A few questions about joining, and what to buy in preperation!

Felix

Gold Member
Hello! Sorry if this is in the wrong section...

Me and the OH are joining WW this week after losing 3 stone & 4.5 stone on the Cambridge Diet. I have looked online and there's a meeting on wednesday close by :)

Do we just turn up at the meeting or do we have to call someone first? I've looked at the monthly pass online - can I buy this online first ready for the meeting on Wednesday?

Also, can anyone recommend any essentials I should buy in ready for starting on wed?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Felix!

I'm doing ww again, but for the last time!! I'm also new to pro points.
My meeting is on a Wed morning, when I joined I got everything I needed to get started the first day. I then went to Asda shopping.
Your leader will explain the programme to new members after the meeting.
There will also be ww items you can buy: pp calculator, ww choc bars/sweets, recipe books, etc. But if you wait until your next meeting, you'll have a better idea of what you'll need.

It is quite a good plan and there are so many threads here on ww, and so many people who will answer any questions you may have.
Good luck to you and your oh!!
Jackie xx

Sorry, meant to add ~ you can buy the pass at the meeting and you don't need to call anyone.
There is quite a bit of reading in the file you'll be given so there is no point spending a lot of money on things at the meeting you may not need or use. It's very easy to get carried away!!

J xx

Hi jackie thanks for the reply! I did WW in my teens but used to go with my mum so can't remember what we had to do haha. There's a meeting on a Wednesday after I've finished work so I think we will go and then do an asda shop afterwards. I'm really hoping they still do the WW chewy toffee chocolate bar things! I used to love them. Good luck to you too :)

Hi Felix,

If you get the daily or Sunday papers there's a free registration & 1st class coupon worth £15 but they expire on Saturday 4th June. This will mean nothing to pay for your first class etc & then purchase the monthly pass as its really good value.

I also couldn't live without my calculator, eating out guide & shopping guide. I bought these in a pack which was £20 & I think I've seen these packs are to be on offer in June with 25% off them. x

Boo said:
Hi Felix,

If you get the daily or Sunday papers there's a free registration & 1st class coupon worth £15 but they expire on Saturday 4th June. This will mean nothing to pay for your first class etc & then purchase the monthly pass as its really good value.

I also couldn't live without my calculator, eating out guide & shopping guide. I bought these in a pack which was £20 & I think I've seen these packs are to be on offer in June with 25% off them. x

Brilliant! Thanks for the info :)

Hi Felix,

In the July issue of the WW magazine it says that the calculator etc will have 25% off from the 5th June. :) x

You don't need to phone anyone, just turn up at the meeting.

I bought my monthly pass online the day before my meeting and just printed it out and took it with me.

The only thing I did in prep was buy loads of fresh meat and veg as I knew thats pretty much what I would be living on

Good luck :D

Thanks both of you :D

We have been shopping today and got lots of fruit and veg and meat and some warburtons square wraps cos I read about people making nice pizzas from them haha. I'm excited to start now :) feels weird buying all this fruit and stuff after doing Cambridge for so long!

get the calculator and an electric weighing scales,,i'd be lost without both of these:)

Back