A bit of advice, please

Cathy

Silver Member
Hi,
I started LT on Sat (it's Mon today) feeling fine,:D but have a question.
As I said on another post, the plan is 8 weeks on, then 1 week re-feed prior to a hol to Majorca for 2 weeks. I was then going to restart the day after landing, but just realised I have a re-union in Dublin with everyone I did nurse training with, booked for Fri 17th Oct -Sun 19th Oct.
Should I do the 2 weeks after my hol on LT then re-feed for a week prior to going to Dublin, then resume? Or try and stay on a low-cal diet (as I will in Majorca) and start afresh after the Dublin trip?:confused:
I wondered whether 2 episodes of refeeding close together is a bad idea, but VERY willing to have the hassle, if thats the best thing to do.
Really appreciate anyones thoughts, thanks.

Hi Cathy,

I'm no expert on refeeding but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can give you better advice than me.

Is there no way you can go to the reunion still doing LT?

Some say they have difficulty restarting so I'd personally see how you feel after your holiday. If you are still determined then go for it, if not then stick to low fat/low carb between then restart after Dublin.

Good luck.

x

Thanx CF. I don't think doing LT is a goer for the re-union, I suspect it will be about a few drinks and eating out. I'll be careful about WHAT I eat and drink (we're all in our 50s now, and don't party like we did in 1971!! :sigh:)

Id say the same hun. Stay on low cal if you can, a lot of people on here say that stopping and starting is really hard, but im no expert either, because I havent got that far yet!!!!!! Go and enjoy yourself, by that time, youll fell like you did back then with your weight loss and willbe able to party hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol x

Mmmmm, both my sis and sis-in-law are nurses so it was a bit tongue in cheek asking if you could stay on LT on a reunion weekend. I know they like a drink but didn't like to assume all nurses did!

I think I'd stick to an Atkins type diet (just salads and protein) between your hols and the reunion then restart after the weekend away. If you minimise the carbs you eat then you should get into ketosis quicker (I think)

Good luck.

x

Thanks very much for that CF. Sounds sensible. Also good training for when I finally come off LT, I'll have to keep to that kind of eating for life, not my previous "hoover up anything I can see"!Lol:D

Lol!!! I was chocolate washed down with Diet Coke for breakfast type of person before!!!! Now I crave salmon and salad!!!!! (though not necessarily for breakfast!!!)

x

Back