A brand new me

Satine79

Hi all, I've been dieting for as long as I care to remember and have been everything from a size 8 - size 24 ?and tried all the diets. I've got four lovely children from 11yrs - 6mths, and live with my partner of 4yrs. After the birth of my last baby I had a lot of complications which led to me been housebound for the first 4mths and I ended up comfort eating, piling on the lbs and burying my head in the sand. I was very unhappy and knew that I had to change. On the 14th may I finally got on my scales and took a bodyshot on my phone and that gave me the motivation I needed to take my first step to a healthier new me. I started slimfast that morning weighing in at 13st 6lbs and so far in 5wks I've managed to lose 15lbs. I'm feeling a lot better, more confident and starting to be a good role model to my children. I want to get down to 9st 7lbs so still have quite a way to go but so pleased that I'm finally on the right track. Following the slim fast plan and exercising, finally getting out of the house, off my antidepressants and enjoying life. Finally ready to fight my fat and say hello to a brand new me ?

Hi and welcome, you and I have a few things in common, gaining weight, feeling low, being in denial jumping on scales (13.7lb for me) and making that all important decision. I too that very morning went and bought slim fast, I've been on it for 3 weeks now and have lost 11lb, I can't wait to get to my first stone!!!
Personally I am looking at setting my goal at 10 stone but I will decide when I get close if I want it to be more or less I want a weight that's sustainable!
15lb in 5 weeks is brill, just think how fantastic we will feel @ Christmas whoop whoop !!

Congrats on ur 11lbs loss, it feels great doesn't it to see the numbers going down and been able to tell a difference in the way you look. I've had a fortnight of losing a 1lb a week so my weight loss has slowed down, usually that's enough to put me off and get me reaching for the biscuits but I've actually managed to stay positive this time round. I'm managing to stick to the plan and get exercise when I can (not easy with a toddler and baby) going to try drinking more water and see if that helps shift some weight. Hope I'll be able to tell a big difference by Christmas, got my daughters christening in the last wknd of October and would love to be a size 12 by then. Luckily I'm managing to stay focused got a lot of negative people in my life saying sf is unhealthy and I won't lose the weight but support from here and fb groups is helping me to keep on track.

Mad isn't it how people can be so negative, my mum doesn't like the fact that I am on slim fast, but today I think I may of changed her mind not that she would ever do it.
I explained to her that we've both been on a diet the same amount of time, I've lost 11lb and she has lost probably 3 -4.
Nutritionally my diet is far more balanced than hers with carbs, protein fats vitamins and minerals.
I really felt that even before starting slim fast that bread was affecting my health, I could feel myself bloating when I ate it and would feel lethargic after lunch but was finding it difficult to cut it out, which I can now do quite easily with SF.
So she doesn't seem as disapproving now!
My hubbie is supportive as he can see how positive I am.
Keep yr chin up Hun and get your support here. Yr doing fantastic x

Let this fantastic weight loss spur you on and your heigh mood drown out any negativity around you.
Don't think about how much you have to loose, think about how much you have lost, look at having 1 good day at a time and before you know it you have had a fab week!!
Well done you must be so proud of yourself xxx

You are doing really well and that's great advice saying to think about what you have lost rather than what you have to lose. Very positive.

Well I've finally done it, been promising myself for weeks that I need to make a change and try new things. Been exercising at home on wii and using DVDs for the past few weeks but today I've ordered some running shoes, I would never have dared to go running before due to lack of confidence and wondering what people would say about me. Can honestly say that doesn't bother me anymore, yes I've still got a lot of weight to lose but I need to change my lifestyle and break the yo-yo dieting once and for all.

Who cares what other people think Hun, these are generally people who have nothing better to do with their sad little lives!
I say good on ya girl you go for it, I started running a few months ago but unfortunately had to stop due to hip pain, which I've never had before and never had since, but that feeling of achievement is fantastic!!
Look at the c25k on the net, it's designed to get people running even those of us who have never done it before!
Well done you !!!

Thanks for the advice, had a look at that site and it looks really good, will keep posting and update with how I get on.

Week one day one of c25k done :) had a bad day, out shopping with family ended up in burger king for lunch, first time I've really gone off plan :( had a plain chicken royale and pack of fries couldn't believe I'd eaten nearly 900 calories in one meal. On a positive note at least it got me out on my first run even though it was in the pouring down rain

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done Hun, when I did my first run I could bearly run for 30 seconds at a time, after about 4 weeks I was running for 5 mins at a time and it was an amazing feeling. I am gutted I had to give it up.

A bad day yesterday, ended up not having a shake and eating loads of mashed potatoes and followed by a huge piece of carrot cake :( normally don't have treats in the house so I can't be tempted but my boyfriends parents bought the cake for me :( feel so disappointed with myself. Trying to get back on track today, don't want to take a step backwards. I need to lose this weight once and for all just struggling with my targets. I've got a reunion, holiday and wedding next month and im wanting to be a dress size smaller by then, just getting so frustrated I was hoping that I'd be able to see some results by now, lost 22lbs and still can't see a difference in my body. Anyway enough of my moaning, fingers crossed today will be better

Just completed week one day two of c25k. God my thighs are killing me. Been doing wii fit ever since I started on sf so thought I'd be ready for c25k, never realised how hard it would be, At least it's a good start to the day, now off to jump in the shower and then off to take my lil girls for a long walk while the weathers nice :)

22lbs is a fantastic loss Hun that's 11 bags of sugar, put that in a carrier bag and see how it feels, look at how well you are doing, ok you ate some cake, but draw a line under it and get yourself back on track!
I look in the mirror and I don't see a difference, but there must be a difference because I'm back in jeans I couldn't zip up a few weeks ago !
Keep up the good work you will get there x

After having the week from hell was dreading my weigh in this morning, so pleased to see that I've managed to lose weight this week, finally reached the two stone loss mark, 29lbs down so far :) half way there now :) also managing not to binge eat even though life's pretty **** right now. Hope this week is better and can get refocused on the exercise again

Well done hun,, an amazing loss, and great determination even when things are tough, keep up the good work x

After a week of no exercise and lots of stress wasn't really expecting to lose this week, I've stuck to plan but was having a few more treats and not exercising so was expecting to stay the same. Surprised to find I've lost 2lbs :) goal for this week is to restart exercising, August is going to be tough, got a school reunion at wknd, week holiday after that and then a wedding at the end of month, going to be hard to lose weight but will try my best.

Well done on yr loss, we will never have a clear run at dieting as we all have life events, life would be rather dull without them tho, it's how we deal with it that counts, do we be good through out or do we let our hair down and enjoy? Personally I do the latter and get straight back to it ASAP and do not beat yourself up about it, i feel it's about balance.
Enjoy yr reunion, holiday and wedding x

Past few days been a struggle :( was out for a meal and drinks on Friday and then binged yesterday eating 6 pieces of fridge cake in one go :( don't know what's come over me just hope I can get back on track. Still down at my other halfs parents house so can't exercise for a few days :( start as I mean to go on though banana slimfast for breakfast and fingers crossed today I manage to get my motivation back and avoid all the treats

Back