A hard lesson to learn

debbie12slim

Silver Member
I was 15st + in May last year, started LT in October and have lost 24lb in 5 weeks. Great news. Yesterday I fell off the wagon (well more like a block of flats) I ate chicken for my lunch, pork and tomatoes for my tea and my grandaughter was around for the weekend and ended up eating choc chip fairy cakes in the evening. :cry::mad: Come 10pm I was so ill, vomiting and severe stomache pains, the doctor was called around 3 am who told me it was probably a gall bladder attack (which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy). Come 4 am things had started to settle down and I managed to get some sleep and here I am this morning feeling horrible and ashamed that I slipped.
Anyway the reason for this confession is that I have realised the need to re-feed is so important and at this moment I do not ever want to eat again :D. I had decided that I was going to have xmas dinner and sod the consequences but have now decide to re-feed the week before and then if I am not where I want to be weight wise start again boxing day. I am now refocused and determined to do things properly.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal....we would not be human if we did not slip up every now and then....you sound positive and back on track so well done...xx

Hi Debbie, sorry to hear your feeling so unwell.I did the same lst week and it taught me a gud lesson, but also made me realise that i need to break the eating habits i had before, its a gud lesson to learn and hope you feel abit better now and get back on track x

HELLO

DONT WORRY URE NOW REFOCUSED, SO STICK WITH IT ..I LIKE U WAS GOING 2 JUST EAT XMAS DAY &NEW YEARS DAY,,SO DO U THINK IT WUD BE BETA TO REFEED:character00264::confused::confused:

hiya
i know exactly where your coming from 2wks ago i fell of big style dont ask me why i have know idea what i ate was unbelievable however i have never felt so ill purely because i had stuffed my face with crap the stomach pains i would not wish on my worst enemy
anyway some good has come out of this it has made me realise that i have an eating disorder and i have taken the 1st step to resolving this by seeking counselling.

sorry to go on about myself and i hope you are back on the lt train and focused as i am.

all the best

xxSharron

Sorry to hear about your pains, must have been awful for you. Well done for climbing back on the wagon though. :)

sorry hun to hear what ya went through but we wouldnt be normal if we didnt have little blips now and again. As long as ya are focused and back on track again then ya should be fine. Dont let it get ya down it will only make yourself worse but learn from it and move on. Get focused again and hopefully ya will have a good enough result at the next weighin. I wish ya well and thinking about ya, take care

Bet you won't be doing that again so!! Listen, well done for realising your mistake. As a previous LT'er who is now maintaining well, I have to say I hate reading about people who fall off the wagon, I think its almost like some form of encouragement to others who are finding it difficult. Like "well they have cheated and everyone rallied around them" kind of attitude. Listen I know how difficult TFR is but I really think there should be a separate forum for those who want share their cheating stories, so that eveyone else who is feeling positive and is doing well isn't bombarded with stories of people falling off the wagon big style while everyone else comforts and mollycoddles them. Harsh? Maybe. Honest? Definitely!

I only posted this slip as a warning to others over the xmas dinner, plenty have said they will have their xmas dinner and carry on but after my experience I didn't want anybody else to be as ill as I was and was trying to encourage refeeding prior. I didn't post it for sympathy.

I totally see what you were trying to do Debbie & i for one applaud this...many people will take note hopefully & refeed before tucking into X'mas dinner...hence then have a lovely X'mas & not a painful experiance as yourself have had....hope your feeling better!!! big hugs Caz xx

Glad your feeling better....keep up the good work,your doing fab!!!

Back