A little help please.

fatboyslimming

Hi guys,

I got my week 3 weigh in tomorrow but for the last few days I've had a sore tummy and get dizzy every time I stand up. Anyone else have similar issues.

Seems to have started from Saturday when I did a day of WS. Had an omelette but checked next day and was still in ketosis.

Hope I can ride this out but my wife and parents are giving me hassle about sticking with it as I'm feeling pretty ill.

Also going to phone for a docs appointment in the morning to make sure all is well and get the wife to chill out.

Any help would be great.

Are you drinking enough water ?

There is a bit in the leaflet, that says one of the side effects could be an upset tummy, which can be helped by drinking more water, before and after packs.

I used to sometimes feel a tad dizzy, but it didn't last longer than a few mins, and it was only 4 or 5 times. Again, I drank more water...
Has the upset tummy lead you to having the runs ?
It may have dehydrated you.

However, if it is making you soooo unwell, then a trip to the docs is not a bad idea.
:)

Yes most def if you don't feel any better and the symptoms are the same I'd make an appointment with your docotr. Drinking the water will help loads. Hope your better soon xx

I've been drinking 4 to 4 1/2 liters per day so deffo not that.

I've not had the runs either. if anything i think i may be going the other way and might be constipated. would this cause my issues?

Also weighed in today and lost another 6lbs. So managed to get off 32lbs in 3 weeks. Is it possible i could be losing to fast?

Hope your feeling better soon, as the crew says try drinking more and if that doesn't work see the doc cos your family will be concerned for your health., take care

BF

Sorry must have been posting around the same time, didn't see your comment about the water you've been drinking - thats heaps, and 32lb in 3 weeks is a fantastic loss, suppose depends on the amount you need to lose to gauge if that's too much.

BF

I've been drinking 4 to 4 1/2 liters per day so deffo not that.

I've not had the runs either. if anything i think i may be going the other way and might be constipated. would this cause my issues?

Also weighed in today and lost another 6lbs. So managed to get off 32lbs in 3 weeks. Is it possible i could be losing to fast?

Wow !!!
That is a lot in 3 weeks :eek:
Although, I dont know if its too fast.
I would deffo go to your docs and see what he says.
I think I would also email Exante, and ask if that amount of weight loss in the time is too fast.

Maybe WS for a bit might be an option for you, to see if that helps. Or even an extra pack ?

32lb is alot but probably not outside of feasibility. They say 10lb week one then 4lb a week as a guide so that would be 18lb over three weeks.

You're a guy so probably lots of guys would go 14lb w1 then 6lb a week maybe so 26lb so you're onbly 6 over that.

Why woudl you be more than that? Three reason's I can think of:-
1. Original weight - if you have higher weight then I would think that the first week's loss coudl be higher
2. You're drinking at the top end of the range and everyone says the more you drink the more you lose so that probably helps
3. If you started off with a very high water retention (eating lots of salty foods/ not drinking much water might do it) and drank that much then you would have extra water retention to come out.

So I suspect that you're at the very high end because of your start point, although we don't know what that was. Definitely check with Exante though and see what they say - theyt will have some stats to know if that falls within their experience or not

cheers
P

Thanks for the advice guys.

My start weight was 19 stone and now done to 16st 10lbs.

I'm going to see the doc but fear he going to tell me to stop. oh well i suppose i'll just have to wait and see.

Also thinking about it I'm maybe overdoing the exercise. I've been walking for 20 mins in the morning, 45 mins at lunch then doing 80 sit ups and 30 press ups in the evening. plus 1 game of 5 a-side football per week which i take it easy for but still do enough to work up a sweat.

think i'm just going to take it easy for a few days and maybe add a meal and see how i feel come the weekend.

I would say that the amount of exercise you are doing is a big factor.
At a guess, you are maybe exercising for 80/90 mins a day ?
I am currently exercising about 50/60 mins a day. But I have been adding in some protein - a small tin of tuna or a small tin of salmon, or some olives and cheese. If I didn't have this, then I would have another pack.
Let us know how you get on at the docs

Seen the doc today and got all clear. She thinks I've got acid build up and thats what's causing the pain in my stomach. She gave me meds for it if I feel pain but I'll probably avoid taking them incase it takes me out of ketosis.

Joining the gym tomorrow so I can go swimming before work next week as I'm on backshift so have spare time in the morning.

Seen the doc today and got all clear. She thinks I've got acid build up and thats what's causing the pain in my stomach. She gave me meds for it if I feel pain but I'll probably avoid taking them incase it takes me out of ketosis.

Joining the gym tomorrow so I can go swimming before work next week as I'm on backshift so have spare time in the morning.

I am on Ranitadine for heartburn / stomache acid.
I know it may not be the same as what you are feeling....
But I feel that splitting the packs help get rid of the heart burn, as I am not waiting soooo long between packs for something to be in my stomache.
It works for me.

Id be careful with the exercise, remember youre only taking in 600 cals a day. It might be an idea to cut back and if not then to move to WS for a bit. Im not sure so much is wise on TS

Just wondering something else - on Cambridge the advice was four packs in some cases - yet exante only say three no matter what
I know the calories in exante are slightly higher than Cambridge but wonder if this, coupled with the amount of exercise was a factor
Maybe email exante helpline to clarify
Andrea x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back