A Ketosis query

Arty87

Hello,
I’m sorry if this thread is inappropriate for this forum but can’t seem to get input elsewhere.
I’ve started the Exante diet today and my main concern is staying in Ketosis once I enter it (or getting into it in the first place etc!!)
As Exante is a diet that enters Ketosis on the 600/800 plan which I am doing I hope these are appropriate questions.

Can I chew sugar free gum and still enter and then stay in Ketosis ??
Can I have milk in my coffee and still enter and then stay in Ketosis ? (I read somewhere Coconut milk but I am clueless).
If anyone can offer advice I’d really appreciate it, thanks.

Hi

I did Exante and I was never in ketosis. I still lost 34lb in 10 weeks. I don't think you can get into ketosis as such with Exante cos you are still eating regular meals even tho they are vlc. The replacements have too many carbs overall to get to true ketosis tho. I only ever get into ketosis if I actually fast for 24 hours plus and eat nothing at all. The aim is to eat very low calorie with Exante and then you eventually get used to less food.

Hi

I did Exante and I was never in ketosis. I still lost 34lb in 10 weeks. I don't think you can get into ketosis as such with Exante cos you are still eating regular meals even tho they are vlc. The replacements have too many carbs overall to get to true ketosis tho. I only ever get into ketosis if I actually fast for 24 hours plus and eat nothing at all. The aim is to eat very low calorie with Exante and then you eventually get used to less food.
That’s brilliant, thanks so much for your really helpful reply xxx

Here's a good resource on ketosis on a site run by a doctor and supported by Jason Fung.

Section 7 covers signs that you are in ketosis.

The pee strips only work when you first get into ketosis. Other testing systems are expensive. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/ketosis

Here's a good resource on ketosis on a site run by a doctor and supported by Jason Fung.

Section 7 covers signs that you are in ketosis.

The pee strips only work when you first get into ketosis. Other testing systems are expensive. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/ketosis
Thanks AliGal. I’ve given up on a Ketosis journey. I’m trying more to incorporate this as a healthy lifestyle that’s got a bit of adjustments as I progress. I’m feeling good and already feeling less bloated etc so will see what the scales say on weighday and hope there’s progress xxx

That sounds like a good plan.

Back