Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

A Cautionary Tale with a happy ending ...I hope!

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by Trish58, 27 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Trish58

Trish58 New Member

Hello Everyone

I was banded just over two years' ago by Dr Czerny in Brno, Czech Republic. Pre-op I weighed 14st 9lbs (205lbs). Thanks to the great advice and caring attitude from everyone at my aftercare provider, WLS Group, I successfully lost 50 lbs in the first year. Then I became sloppy with my attitude towards my band and almost came to resent it! I was pushing it to its limits! So, when I was booked to do a chronic pain management course at St Thomas' Hospital, I made the decision to have my band emptied. My reasoning was that I would be eating hospital food in short breaks and that I would not have the time to eat slowly and chew properly. In all honesty, I think I thought I was cured and that somehow I would miraculously not put on weight without my band! Wrong - I have put on almost a stone! After discussion with Wendy, the lovely lady who does my fills in London, I am now having it filled gradually. I learned a valuable lesson and now appreciate my band more than ever. I have to work with it and it will work for me. I am now on track to lose another 2 stone. With the right support from my aftercare provider; who are always available to talk to on the phone and the support groups they hold in London every few months; where I can chat to other people on the same journey, and my friends I know I can do it! I am sharing this in case anyone has the same misapprehension that I had, that somehow my band had done its job and was no longer working for me; when in fact, I wasn't working with the band! Good luck on your journeys and I will let you know how mine goes! Trish xx
    :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood

Hi there Trish, interesting read! I have looked into WLS for the past few years but for some reason I haven't taken the plunge. I had a consultation with Wendy in 08/9 and found her a nice lady. Good luck with the rest of your weightloss journey!:D

4. flab-buster

flab-buster Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Its good to read others experiences, thanks for sharing :) Good luck with the rest of your journey xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.