a great blender!!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by pbfhpunk, 23 April 2007 Social URL.

1. pbfhpunk

pbfhpunk Full Member

Start Weight:
    236lb
    Current Weight:
    232lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    4lb(1.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and exercise
    I had some slimfast the other day, to try and get used to having shakes and so we went out to buy a blender - went to tesco and got a hand blender for 3.77 it's brilliant, very quick and very easy to clean and totally cheap!!

Helen

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    cor....and I thought my £5 one from Asda was a bargain!!

They are brill, tho , I agree and a godsend to prevent lumpy soups etc!

4. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

It's strange - I bought mine about a year ago and had never used it once ---- now it's the only thing I use! Have said to my family that as long as I have that, a jug, kettle, teaspoons and water I'm sorted for months :)

Cath

5. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    they're great things to have, it's never put away especially now my son is SSing as well...xxx

6. joh117

joh117 Full Member

Diet:
    LL
    Got to agree its the one thing I cant do without. I took it all the way to Sri Lanka with me. There was no way I was putting up with lumpy soups and shakes for a month.

When I couldnt get to a power socket (when travelling in a van) I used the shaker and I found if my hubby shook it then there was way less lumps to contend with and it was not too bad. Unlike when I tried to shake it.

7. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

yeah i'm on my 3rd one from tesco!! They are a great price but don't last very long unfortunately! Esp when you use it 3 times a day every day!

I have put more expensive ones too (prob bought 6 in total over the past 2 years!), and the tescos ones are by far the best!!

8. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    You will probably find slim fast tastes completely different to LL drinks.....!
    I was on slim fast for a while before starting lipotrim and the difference......well slim fast was much nicer ....lol.
    I dont know what LL drinks are like but good luck for your start.

9. pbfhpunk

pbfhpunk Full Member

Start Weight:
    236lb
    Current Weight:
    232lb
    Goal Weight:
    196lb
    Lost(%):
    4lb(1.69%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and exercise
    Thanks for the info, At 3.77 a blender going through a few won't be that bad!

I'm more trying Slimfast just to get used to not having solid food so often rather than the taste, even though they are really nice and I was really surprised, I've heard that LL aren't very nice but maybe by the time I start I'll be glad to have something other than chocolate!!

10. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

I have done LL and am just about to switch to Cambridge - i tried slimfast for a while and the choc shake was puke!! Much prefer the LL ones!! About to find out about cambridge!!

11. Mollyzx

Mollyzx Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I've only just started.. I grant you... ha ha but I just made my first chicken soup and I mixed it into a paste with cold water and then added boiling in a mug and it didn't have any lumps at all.... I must have 'The technique' ha ha ;)

12. harri

harri Full Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    :D hello, this is the first time I have been on a site like this. I start my lighterlife this evening! Not too sure what to make of it all but excited about what i might achieve and how i might change.Any tips or inspirational thoughts would be great!:)

13. Mollyzx

Mollyzx Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    oh.. just realised why I need a blender..... just had a cold vanilla shake and the bits in it put me right off!! The taste was quite nice so I can see the potential but the bits were yucky!! I guess the hotter stuff mixes better but I couldn't get the cold vanilla one mixed properly.. bleaurgh....:cry:

14. PowderedJourney

PowderedJourney Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I bought a cordless blender last year for £30, they now have the exact same one in woolworths for £9.99. (so i bought another one for work!!)
    I defo recommend it cos the lead desn't get in the way when you wash it.
    It's a Morphy Richards GO!, but it is not in the WW catalogue.

15. westhills

westhills I STILL mean it!

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    8st13lb(41.25%)
    In case you are still wondering - Cambridge shakes are delicious - and there are 9 flavours!!!!
    Ann x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.