a day off? is it a good or bad thing to do?

Layano

I am on ss since a month and I have lost around 16lb. I am planning to stick to ss for more 8 weeks. Honestly I miss bread and pasta. I am not sure if I take a day off and eat carb will be a good or bad thing to do?

Please remember no food talk allowed in the 100% section

Thread moved to main forum :)

Itll mean u put on bit of weight, and you will come out of ketosis so will have to go through those gruelling 1st days again. Its upto u whether u think its worth it?! I would say no, u have come so far and why undo it?!

wannabefitatthirty said:
Itll mean u put on bit of weight, and you will come out of ketosis so will have to go through those gruelling 1st days again. Its upto u whether u think its worth it?! I would say no, u have come so far and why undo it?!

Echo above, take care xx

If you're wanting to eat can you not have a day of non carb food?

perhaps have an 810 week? ok so still no bread and pasta but food lol.

The desire for carbs is something you are going to have to think about long term, it will need to be managed one way or another. I'd choose not to eat them yet!

Hiya. Do you think by having the one day off for bread and pasta, it might keep you on the straight and for the next 8 weeks?

Or if you have the day off and it doesn't hamper your diet - would you then be tempted to do it more often?

I did SS+ for 16 days then went on holiday. Had 9 days off the diet - eating out and drinking 6 of those days. My following weigh in after only 4 days back on the diet I'd lost 3lbs... was obviously over the moon and felt remotivated for a couple of days but have ended up cheating since on 2 days this week :sigh: not sure if this is because I got away without a gain before. Or just because having the taste of real food again (and already being more comfortable in my clothes) has made it hard to resist.

Moral being; I wish I could go back the strong willpower I had in the beginning!!

Good luck with your decision XX

Back