A first for me today...

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
...this may sound strange but I told my Mum how much I weigh today! Because I'm quite tall I suppose I can get away a little bit easier with carrying some extra weight - no excuse and that's why I'm here! But today I met up with Mum (we're very close) and I was raving about SW and she was saying how good I'm looking and doing well and I said 'yeh, still 3 stone to go' (4 pounds gone so far) and she said 'no way' and then I told how much I started off at - I've acknowledged my starting weight and that I'm on a lifestyle change so telling my nearest and dearest (told OH the other day) feels another step along the journey! A small but significant step for me! :) xx

Well done hun. It's a hard thing to do. I still don't tell my mum what my weight is now, she just knows I've lost 3 stone. Thing is, at 10 stone I should, according to the height/weight/bmi thing, weigh less than I do and that isn't going to happen! So, you're one step ahead of me hun.
Well done!

I know how difficult it is to "admit" your actual weight to yourself ..... let alone anyone else, so good for you for taking this step! It's just really now that I've lost 6st, that I'm actually admitting just how heavy I was ...... as if I could "hide" it! .... lol

Well done to you. X

Good for you!! :D

The girls at work were asking me how much I would like to lose in total and when I said 10 stone, they looked at me puzzled and I could see them thinking in their head "10 stone? whaaaat"!! I just smiled at them =]

I totally agree this is a big step on your emotional journey! Go you! Be proud, and accept yourself.. and embrace your new lifestyle, it sounds like your loving it already which is fab.

Congrats on those 4lbs, and lots of huggles for you! x

thanks all - you're all so lovely on here xx

Back