1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

A Lesson Learnt but what do I do now?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by bobbedazzler, 27 November 2009 Social URL.

1. bobbedazzler

bobbedazzler Full Member

Hi all

Well yesterday I wasn't very organised, in fact, I wasn't organised at all. I didn't bring any breakfast or lunch to work with me, thinking I'd sort something out when I got here. Well, when I got here the emergency cupboard was bare!!

By lunchtime I was ready to gnaw my own arm off and so when one of the lads said he was going to the sandwich shop, I asked him to get me a chicken sarni and a packet of french fries (4.5 syns I think).

When he came back he'd been to Greggs and got me a mexican chicken ovalbite.... which was fab and lovely but I have no idea how to syn it!

Not long after my sarni and crisps, my colleague came in with mince pies ....... first one of the festive season so I apparently HAD to have it and make a wish whilst eating it! So I did as I was told.

Then last night my neighbour came round with a couple of bottles of vino to celebrate selling her house and buying a new one....... we drank them both between us!!

So basically, yesterday is now, due to poor planning and having no will power, going to be re-named Fat Thursday!!

I am sooo soo annoyed at myself for not being organised and then for just going along with everything instead of thinking about the consequences first! :mad:

Thing is, what do I do now?? This is my first week back at SW and I'm worried I've ruined it already!!! :cry:

Do I take it as a flexi day, draw a line under it and just carry on with my 10-15 syns a day ..... or in order to try and get some sort of loss this week do I attempt to syn what I had yesterday and, knock it off my weekly allowance along with the syns I had the other couple of days then work out what syns I have left a day (if any) for the rest of the week??

Either way, its definitely a lesson learnt and I won't be doing that again!!

Jo x
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I've just been on SW website thinking I could find out the syns for you sarni but it just wasn't there.

Personally I like to know how many syns I've had even if it's lots, like last Friday we went to the pics & I ate half bag of maltesers - 18.5 syns:eek: But at least I knew & just incorporated it into the total syns I have for the week.

Take a think about it, you can either have a flexi (not for me) or syn it up then you know where you are.
  4. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hello! Personally if it was me I would draw a line under it and start afresh today - no point dwelling, it's done now xxx
  5. bobbedazzler

bobbedazzler Full Member

Thanks for looking for me Michelle. I'm thinking I'd like to know really how many I roughly had so at least I can cut back a bit elsewhere.

Any idea how I could syn it??

6. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    When is your weigh in day?

I would personally still have syns each day but limit them to 5-7 maybe. Cutting down too much will just make you feel like you are depriving yourself
  7. bobbedazzler

bobbedazzler Full Member

Weigh Day is Tuesday.

Tomorrow I'm going to my cousins for tea (she's going to cook me something SW friendly bless her) then out for drinkies for my uncles birthday - but I've volunteered to drive to save on synnage!

Not much happening on Sunday (up to now) so should be ok syn-wise then and then we're back to the working week and out of the 'danger zone' (weekends are always a bit dangerous in our house!! lol)!

Then weigh in!!

Hhmmph ........ I'm gonna be very lucky to get a loss this week!

I really could kick myself!

Jo x
  8. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

the mistakes help us grown
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.