A little de-caf coffee mixed in with my choc shake...

J9W

...was lovely and variation on just another chocolate shake.

Does anyone else experiment and have any recommendations?

I've also added a little coffee to the vanilla and that's good too.

I sometimes add coffee to the vanilla and chocolate shakes too. :)

I used to do this when I did the diet in 2008, but forgot about it until reading it in someone elses post earlier and tried it this evening - toasted the flapjack. I know most people seem to say they're horrible, but I like to have something to eat rather than drink sometimes and they're easy to take out with you also. It was much nicer toasted (only for a minute, not as long as you would do toast for). It was nice to have something warm as well, as I don't like the shakes warm and I don't like the soup very often.

I tried the coffee in my vanilla shake this morning and loved it. It was different ! I will try the coffee in the choco shake tomorrow morning now ! Thanks x

I always have coffee in my vanilla shake, and sometimes my choc one, but usually like peppermint tea in my choc one instead, tried all hot hated them, mine have to be ice cold, with lots of whizzed ice in, I also dont mind the peanut flapjack once in a while ( will try it hot now thanks noitulove), dont like the coconut flapjack though or the strawberry shake, but I am one of the rare soup lovers lol, with lots and lots of tabasco in and pipping hot, tried the "porridge" yesterday and didnt think much of that though x
we all get by do doing it our way and with what we like, everything is worth a try to vary it a bit x

I always have coffee in my vanilla shake, and sometimes my choc one, but usually like peppermint tea in my choc one instead, tried all hot hated them, mine have to be ice cold, with lots of whizzed ice in, I also dont mind the peanut flapjack once in a while ( will try it hot now thanks noitulove), dont like the coconut flapjack though or the strawberry shake, but I am one of the rare soup lovers lol, with lots and lots of tabasco in and pipping hot, tried the "porridge" yesterday and didnt think much of that though x
we all get by do doing it our way and with what we like, everything is worth a try to vary it a bit x

are you on the total food replacement diet or the maintenance one? just that we were told you couldn't add anything to any of the shakes or soups etc not even salt and i just see you mentioned adding tabasco and also you tried the porridge? we dont have porridge on our total food replacement we only have the 3 shakes (choc, strawberry and vanilla), the chicken soup and the flapjacks....

Hi Neaady. Good questions. To which I don't know the answers but I hope Bev can elaborate for us newbies.
Will be interesting to find out what the 'porridge' is.

Well, I tried pouring some of my strawberry shake into my de-caf coffee for breakfast...all I can say is, it is v-i-l-e!!:eek:
Worth a try I suppose but I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks Bev, I'm going to try the peppermint tea in the the choc shake, sounds good.

lol there is a recipe thread somewhere, the porridge is half a shake made up thick, warm in micro, then crumble in half a flapjack, so all included on TFR yes, as for the tabasco, well i like things spicy and if you check my losses it has done me no harm and i have it every evening, suppose how worried you are about it affecting you x

and you are allowed coffee and peppermint tea etc, I just add mine in to make my shakes much much more appealing x

Thanks Bev. Not sure the porridge has the same appeal now haha. I will try that next week though if I'm allowed a flap jack - it will be week three. I'm sure it will be more appealing in week three although having said that, I'm not missing food at all right now.

Your weight loss is fab, so Tabasco has done NO harm whatsoever to your weight loss, so that's on my very limited shopping list now. :eek:

te he sorry to get your hopes up re the porridge! xx

ah i was thinking... thought i was missing out on something :giggle:
yea i think i'll give the "porriage" a miss myself also - i tried one of the flapjacks there on saturday for the first time and omg i thought i was going to heve... they were horrible!! :eek: i knew i had to finish it tho cause i had no extra shake to replace it!
re the tabasco, oh i'd just be so afraid of trying anything like that cause they just warned us so much that putting anything extra in our diets might throw us off being in ketosis... obviously its working fine for you tho - fair play to ya, you've lost a serious amount of weight in no time - kinda similar to what i want to loose. in week 3 at minute and have my weigh in on saturday and am actually looking forward to it this week.. its the first week i've actually felt 'normal' :)

yes still happily in ketosis, my breath can be smelt for about 3 miles!

As I treat my shakes as medication (which is it actually is - medication to make me better from being obese) then I don't mess with them. I just have the chocolate ones (only ones I can tolerate) and I down them as fast as I can followed by a large swig of water. I find that sparkling water takes the taste away better than still but I only tend to have sparkling water of an evening at the weekend as my treat (in a wine glass, feels like a glass of wine).

Back