A Brand Shiny New Slimming World Convert....

Lainie10

Mini-Addict :)
Hi everyone,

Well, I signed myself up for classes tonight, it was something that's been annoying me for a while - but I always manage to put it to the back of my mind and convince myself that I'm perfectly happy as I am..... Which is kinda true, but with what felt like an ever increasing waist line, something had to change..

So I stepped on those scales tonight and got my new membership card! I have come over from Weight Watchers, which I have had great success with a year or so ago, but due to redundancy and other issues I gradually lost the way with it. Plus WW changed all their points system and I just couldnt understand it all.

So, tonight I sit here at the same weight I was when I started weight watchers almost 2 years ago, frustrated that all the hard work done then is undone, this is a new day and a new challenge - am ready to change things! I weighed in at 18st 3 1/2lbs tonight and am determined that this is the ultimate last night that I will EVER be that heavy again!

I look forward to chatting with you all as we do this journey :)

Welcome and good luck on your journey Lainie - im sure you will love the plan. The support and advice here is amazing

Welcome and good luck on your journey Lainie - im sure you will love the plan. The support and advice here is amazing

Thanks Texty_F :) I used Mini's when I did weightwatchers and found it to be invaluable in keeping me on the right road so I'm looking forward to getting on with it :)

Well, proper day one of my new plan, not started brilliantly - need to remind myself to try and stock up the cupboards etc BEFORE I start so I don't face mornings like today where I hardly have anything around to eat that isn't appaling lol...

So, I've done my best with a bad selection this morning, breakfast was 1 slice of white bread (need to buy up wholemeal later lol) which am i right in thinking is 4 1/2 syns? , no butter, but topped it with 2 sliced tomatoes, 2 eggs fried with the smallest bit of oil as I have no spray at the moment, so say that's 1/2 syn each, total of 5 1/2 syns... already!

Bit worried about what to do for lunch today as I'm looking after my baby godson for a few hours in town while his mummy gets some relax time, as I've not got anything decent home I can't take anything with me, so what's the best thing to get out in town? I don't want to mess it all up on the first day! Think it's going to take my head a while to get round this lol..

Anyway, that's enough waffling for now, I will pop back later :) Ciao :) xx

Ok, so yesterday's day one didn't really work properly, really didn't have my head sorted - felt such a big change from Weight Watchers, but today I have a nice lot of shopping in, and am feeling far more ready to take this regime head on..

So - today so far I have scoffed:

Breakfast: Wholemeal Pitta (HEXB) filled with mushrooms and tomatoes and topped with 2 eggs (all done quickly in Fry Light)

My HEXA for the day will be milk for tea and will account for about 4 syns for sugar - just can't do tea without it at the moment, gradually phasing it out though :)

Not sure what lunch will be, possibly spaghetti hoops or beans, not sure what with yet, can't get my head round it all properly still lol.. plus friday's a busy day as I'm a youthworker, so tend to spend the whole day running round like a headless chicken sorting stuff out for club tonight.. A few days in and I'll be fine. OH isnt amused when I told him we'll need to amend our eating habits after club as it's been a bit naughty, so will need to think hard about that one! :p

I guess doing the club with our crew will count as my exercise for the day - set up from 7pm, and pretty much don't sit down again until about 11pm! Then tomorrow it's half term and we're taking our older teens paintballing - so a rather energetic weekend ahead! And I have a weight problem...hmmm...doesn't always make sense! ha ha :)

Anyway, better head off, got to book up trip to Chessington for our younger teens for next week :) Laters xx

Hey Lainie

I started last week and finding it quite easy...hardest thing I find is the snacking!!

Good luck with your jorney...I will certainly be checking in every now and again. Moral support always helps!!

xx

Hey Lainie

I started last week and finding it quite easy...hardest thing I find is the snacking!!

Good luck with your jorney...I will certainly be checking in every now and again. Moral support always helps!!

