(A bit) O/T - Booked your hols yet?

sharron12

:character00238:
One of the reasons i am trying to stay on the wagon with s/w is the thought of being able to feel comfortable this summer and buy a few new clothes!

Am just looking online at summer hols and need a bit of inspiration if you lovely lot can help?! We have 2 children (2 and 5) so need somewhere family friendly.

Where are you lot going?? x

Mersea Island for our holiday this year! Parents have another house there and a lovely huge beach hut so having a stay-cation there. Cant aford to go away so making the most of what we have. Will probably go camping in Devon somewhere too.

Hi Sharron

Im a travel agent for Tui, so happy to help.

Give some serious consideration to what temperature you want it to be, how long a flight you want to take and things you would like to do when you are on holiday, for example are you an active family or happy to spend your days by the pool?

The best value for money at the minute could be a family friendly cruise, an all inclusive family resort, or somewhere out of the 'euro' zone.

Trip advisor is a good website to look at as the reviews are from people who have been to the hotels etc, but please bear in mind people all like different things and people who are dissatisfied are much more likely to post a review that those that are satisfied.

If you have any more questions or concerns Im happy to help!

Thanks - i hadn't thought of a cruise tbh but doubt if dh would go for it!
We normally go to tenerife (family apt) in august so we are used to the heat. Normally we stay by the pool but have a few days out so not too active! I have looked at the first choice/thomson websites and the family deals are still too expensive although the family villages look fab. The best deal i have seen is an apt in costa almeria with thomascook.com which looks nice. I quite fancy somewhere like that as love 'proper spain'! although I was a holiday rep for cosmos for years so i am a bit cynical of the websites as i know that some of the awful accomodation i looked after looked lovely in the brochures!
Do you know the greek isles? never been and would love to have a jolly there.

I have been to corfu in the corfu town area and absoultely loved that, so easy to get around and a great aqua park close by. Loads of bars and restaurants, v family friendly and the greeks love children!!

All of the islands are very popular with families, my only word of warning would be to stay away from any local car hire companies as they are renowned for being expensive and poor quality- verging on the dangerous.

yay - i am a holiday goddess (in my head!!!) and love to book holidays - currently just the one booked for Easter (6 weeks this weekend) and its in Turkey - we are heading to a resort called Voyage Sorgun - which got 92% on Tripadvisor - so hoping its amazing!!!!

anyone been to Turkey (Side) and can help me out with weather - ???
im thinking April early 20's??

x

We're going to Turkey as well, but not until the end of May! Hoping to be a svelte goddess in my bikini by then lol!

Don't know about Side, we're off to Yalikavak (on the Bodrum Peninsula) and it's going to be late 20's/early 30's when we're there.

Well we are going to fuerteventura tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

We cant wait to have a little bit of sun on our skin! We have had a difficult few weeks with various problems so a break away is just what we need!

I have to agree that thomson are expensive this year. We always book through thomson but i have started looking at thomas cook holidays as they are cheaper for the summer. Also thomson seem to have gone down the all inclusive route with most hotels and apartment for the summer.Which could be value for money but personally we like to get out and about in resort and have nice meals out!

We went to Yalikavak when I was 16 and it was FANTASTIC!!! make sure you go on the river cruise, the mud baths and also into Bodrum - the castle is fantastic!

We went back to Turkey last year and went to Icmeler which is about a 15min walk from marmaris and that was amazing!

I absolutly Turkey and would recommened it to anyone!! x :happy036:

We have booked a very old and gorgeous cottage in Wales with a hot tub in 40 acres of private land and are going with friends. Can't wait 'til August!

were off to florida on the 26th march (can't wait). Theres Me, DH, DS and another family. we are staying in a villa, we stayed in the same villa 2 years ago.:wave_cry:

were off to florida on the 26th march (can't wait). Theres Me, DH, DS and another family. we are staying in a villa, we stayed in the same villa 2 years ago.:wave_cry:

Oh now I'm jealous I just love Florida, the parks, the people, the weather. You'll have such a wonderful time :)

Thanks for all your lovely replies! The only thing better than being on holiday is planning one i think....

Anyway, we've booked it! Going to Puerto Pollensa in Mallorca (self catering) for 2 weeks in August. Trip advisor gave it some great reviews so really pleased. Now i just need to lose 2 stone.......... Booked it through thomascook.com seems quite a bit cheaper than other operators. Wonder if me and dh will look like Jamie and Louise on their holiday? ha ha (wonder if they realised they had forgotten their 2 children - no wonder they look so relaxed!) x

Well from all the talk of holidays........ we booked ours yesterday!!!!!! SO SO SO excited!!!! :wee: 24th september to Marmaris in Turkey. cannot wait. Its a different hotel to the one we stayed in last year but I LOVE Turkey so cannot wait to go back!

So Ive got 3 stone to lose by September, what a fab way to keep motivated!!! xx

We're currently saving up to emigrate to Australia so we are going to stay in the UK and going to Devon for a week with our baby, my sister and her husband and their baby. I am really excited, we never usually go away in the summer!!

Another Turkey fan here!
I went to Spain last year and although I had a nice time I spent so much money compared to what I normally do in Turkey. Turkey is not as cheap as it was when I started going there well over 10 years ago but with the rubbishness of the euro it's still brilliant value. Not booked yet as I have things to sort out first (finding a teaching job for September and a new place to live) but it will need to be during the 6 weeks holidays. My OH has never been to Turkey before so it will be nice to take him there.

Back