A good read!!!

Diva

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Gosh where do I start??? There are so many good books around that can help you on the path to self awareness and acceptance.

Please feel free to add to this list any gems that you have also come across. So, for starters, here goes:

• I Can Make You Thin - Paul McKenna (of course!!)
  • Binge No More - Joyce Nash
  • Ultimate Weight Solution - Dr Phil
  • Mind over Mood - Christine Padesky & Dennis Greenberger (this is used as the basis for LL's CBT programme)
  • Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway - Susan Jeffers
  • You Can Heal Your Life - Louise Hay
  • Awaken The Giant - Tony Robbins
  • Women who run with the wolves - Clarissa Pinkola Estes (fabulous, fabulous book!)
There are so many that I'm sure this list will just keep on growing.

Men who can't love!!!! Now that sounds like an interesting book! ;)

It's fabulous!! Totally changed my perception of me and how I allow relationships to control my emotions! For the first time in my life, I was able to say, actually, it's NOT me, it's them!
I highly recommend it!

ROFPMSL at Brad!!! :D

100 Days of Weight loss by Linda spangle - its sets a little mini challenge every day

I was hoping you would post this one!!! :)

Isobel1965 said:
hahahhaah Brad - obviously it is about horrid men who can't commit to a loving relationship - the total opposite to your good self!

love

I understand there are some of these slimy individuals about.

But, surely there must be women like that. I lived with a women for two years (no shock in that ;) ) and the reason it ended was because I felt like a stop gap until something better came along - which of course was near impossible ;) . That's no way to live a life for either party.

Is that the same thing as can't committing ? I dunno!

It's almost too deep for my shallow brain:)

Erm dunno - it might be - the book is more about the patterns in a new relationship where a man will pursue you madly and make all kinds of wild declarations of love and marriage, until you're hooked and start believing it. Then he starts to withdraw cos he gets frightened, so you (well, not YOU but the laydee) get clingy cos you can't understand what's changed and then he disappears and you break your heart wondering what the hell happened there.

Twas the story of my life - til I met Eric. *sigh*

love

No TBH, it wasn't like that.

But I do know somebody similar to that. But I think for him, it is just about having sex when he wants, then bails before as he puts it, "it gets too serious".

Don't you just think that those types of people will just grow old unfulfilled and lonely, sadly, no doubt causing untold upset along the way.

Gosh - I am definitely better at the light and fluffy type of posts. I think I am like an ostrich, with my head in the sand, not fully taking in the games being played around me.

Aww - you are so not an ostrich!
I do feel sorry for those types of people - unless they change, you're right - they will grow old alone and unloved but I think that often they don't like their own behaviour - just don't know how to change it - pretty familiar situation to me! Just on the food front!
love

Isobel1965 said:
Aww - you are so not an ostrich!
I do feel sorry for those types of people - unless they change, you're right - they will grow old alone and unloved but I think that often they don't like their own behaviour - just don't know how to change it - pretty familiar situation to me! Just on the food front!
love

I agree, it is better is pity them and their behavior. It is almost a case of they know not what they do.

For a person to treat another so callously or almost with calculated contempt is very sad indeed. Something bad must have happened to them for them to hold such a low value of the feelings of others.

Enough from me, I'm making myself feel sick with my saintly views, like I've never upset anyone.

Women Who Love Too Much
When You Keep Wishing and Hoping He’ll Change By Robin Norwood.

Wisdom from Gift from the Sea

by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
"ANNE MORROW LINDBERGH wrote Gift from the Sea over

A Year by the Sea: Thoughts of an Unfinished Woman ...by Joan Anderson"The decision to separate
seemed to happen overnight..."

The ROAD LESS TRAVELED Scott Peck

People of The Lie: also by scott Peck

The Different Drum: Community Making

and Peace': also by scott Peck

A Course in Miracles: Combined Volume: Text, Workbook for Students and Manual for Teachers

Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy Sarah Ban Breathnach

Adult Children of Alcoholics (Paperback)
by Janet Woititz
"When is a child not a child?..."

The Language of Letting Go Journal

by Melody Beattie

"Make New Year's goals..."

You Can Heal Your Life Louise L. Hay

Can I just warn anybody planning to read A Course in Miracles.....it is a truly fantastic and life changing book...HOWEVER...it is by no means a quick read! :)

It is a genuine "life book" more of a manual really...I've had my copy for about 10 years and refer to it constantly but have never finished it nor do I want to to be honest!

Funnily enough Mini, I've just lent a friend of mine my copy of Women who Love too Much and she's about half way through and constantly ringing me up to say "gosh, its soooooo true"!!! :D

Another one......

Return to Love - Marianne Williamson (in fact, anything by Marianne Williamson)

Back