Hi :) Thanks for stopping by :) Makes me feel less like I'm rambling away to myself (my young people and my other half accuse me of that frequently lol)

I'm all for moral support, I love hearing how other people do things, and ideas and tips for recipes to stop the boringness that diet plans can sometimes bring, I've got so many new ideas in just a couple of days :)

So, to update today's munchings, lunch ended up being two jacket spuds, done in micro and oven with some frylight to crisp up the top - served with tomatoes, onions and spaghetti hoops... Oh my life, I was soooooo stuffed and still am!!! Got a massive jug of squash sitting next to me too in an effort to up my 'proper' liquid intake, not just the fizzy stuff which I've been bad at doing recently.

Bought a few options for dinner tonight after youth club - either going to be noodles with stir fry veg and a little sweet and sour sauce, soup or some uncle bens rice with some sauce. Depends what the OH wants I guess, I think I'll still be exploding after lunch!! :)

Off to do some last minute planning for the yoof tonight, so will speak soon :) xx

xx

I find looking at other peoples sucesses help!

I've been tying different SW stuff this week. Did the SW quiche last night. Was lovely! SW crisps are awesome too!!

My t tonight is steak with roasted veg! Yummy!!

i've seen a pumpkin soup I want to try aswell!! Never had pumpkin! :-S

xx

I find looking at other peoples sucesses help!

I've been tying different SW stuff this week. Did the SW quiche last night. Was lovely! SW crisps are awesome too!!

My t tonight is steak with roasted veg! Yummy!!

i've seen a pumpkin soup I want to try aswell!! Never had pumpkin! :-S

xx

Oooohh, steak with veg, yum yum :) Sounds so appealing! :) Really need to get started making some proper stuff up, problem being is my freezer is currently stocked with 'naughty' things, well, things that I wouldnt want to waste my syns on every day lol. If I could afford it I would just bin it or give it away and stock up on good stuff, but being unemployed I can't afford to do so, so will just have to factor it all in somehow and get rid of it, then replace it with some wholesome yummyness :) I really want to make this Baked Bean Lasagne I keep seeing on everyones diaries, and stock up in the freezer, so my mission is to somehow clear out some space :)

Ok, so yesterday I finished off my food day with 1/2 pack of Uncle Ben's Spec Fried Rice and 1/2 pack of Chinese Style Rice - shared with OH. Although we'd had a barney while packing down at youth club so we didnt speak for the rest of evening. He's still not speaking to me today, which is always fun.

This morning I have had my HEA of milk (well, to be used throughout the day) , 30ml this am with 2 eggs scrambled with my HEXB of 1 wholemeal pitta. Yummy :)

Off paintballing with our young people today and I'm dreading it - one, they're lethal, two, it's absolutely freezing!!!! , and three, it's * week so I just want to curl up in bed with a hot water bottle, not get shot at by psychotic teenagers :p Ah well, sure it will be fun :) plenty of layers me thinks!!

I will pop back on later to let you know I survived!! Who knows what food's going to be like, that will be at OH's parents so have no idea at mo. Saturday's usually a salad so shouldnt be too lethal.

Ciao for now peeps :) xx

The steak was slightly over cooked but still nice! Yum. Some of the SW recipes are just basic food cupboard recipes.

Hope you have a fun day!

xx

Well, the weekend didn't quite work out very well, partly because I am still trying to get used to this new regime, and I'm slightly skint at the moment therefore struggling to buy enough of a variety of food to do it 'properly'.. And partly because I had a weekend of not really being at home and eating out or eating at my other halfs folks.. I've tried to be good tho, and I've definitely lessened my food consumption lol...

So, in some ways, the weekend isnt really worth noting down as I know it was over .. So today has been: Breakfast : wholemeal pitta as my HEB, with mushrooms and egg.. Lunch was wholemeal bread (4syns) with ham and 1 slice of my HEA of low low cheese slice, and 1 syn for 2 tsp butter. Also tomato.

Dinner was pasta with linda mccartney red onion and rosemary sausages, red peppers and mushrooms.

I still struggle to think what to do with meals, as I don't like yoghurts etc, and am so used to having sandwiches etc, so need to stretch my brain a little. I'm spending a lot of time at my other halfs towards the end of the week while his mum and dad are away and I am planning to do a baked bean lasagne (look longingly at everyone elses diaries when they post it, so time i did it myself!!) so I can put the remainder portions in the freezer for a few meals next week. Need to think up a portable lunch for Thursday as we're taking our youth to Chessington for the day so need something decent to scoff.

