A little food for thought.

I must say I skimmed it for the purpose of replying to your post, but initially thanks, interesting reading

WAIT! I just read some more......she waxes lyrical (not quite sure what that means, but think it makes sense here? Does it?!) about 'diets' not working, and come back in 5 years at the same weight.......well doesnt SW count here? loads of people adopt it as a way of life after using it for a weight loss plan...

Note to self: read before replying. You havent even read it all yet have you Miss Q?

fascinating read A bit like the old book "Fat is a feminist issue" Working for the NHS I have to disagreewith the facts about disease and weight. I see more obese people with cardiac conditions and diabetes than thin people. There are thin people that have been made fatter in the name of film and TV makingas well. You are right Miss Q, SW is about lifestyle changes which can be maintained.
PS Miss Q you have a wicked sense of humour

It has some really good points, like fat people are human beings too and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect but sometimes I wonder if the fat acceptance movement is deluding itself.

I work in the NHS too, and trying to get 80 year old obese people back on their feet again is no easy feat! Especially when they buy stairlifts cos it's too difficult to go up stairs and have electric buggys for outside! It means they do very little walking at all! I am "the magic wand " that gets them going!

I enjoyed that - very interesting. Nice to get a more balanced view, as fat is really becoming demonised these days. Truth is there are thin unhealthy people and fat healthy people and every other type inbetween. I just am getting a little sick of having all the problems of the NHS laid at the door of obesity. There are other issues.

Back