a couple of questions on day 5

floridagirl2012

Hi there I was wondering for those of you who are in the know if you could help me with couple of questions.

1) Does total solution's stop your periods? Or affect you?

2) My muscles are aching a bit in my legs and lower back , is this just because we are have so few calories.

3) I have had 2 days where I have lost nothing ( I think this is because my periods due but I have a no show for that) on first week , how much is the average loss for some one as over weight as my self?

Also I am interested in you have experienced from other people once you have told them the plan your on and there response................many thanks xxx

I never even thought of that! Good questions!
People think they know it all when you tell them what diet you're on lol. Patronising!

I'm on day one but have had very scepticle and negative responses from people I have told. My hubby just scoffed, he thinks I will fail. My friends just say 'oh I could never give up my food' etc.
So if you're getting negative responses you're not alone! I'm very interested in the answers to the other questions, and have another (if you don't mind)....is it okay to carry on taking multivitamins? Such as the orange berocca drinks?
Thanks x

Hi floridagirl! Yes your cycle can be knocked out by a VLCD. Haven't heard of the muscle pain thing, though I know some people get a lot of leg cramps on VLCDs. You won't lose something every day - the losses seem to come in big whooshes - no idea why but it has to be something to do with fluid ;) I've had weeks where I lost 4lb overnight then nothing for 8 or 9 days, and weeks where I've lost nothing. Try to look at your loss over a longer period - a couple of weeks, or a month - that's when you'll see the losses properly! (Says the daily weigher). ;)

Good luck! :)

Oh and I haven't anyone apart from my partner about the diet - nobody's business but mine! Never ceases to amaze me that my children don't cop on though. :D

Total solution hasn't stopped my period....but in fact made it a whole lot worse!! I have heavy bleeding every couple of weeks now whereas I never used to get a period at all (a side effect of the implant) However I think everyone's body is different and it depends how yours reacts to your weight loss! A lot of people report no change to their cycle x

The only answer I do know is that you don't need to take extra vitamin supplements as there are already enough in your three packets :)
yes I get people telling me this diet won't work and to eat sensibly etc. I'm quite rude because I'm not them and if that works for them, fine, but I'm better at working harder for a shorter time. If I'm allowed any leeway ill just give up

I havent found my period has been affected but I do know others have been heavier than usual or stopped altogether! Ooo I would love that. ..

Never had muscle cramps either.

Only my dh and children know I am on exante. They were sceptical at first but since I am having no trouble sticking to it they have completely accepted it. I havent told anyone else because I know I will be bombarded with negative comments re the safety of the diet. Totally unfounded of course and I could give them the facts, but I cant be bothered. As someone said, it is my business and no-one else's.

Its an amazing plan. The best I have ever found.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi there I was wondering for those of you who are in the know if you could help me with couple of questions.

1) Does total solution's stop your periods? Or affect you?

2) My muscles are aching a bit in my legs and lower back , is this just because we are have so few calories.

3) I have had 2 days where I have lost nothing ( I think this is because my periods due but I have a no show for that) on first week , how much is the average loss for some one as over weight as my self?

Also I am interested in you have experienced from other people once you have told them the plan your on and there response................many thanks xxx

Hi Floridagirl,

I've been on TS for 10 weeks now and it has been much easier than I ever imagined it could be.

My periods have always been regular and no change there. What I have noticed though is that where I used to suffer with really bad period pain on my first day, I have had very minimal pain and my periods have been lighter and lasted around 3-4 days instead of 4-5 as usual. No complaints from me!

No muscle pain or aches.

Try and only weigh once a week. I know it is tempting to keep hopping on the scales, but if you are being 100% there is little else you can do so any staying the same, or worse still, a gain, will just demotivate you. Water can make a huge difference. I find the week before my period is due I have a big loss, then the week of my period I have a small loss. My losses can be anything from 3lb to 7lb a week, depending on my cycle.

I haven't broadcast that I am on a VLCD, but my closest friends and my family know and have all been supportive. They know how much my weight has got me own over the years so are pleased I am doing well and feeling better. Plus I have a cousin who lost a lot of weight with Lighter Life several years ago and has kept it off so that makes the family recognise that it does work!

Good luck with your first week, is it your weigh in tomorrow?

Sparkley 10 weeks is amazing!!

Have you continued to loose every week or do you see the occasional gain or maintain?

I'm only on day 4 but just interested to hear about its long term effects!

If you don't mind me asking how much have you lost in those 10 weeks?

Vicky if you look at Sparkley's signature (all those figures in purple at the bottom of her post), and also the stats down the side (under her photo) it gives the story of her loss. Awesome, isn't it? :D

My period was 2 weeks late this time round on exante and it gave me a STS weight for that week.. nut I am 44 so it could be mother nature starting to work her magic..

I don't tell anyone other than my mum and a couple of close friends that I am on this diet... people have a very fixed idea of VLCD and its generally the ones who don't have a weight issue that have the biggest detrimental opinion!!!! if I have a social function I cant avoid I just tell a little white lie and say I have a urine infection so cant drink .. it explains why im glugging water and I say the antibiotics have robbed my appetite if im offered buffet food etc...

Another good idea with this diet is to record your measurements.. as the week I had a STS I had lost inches all over lol... it just helps you not to feel its not working etc..

I used to be a daily weigher but I am trying very hard to crack that as some days you can gain a pound through fluid ... I am nearly down to just my official Monday WI now with a little hop in the week lol ..

good luck with your week and lots more to come if you have lots to lose xx

Hi Vicky and Waterworks

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, I do feel really pleased with my progress. But I have got a lot of weight to lose so plenty to go at!

I've lost 3st 9lb in 10 weeks - which is pretty amazing as normally I lose a couple of stones and then everything grinds to a halt. I have always been big... from toddler through to adult. I lost 11 stones with WW about 20 years ago, had surgery to remove lots of sagging empty skin, swore I would never put the weight back on then, over the years it all piled back on again. I have been to WW and SW more times than I can remember and always lost a couple of stones fairly quickly but then nothing more. So this is desperate measures for me but amazed at how easy I have found it. I'm also doing the 30 day shred DVD each day and that is helping.

I seem to average about 3-4 lbs a week but then every fourth week I have a big loss (week before TOTM).

Two more weigh-ins before I go on holiday so hoping to lose 5 lbs in that time to make it 4 stones.

I know it seems ridiculous, and if someone had said it to me in the early days I would have been sceptical, but it really does get easier the longer you do it!

x

I'm really blown away by your progress, and thank you for letting me know it gets easier the longer you do it. That really helps!

Back