A bit nervous

I am going to my first meeting this evening and, to be honest, I'm a little nervous about it. It's strange because I know that I have nothing to worry about - it's just the thought of walking in there. Having tried various diets before and always giving up, this is the first time that I've decided to join a group. It's as if I am afraid of taking the step in case I fail.

I know that I can't go on as I am and I really hope that this will be what I need to do to succeed this time.

Here's hoping.

Hi do you have the details for the consultant ? if so give them a text and tell them of your fears. Our consultant and previous were/ are fantastic. The group I used to go ( which I will be going back to on saturday ) is so friendly. Just remember everyone is or was in the same boat - they want to lose weight. Give it a try you might just find this time it works. Good luck.

You'll be fine , just think there will be so many others joining like you for the first time. It is always so busy after Christmas. It is daunting I know but I bet you won't regret it.

Good luck! It is daunting the first time you go to group, but like Crazyfool says, there will be other people in the same boat. Also, remember everyone there felt like you the first time. You will soon make friends. Let us know how you get on!

Hi - I'm rejoining and feel the same. Did you know that there is a voucher in the Woman Mag (that came out today) to join free, so all you would need to pay is this weeks £4.95 or whatever it is? I just popped to Sainsburys and bought a copy (it's on Page 65).

Good luck :D

Hi, I joined yesterday and yes I did feel nervous as all eyes were on me, but my consultant was fab and soon made me feel more comfortable, good luck xx

Hi - I'm rejoining and feel the same. Did you know that there is a voucher in the Woman Mag (that came out today) to join free, so all you would need to pay is this weeks £4.95 or whatever it is? I just popped to Sainsburys and bought a copy (it's on Page 65).

Good luck :D

Thank you - I'll pop to Tesco on my way. :)

Good luck! It is daunting the first time you go to group, but like Crazyfool says, there will be other people in the same boat. Also, remember everyone there felt like you the first time. You will soon make friends. Let us know how you get on!

Thanks for your message. I'll let you know how it goes.

Glad it went well! i went to sit in on a meeting tonight went on my own and it was absolutely fine.even though I didn't get weighed, I'm intending to start next week. i hope you have a great week ahead!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I'm so glad it went well. I was in exactly the same boat on Monday. I've been an online member and a DIYer for a few years, but decided to join a group for the last 1/2 stone or so that I can be a lifetime member for free (as long as I stay within target range).

Needless to say, I came out wondering why I'd been so nervous but being severely deaf means I hate being in large groups where I don't know anyone, but the C was brilliant about it, asked what she could do to help and then checked I was coping. I think I picked the right group!

Back