everybody seems to complain about the opposite effect. Has anybody got the same problem?

Similar but It calmed down on dukan. Find occasional trigger foods-onions etc. Oat bran at times doesn't help! But it's overall improved my ibs.

Aiven said:
Hi,

this is my 3rd week of being on Dukan and from day one i pretty much have diarrhea, everybody seems to complain about the opposite effect. Has anybody got the same problem?

Seriously you'd rather have it this way than the other!!

agreed. I have hashimoto's/hypothyroid so that on top of Dukan has caused me to have serious issues and I even take fiber! lovely conversation this is. LOL

Zoesastar said:
Seriously you'd rather have it this way than the other!!

At times I'd not be so sure Zoe! Hate to be the other way, but I also hate leaving half way through a meal cause it's already on its way through! At its worst 4x a day with at least 30 mins in the loo after every meal gets a bit draining too! Here's to normality for all!

At times I'd not be so sure Zoe! Hate to be the other way, but I also hate leaving half way through a meal cause it's already on its way through! At its worst 4x a day with at least 30 mins in the loo after every meal gets a bit draining too! Here's to normality for all!

Exactly my point, thank you for your support Xeilidhx. It may look like a wonderful thing but any of you remind yourself of those days spend on the loo throughout the day...not the most pleasant of experiences!!!

Both are tough I'd say aiven, I just have more experience of your plight with ibs! Best advice I could give is see if you have a trigger. I found onion made mine worst. And on days it's been bad I don't have the oatbran. I know that's against rules but at times I can't face it running through me!

At least one "absolutely having to run to the loo with no warning" moments happen once a day not 3-4 times now so it's improving. And I don't take the antispasmodic medications any more (mainly cause I'd need to remember). I always feel bloated on bad days, don't know if you do too? Before dukan on a normal day my tummy would gain 9cm! That happens less too :)

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want senna/meds but a cork :p ...

Both are tough I'd say aiven, I just have more experience of your plight with ibs! Best advice I could give is see if you have a trigger. I found onion made mine worst. And on days it's been bad I don't have the oatbran. I know that's against rules but at times I can't face it running through me!

At least one "absolutely having to run to the loo with no warning" moments happen once a day not 3-4 times now so it's improving. And I don't take the antispasmodic medications any more (mainly cause I'd need to remember). I always feel bloated on bad days, don't know if you do too? Before dukan on a normal day my tummy would gain 9cm! That happens less too :)

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want senna/meds but a cork :p ...

Oh i am not disputing the fact that the other 'state' is better , i guess both are unpleasant but it does make my life hell, especially if i have some guests at home and i am 'forced' to eat lol I was just simply worried that I am totally abnormal but now I feel better :) Thanks!

least we know we're not alone! If I work out anything else that helps it might be worth sharing on here?

xeilidhx said:

I really would rather be sat in a loo for half hour at a time than be constipated, been there done that! Dukan has made my IBS slightly better, I was constipated for a few days and to me that isnt a normal process of the body, so out came the senna! Which then made me constipated, we'll never win!

I do HIGHLY recommend colonic hydropherapy, I had it done twice last year and have never regretted it, yes its expensive but for 6 months I felt quite normal!

There isnt a cure for IBS, eventually you find out what the triggers are, mine used to be apples, cabbage family veg, baked beans, mince and onions but I seem a lot better now.

Slippery elm tablets are amazing. Transformed my bf's life & improved his chrons disease & ibs beyond words. From Holland & Barratt or online.

I can share today that onion is most definitely my trigger. Sob. Twice in 2 hours since having some onion with tea. Boo.

Onion is my trigger too, and I love them x

Onion is my trigger too, and I love them x

I am not sure about it as I do not tend to eat onions separately, mostly have it blended in my soups on PV days. For the past few days have noticed an improvement so maybe it's going to be all ok after all :)

Back