Anyway, loads of stuff to do tonight so i better not be on here long, hope everyone is good :) xx

Ur sausage dinner sounda lovely :)

Good luck with the baked bean lasagne - I dont like beans so not one I'll be trying

I know where your coming from with limitations on food and what to do with them. i have a tummy problem where i cant eat most carbs so green days are no good. I am trying tho. I had pasta for the first proper time last week in 13 years. Wasnt as bad as it used to be.

So i am mainly doing red days. With meat veg and eggs. The crisps dont bother me tho. Weird.xx

Ur sausage dinner sounda lovely :)

Good luck with the baked bean lasagne - I dont like beans so not one I'll be trying

I know where your coming from with limitations on food and what to do with them. i have a tummy problem where i cant eat most carbs so green days are no good. I am trying tho. I had pasta for the first proper time last week in 13 years. Wasnt as bad as it used to be.

So i am mainly doing red days. With meat veg and eggs. The crisps dont bother me tho. Weird.xx

Sausage dinner wasn't as great tasting as I thought it would have been, need to get a sauce in it, was a bit dry lol.. That will be one I have to tweak to make it just right :)

The baked bean lasagne looks quite scrummy, not quite sure about how my OH will take it as, although he loves baked beans, he doesn't like things like mushrooms and onions, so will need to seriously disguise them lol.. I need to think up a couple of dinners to do for us both for the next few days so not sure what to do thats affordable as Im pretty skint until monday. So my thinking hat needs some serious working, would be easier without a fussy OH who is addicted to fast food, ha ha :p

My food limitations still semi continue - i feel at the moment like I may actually turn into a baked potato - yesterday I had one with scrambled egg when we went out for lunch as I didnt know what else to have and I didnt want to completely screw up my week lol, and today we went to morrissons for lunch and I had a baked pot with chilli (which was abs scrummy, no idea if it was lean mince, but I certainly enjoyed it lol)

It obviously wasn't too bad however, as I had my first weigh in at tea time tonight, and I lost 4.5lbs!!! Woo!!! I am now down in the 17's which has made me so ecstatically happy this evening!! Ready for the next week now :)

Hope everyone is well, I need to visit everyones diaries more, but tend just to have moments on here, I promise I will pop in soon :p Until then!!! :) xx

Aw no! I hate it when you look so forward to something and then your disappointed!

my other half likes Mcdonalds! It's a good job I cant stand Mc D's, Burger King, pizza hut etc etc I just like wine!!

Went swimming last night! I loved it! Going again either tonight and tomorrow!

What's that plan looking like today?

xx

Aw no! I hate it when you look so forward to something and then your disappointed!

my other half likes Mcdonalds! It's a good job I cant stand Mc D's, Burger King, pizza hut etc etc I just like wine!!

Went swimming last night! I loved it! Going again either tonight and tomorrow!

What's that plan looking like today?

xx

Hi Chezza :) Not been on for a few days as been staying up at my OH's for a few days, his parents are away for a week so been having a change of scenery lol...Unfortunately I dont get signal for my internet up at his so been going through withdrawal lol..

Unfortunately the plan isnt going so well this week at the moment, money is almost non existent due to bills and rent , so I've been living off what's at my dude's place, not such a good thing in week 2, but whatever happens on the scales on wednesday, i will accept and start again afresh for next week, just a blip. Frustrating that healthier stuff costs you more :(

Had a good day with my young people at Chessington on Thursday, but unfortunately it was absolutely FREEZING!, so had lots of cups of tea - kinda threw the day out lol, although I did pretty much walk around ALL day so can't be too horrendous, perhaps however the Chinese when we got home eventually about 10.30pm, (a very eventful evening once we'd got the kids back to their parents lol - things never work out how you intend!) possibly put the day over... Friday wasnt too bad, just cereal in morning, can't remember what we had for lunch, then I made spag bol on Friday night - but had spent the afternoon working in local charity shop so had done plenty of walking about/standing lol... Saturday was cereal, chicken sandwich, then KFC for dinner (oops - other half was playing out with his band 2.30 - 4.30, then our church's 130th Birthday celebration in the evening at half 6, so was a tight turn around, and that finished at 9.30pm so no energy left to cook lol... Sunday was roast courtesy of Sainsbury's frozen meal department as other half had Rememberance Day engagement with our band, then our church meeting afterwords, dinner was beans on toast.. There have been a few naughty snacks thrown in too somewhere - so yes, I'm expecting to be told off this week!

