A Freshly brewed 2012 and a few pounds lighter!

KensyLo

Dear passionate dieters,

I've always struggled with weight. I'm not terribly fat but I want to look just a tad bit fitter and slimmer.

I started JUST today and I'm about to leave for the gym in about half an hour.

I really really want support and motivation from you all and I'd be really happy to hear success stories.

I'm trying the low carb diet with additional water and exercise 3 to 4 times a week. Do you think it will help?

I'm going to keep you updated with my weight.

P.S: to be honest, I haven't weighed myself in months and I am about to tomorrow with a brand new scale :)

Ok, so I am terribly disappointed!

Here is why:

I went to the gym yesterday as I said and they said that the membership had become invalid and I'd have to pay for another one…see, I didn't know it was valid for just a year :(

Anyway, wish me luck in convincing my darling mom to buy another expensive membership for the gym :)

I will update.

Come on people! say something?

Ah, shame about the gym! Hope it hasn't de-motivated you too much.

Best of luck with your challenge, it sounds like you are going about it in a very healthy way :)

Thank you soo much! I am going to try to be healthy.

I have a question…is having eggs, fried or boiled, (almost) every morning a bad thing? (for a low carb diet)

Oh but that's great!! Thank you soo much! I have actually also ordered dr. Atkin's Diet book (in dutch) but it hasn't arrived yet so I'm still waiting for the exact recipes. Right now, I'm just improvising and trying things out myself. But that link will help me a great deal, thanks again :)

oh and btw Jo, I saw your pictures, I think you look GREAT. A real inspiration <3

I'm still young and I tend to change my mind a lot. Still struggling a little but hopefully this Forum will help :)

Oh great! Thank you so much !

I have some real good news:

I convinced my mom to buy another membership of the gym. I'm going this evening!

P.S: still waiting for the Atkins diet book :(

Anoooother good news! I JUST received the Atkin's Diet book. YES. I can now totally get started with my diet (properly i.e.)

Eggs are great - poached or boiled. Fried is not good, and scrambled has too much added junk.......a slice of wholegrain toast without butter and a poached egg is a good brekkie!

thanks! I'm avoiding all sorts of bread so yeah i'll take eggs i guess.

fried eggs are ok for atkins diet, right? you need fat and proteins, right? i dont do eggs every single day but still quite a lot.

Yeah it is just fats and proteins. I've tried this diet but only managed 2 weeks before I got sick of the sight of eggs, meat and cheese! It's unbelievable just how many things have carbs in that u can't have on this diet!

Do you eat bacon? If so a nice breakfast is scrambled eggs made with double cream and butter with chopped up pieces of bacon mixed in! Delish! Just chop up and fry your bacon and once cooked pour in your eggs and make into scrambled! It makes a nice change!

The beauty about Atkins is you can have fatty foods such as cream and cheese! Be careful though because sometimes certain foods can stall your weight loss. The science behind this diet is interesting and goes against all normal diet rules but it is proven to work!

Remember to bulk up your diet with lots of salad leaves and try and be as inventive as u can with your food! There is nothing worse than dreading your meal....

Good luck with your journey, keep updating! X

Heey! ^ Thanks for the tips. The thing is…I don't eat bacon at all :p haha. I usually have salmon/chicken/tuna as far as meats are concerned..

and yes I'm already a bit sick of eggs so I think I'm gonna have to go into my creative mode. I love cooking so I guess that will help.

So you have followed it for 2 weeks, right..did you lose weight, how much?

Problem is: I can't stay away from 1. Milk 2. Fruits .. and both are 'taboe' foods in the Induction week.

Plus, I don't love meat..however, I do love all sorts of salads so that's a plus.

Still trying!! I'm officially gonna start my gym trainings on Monday and then I'm gonna try to follow this diet religiously + update with weight :)

Thanks Tiaratara!

I only lost 5lb and didn't think it was worth it for the torture I felt like I was going through!!

Another recipe I seemed to live off was steak with that Boursin garlic cheese melted and made into a sauce with some cream. Obviously u could use chicken etc instead!!

What about omelettes in the morning? Maybe a few mushrooms and cheese??

I hope u do well hunni, it just didn't work for me. I was tired, moody and just felt soooooo lazy and demotivated.

The lack of carbs really did me in! Lol!

Xxx

Yeah omelettes will do I think..I will try tomorrow for sure. Just got some eggs today. Aawww..thats not much weight lost in two week…oh well let's see how I do. It is indeed real hard to stay away from carbs :(

I'll try your recipe soon, it sounds nice!

One thing's for sure: If Atkins's doesn't do anything to your weight, it certainly does something to your creativity of making food ;)

Come over and see us on the atkins board - lots of advice, help and recipes

As you can see from my stats - it does work:D

oh thank you so much..i'm new on the forums. I should've opened this one on Atkin's special.

Can my post be moved over to Atkin's? Please do if possible :)

Good plan - equally well feel free to just come and start a new thread in atkins diaries:D

Back