A couple of short stories written 2008

Lynn8124

Gold Member
Revenge.

They had nothing to say to each other. Everything had already been said. Screaming and shouting had been done too. Their marriage was well and truly at an end. Robert's latest affair had been the last straw. Anna knew she had to draw the line somewhere, he had made a fool of her for too long. They had been married 25 years and people used to tell Anna he had cheated on her on the second night of their honeymoon.
Tonight she had calmly crushed up sixty of his heart pills and put them into the Irish stew he was so fond of. He had devoured the plateful and asked for seconds. He ate the seconds plus apple pie and fresh cream. 'What the heck do these younger women see in him?' Anna wondered, bemused.

His heart had given out as he was pumping iron at the gym after dinner that evening. Anna had driven straight to the hospital as soon as she got the call from Doctor Clements. The good doctor approached and Anna steeled herself for the inevitable. 'I'm sorry Mrs. Wilson, we did everything we could.' Anna wondered how many times he had said that in his career.
She nodded and sniffed. 'I'm sure the £3m life insurance will make up for it' Anna thought and covered up a giggle with a loud sob.
The end.

You Don't know what you've got 'Til it's Gone.

'God you look amazing' said Leeroy Jones to his reflection in the mirror. 'What time's your set tonight, babes?' Asked his partner Gerald who was forty-seven and loaded. 'I have to be at Nero's for ten o'clock' Leeroy replied spraying his recently bleached hair with a big can of Motions hair oil. 'Do you think I should get dreadlocks, hon?' 'No you look great, plus they take ages to grow and then you have to get them cut out when you get bored' Gerald reassured him.
'Did you feed Ozzy today?' Gerald had bought Leeroy a beautiful yellow Labrador for his twenty-first birthday two months previously but now he was regretting his hasty decision. 'No sorry, I forgot. Lorraine and Kara called round with their holiday snaps and a bottle of Malibu' Leeroy faked a sad smile. 'For goodness sake Lee a dog is for life not just for Christmas!' Gerald shouted in exasperation as he flounced out of the room. 'Whatever!' Muttered Leeroy as he put on his favourite gold chain, still standing in front of the mirror. 'Anyway it was my birthday not Christmas....God, what a drama queen!' He splashed some Ralph Lauren aftershave on and went into the recording studio Gerald had bought him after their first row, to experiment with mixing some new tunes for tonight's gig at the club.

Gerald sat on a low stone wall in the back garden and tried to clear his head. He threw Ozzy's tennis ball and the young dog ran after it at the speed of light, wagging his tail madly. Gerald smiled at the dog's innocent existence and thought if only life was that simple for humans. He pondered on where his relationship with Leeroy was going. He knew twenty-six years was a big age gap. He'd tried to ask his mother's advice but with her being seventy-two, frail and with a weak heart he decided it was best to tell her Leeroy was 'Leeanne' and only ten years younger. His Mum had told him to seek the advice of his father but as he'd been dead for fifteen years Gerald was pretty much left to his own devices.

He thought about how much Leeroy took him and his generosity for granted. How he made mess around the house and expected someone else to clean up after him. How he'd lost interest in Ozzy after a fortnight, his constant flirting with guys his own age when they went out. The dog returned with the ball eventually but wouldn't and give it back to him. Gerald laughed and said 'I wondered why the woman I bought you from described you as “the odd ball”'

Later that night at Nero's as Leeroy was setting up his DJ-ing equipment, Gerald spotted a man he'd had a crush on at uni. He waved him over and the two got reacquainted. 'So Ralph...when did you come out of the closet?' Gerald asked casually, knowing that ninety-nine percent of the men in Nero's were gay. Ralph blushed and replied 'When I was twenty-seven.' As they laughed and drank champaigne Gerald noticed Leeroy staring at them jealously. He smiled wickedly at him and mouthed 'You're dumped!'

The end

I enjoyed to read both, mainly the last one ;)

You're welcome;)

Do you still write? :)
When I was a kid/teen I used to write a lot because there wasn't internet (lol) and it was very relaxing. I may try to write again during summer holidays

xx

You're welcome;)

Do you still write? :)
When I was a kid/teen I used to write a lot because there wasn't internet (lol) and it was very relaxing. I may try to write again during summer holidays

xx

lol I was just gonna ask if you write too! I am currently trying to write a novel but I need to contact my creative writing tutor as she has my file and notes that I now need to help with characterisation etc.

What genre do you write? I seem to veer on the humourous side even when I don't mean to lol.

A novel!! That's a long writting work but it'll be worth for sure;)

The last time I wrote was last year for a vegetarian local magazine and for a blog about opinion (I basically made articles on issues from vegetarianism to gender equality, religion, etc. giving my opinion with explanations... each article had about 1000 words). I'm portuguese so everything I write is in portuguese.
When I was younger I used to be more creative (like any child I think) and I used to write fairy tales :p
Not anymore... now I just write essays at university, sigh...

xx

Nothing wrong with fairy tales!:D I need to get back to writing every day, I am so undisciplined!

Go back to write Lynnella! :p

xx

Don't you enjoy sunny days?

The colder months are from November to February.
The hoter months are from May to October, But now it's April and the temperature already reached 30 degree Celsius = 86 degree Fahrenheit.

Once we're on financial crisis (like Greece and Ireland) the hotels are very cheap around these months;)

I'm glad for you Lynnella, it sounds like you're really motivated :D Go write girl!

Don't you enjoy sunny days?

The colder months are from November to February.
The hoter months are from May to October, But now it's April and the temperature already reached 30 degree Celsius = 86 degree Fahrenheit.

Once we're on financial crisis (like Greece and Ireland) the hotels are very cheap around these months;)

I forgot to reply to this lol. A good day here in Ireland of say 25c is enough to make me feel sickish lol so if I go to Portugal the milder months.;)

Back