A BIT OF REFLECTION!

celtgirl

HELLO XENCALLIANS!!

just thought it would be nice for us all to reflect a wee bit on weightloss for the feel good factor. if youve lost weight, say one thing you LOVE about yourself since youve lost weight. those who are yet to lose weight, say one thing your looking forward to when you get to goal!!!

I'll go first... I cant wait to buy jeans that arent in the back row on a shelf! (largest sizest are always at the back or not there at all)

I cant wait to be able to buy clothes in ANY shop not just the plus sized place (actually, to shop in clothes shops will be nice, i have to use plus sized online!) also to be able to buy a top in Primark for £3 instead of a plus sized at £15+!!

yep i know what you mean! evans (mostly where i shop) is sooo expensive as well,it'll do your purse good:dooney:

i cant wait to go to la senza and buy a whole load of new undies,that are actually nice and pretty!

Def with bunny and Cgirl with the le senza one! ;-)
I'd can't wait to be able to put on a dress on a night out (which are v rare because of this!) And just go! Not change 50times and then either go feeling ***** and like the "fat friend" or end up refusing to go at all :-(
Xx

Def with bunny and Cgirl with the le senza one! ;-)
I'd can't wait to be able to put on a dress on a night out (which are v rare because of this!) And just go! Not change 50times and then either go feeling ***** and like the "fat friend" or end up refusing to go at all :-(
Xx

i think we all know how that feels!!
keep that in mind and go for it!! :)

All the things you're looking forward to, I've now done, and girls I can't even begin to tell you all how good that feels. The only reason I go into Evans now is to pay off my store card, for the first time in a long long time, I can buy clothes out of Marks and Spencer, and for the first time ever I can buy clothes out of Next. Its an amazing feeling.
It also makes me feel fab that I've become healthier for not just me, but for my kids. My youngest has Autism, and the thought of becoming ill through my obesity, and him losing me, was really the motivation I needed to stay on this journey ( sorry bit deep and meaningful there :rolleyes:lol)
x

There are so many things I can't wait to do..can't pick one lol.... I'm really really looking forward to fitting on all of the rides at Alton Towers next year and not having to lie and say "I'm too scared for that one" just so I don't have to be embarrassed at not fitting........:D

I can't wait to fit in a wetsuit without looking like a whale so I can go whitewater rafting for my 21st :)

I am looking forward to being able to walk on my broken leg again! I shattered my ankle in june and it hasn't healed properly apparently possibly because of my poor diet.

I was also told that excess weight would put more pressure on it when I am walking again and this could lead to further damage!

I totally agree with everyone else, being able to buy a pretty party dress and go out without feeling like the "fat friend" will be amazing too!!!

Awww I LOVE all these reasons :) its going to be just fantasic eeek! :D I just cant wait to be so so much healthier for my kids & myself & hubby...have nice clothes to wear....getting my confidance back!! just generally feeling great about myself :D
Roll on goal & all those little milestones along the way x

All the things you're looking forward to, I've now done, and girls I can't even begin to tell you all how good that feels. The only reason I go into Evans now is to pay off my store card, for the first time in a long long time, I can buy clothes out of Marks and Spencer, and for the first time ever I can buy clothes out of Next. Its an amazing feeling.
It also makes me feel fab that I've become healthier for not just me, but for my kids. My youngest has Autism, and the thought of becoming ill through my obesity, and him losing me, was really the motivation I needed to stay on this journey ( sorry bit deep and meaningful there :rolleyes:lol)
x

Thats great! well done on achieving your goals :D if we all look half as good as you when were done we'll be laughing :D

There are alot of reasons, but the main reasons I have are to feel better about myself (can't even look at people at the moment in the street, I walk around looking at the floor lol) health- there is a risk of breast cancer in my family, mother and auntie have both had it, and being overweight is going to up my chances of getting it, plus I have back problems and being overweight is not helping that either. And my children, I have 3 children, eldest has autism. Another reason is I'm starting university in march to do nursing (and I don't want to be an overweight nurse incase I have to tell a patient they have to lose weight for health reasons - I could think of nothing more embarressing) and I need to be able to stay on my feet for most of the day without feeling like I'm going to pass out lol.

x

aww Ali, you've just brought tears to my eyes :cry: how you felt about your son and loosing him to obesity is just how i feel about both of my kids,but my eldest has a bone disease,it effects the hip,and i just thought what would happen if i was to die or have a heart attack..:eek: my mum is always around,but theres nothing like a mothers care...:)

big hugs to you hun!

xoxo

There are alot of reasons, but the main reasons I have are to feel better about myself (can't even look at people at the moment in the street, I walk around looking at the floor lol) health- there is a risk of breast cancer in my family, mother and auntie have both had it, and being overweight is going to up my chances of getting it, plus I have back problems and being overweight is not helping that either. And my children, I have 3 children, eldest has autism. Another reason is I'm starting university in march to do nursing (and I don't want to be an overweight nurse incase I have to tell a patient they have to lose weight for health reasons - I could think of nothing more embarressing) and I need to be able to stay on my feet for most of the day without feeling like I'm going to pass out lol.

i know what you mean about not looking at people :eek:

i have a bad knee (not related to weight at all) but my weight makes my joints worse,and i cant get any help with my joints until i loose weight.

i cant wait for the summer to come and i feel confident enough to wear summery clothing and also..not sweating my cobs off lol

Back