Ah well, tomorrow is a new day! :)

Anyway, better scoot , got an appt at 1pm and need to find something suitable for lunch lol :) xx

I have done appalingly at keeping up to date on here - I havent got lost tho - I'm now sitting at 6.5lbs lost in 3 weeks - 4th weigh in tomorrow. I have had a week where I have almost eaten anything that moves, as well as that which doesn't.... It's * week and my body has gone completely cuckoo, my will power packed it's bags and went on annual sabbatical.. I am currently trying to convince it to come home, meanwhile I still plan to weigh in tomorrow and take whatever the scales tell me on the chin - I certainly deserve it. I need to freshen up what I'm eating and I need to get back on track. And I am determined to do this, this plan is so much better than WW in sooooo many ways, and I am soooo frustrated and annoyed at myself for ballsing it up this week. But im going to persist and start again. Hope everyone is doing well, will have a diary browse shortly :) Laters everyone, and if anyone has any useful tips, good snacking suggestions or anything like that, I will be your friend forever and ever and ever...... :p lol xx

Last edited:
Well, somehow, I have absolutely no idea how or why as I really don't deserve it , but weigh in showed another pound off - that's 7.5lbs in 4 weeks - half a stone and a bit!! Woo!! :) Today I am feeling extremely grateful and even more determined than ever to get right back on track and get this weight off. My jeans are beginning to feel like they're going south - and, as a youthworker, I really cannot let that happen, so I'm just going to have to get to the next size so I can buy some new, fitted ones :) I WILL DO THIS!!!!!! No more rubbish going into my mouth , and if it is it will be noted, not miraculously forgotten. I had a breakfast in Asda this morning after weigh in, and being honest I didnt actually enjoy it - all I could really taste in it was the grease/oil - shows that my body is too used to my frylight lol :) So that was my last fry up in that sense cos it just tasted a bit bleugh....

So - fry up was my breakfast & Lunch - Sausages, Scrambled egg, bacon (i took the fat off at least lol), mushrooms, tomatoes and hash browns....i wouldnt even know what the syns would be lol....

Dinner tonight will be pasta with passata, herbs, mushrooms - will probably wander down to Tescos and get some chicken or something to include with it. Yummy :)

I'm on this, I need to be!!!! :) xx

Last edited:
Well, I'm not doing hugely well at keeping up with my diary, but I am chuffed that my will power appears to have returned from it's holiday and is now functioning.

I am a little apprehensive about the weekend however, having a weekend in Eastbourne as we are at a youthwork conference. Unfortunately due to lack of time and location of venue, I don't know what else is nearby other than chippys for tea, so I will have to think carefully about that, the thought of that grease almost turns my stomach :/

I will update on Monday, and hopefully my halo will be all shiny???? :p

In a good mood today, I have been out of work for two years come next friday and the jobs have been hard to come by. But today I just got offered an interview for a pretty decent permanent job on Tuesday, so I have everything crossed that is physically possible... More pennies means more ability to really get to grips with all this stuff - it's difficult to keep buying good stuff on JSA :/ But I'm definitely trying :) xx

hey, I have just seen in your first post you too are a convert from WWers.
I am too, I plowed along really well until PPs came in then things slowed right down then I stopped and gained it all back again! Were you ever on the WW community pages? I used to be on there quite a bit, I just wondered if we would 'know' each other seeing as we were both following WWers at the same time x

Well done on your 7.5lbs loss so far that is great :) x

Well done hunni on the loss. That's fantastic!!
How did the interview go?
x

Back