A little food for thought.

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sugar_lipswales, 14 August 2009 Social URL.

1. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Miss Q likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Miss Q

Miss Q Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I must say I skimmed it for the purpose of replying to your post, but initially thanks, interesting reading

4. Miss Q

Miss Q Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(8.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    WAIT! I just read some more......she waxes lyrical (not quite sure what that means, but think it makes sense here? Does it?!) about 'diets' not working, and come back in 5 years at the same weight.......well doesnt SW count here? loads of people adopt it as a way of life after using it for a weight loss plan...

Note to self: read before replying. You havent even read it all yet have you Miss Q?

5. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    fascinating read A bit like the old book "Fat is a feminist issue" Working for the NHS I have to disagreewith the facts about disease and weight. I see more obese people with cardiac conditions and diabetes than thin people. There are thin people that have been made fatter in the name of film and TV makingas well. You are right Miss Q, SW is about lifestyle changes which can be maintained.
    PS Miss Q you have a wicked sense of humour

6. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It has some really good points, like fat people are human beings too and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect but sometimes I wonder if the fat acceptance movement is deluding itself.

7. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Interesting, thank you.

8. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I work in the NHS too, and trying to get 80 year old obese people back on their feet again is no easy feat! Especially when they buy stairlifts cos it's too difficult to go up stairs and have electric buggys for outside! It means they do very little walking at all! I am "the magic wand " that gets them going!

9. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    I enjoyed that - very interesting. Nice to get a more balanced view, as fat is really becoming demonised these days. Truth is there are thin unhealthy people and fat healthy people and every other type inbetween. I just am getting a little sick of having all the problems of the NHS laid at the door of obesity. There are other issues.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.