A Hard but happy day ...

reluctant_whale

Today is the first time I have been out for a full day while in induction. It was SO hard .. I went to Crufts and was surrounded by burgers, nachos, pastries .. need I go on? Worst thing was none of the coffee stalls had any soy milk so I couldn't even have a cuppa. They wouldn't allow you to take food in so my little pack up was confiscated as I went in - so I pretty much lived off 20g of Mr Porky all day. I went from stall to stall asking if they would do me some salad .. the nearest I got was the hog roast stall that could do me meat only, but it was saturated in gravy and stuffing. The "salad" I eventually found was mixed in with pasta and god knows what dressing so I passed ...

I got home hungry with a pounding headache but have just had a lovely green salad with crispy bacon and chicken "heaven"

I think today has really made it so clear how here in the UK we really are not geared up to help us lot! It's made me think I had better not go anywhere else until induction has finished. Not without a days worth of supplies anyway.

Otherwise I had a glorious day meeting dogs of every breed, and have got a rash on my chin from too many doggy kisses (sorry, I am a bit gross ...haha)

Ive attached a photo of my encounter with Alice. My dream dog .. lots of you asked earlier ... didn't want to put it in my diary as it would probably be missed (and I wanted a moan about lack of decent food to buy!!) CRUFTS 11-03-2012 072.jpg

Nice pic. I hear you about the problems when out and about. I smuggle things with me to places, especially the cinema, sticks of salami or a MiM normally. When i'm desperate i stop off at a petrol station and buy pepperami's to munch. When eating lunch i look out for pubs and have a steak, but in events like Crufts it is a bit of a challenge. I'd probably just try to smuggle anyway, and if i got caught claim i have to eat special food for health/medical reasons (true!) and see if i can blag my way out of handing over my precious stash.

Glad you had a nice day anyway, looks like it was great fun.

Back