A Little Help??

FlamingNora

Hello people :)

I've been on SW since Feb and have lost stone and a half so far, starting at 13st 7lb. I'm now at 12st and I'm wanting to get to my ideal weight of 10st 7ish. I've been relatively steady with my weight loss usually losing a pound or so a week. The past month or so I've been struggling, staying the same on and of,losing a pound and then staying the same for ages. I upped my exercise about 3 weeks ago so that I was exercising for at least half an hour to an hour every day and lost 2lbs and got to 12stone and my club 10. I thought that was it and was so pleased and looking forward to saying goodbye to 12stone this week. I continued eating and exercising in exactly the same way this week but when I weighed in on Monday Id gained 2lb:( with no explanation.
I've been really upset about it as its going to take me ages to get under 12 now and I've been trying so hard, 100% on plan every day. I usually have only a few syns in the week so that I know there are some for the weekend so if I do have a takeaway I know I can have one but I always syn my food and NEVER go over 15 syns. I'm so confused as to why I gained this week, if I'd eaten badly I'd understand and move on but I watched everything all week, plenty of superfrees, healthy extra a and bs, exercising etc. I'm starting to doubt extra easy which has worked so well for me so far...

Can anybody offer me any advice?? I'd be really happy to have any comments :)
Thanks for reading!! Xxx

Unexplained gains happen to everyone at some time or another. Don't doubt something which has worked for months just on account of one week. Keep at it - you have done brilliantly and you CAN continue if you just ignore this blip and keep going

Have you got your food diary from when you first started? Maybe going back to eating how you did then will help. I've kept mine for that exact reason!

Hi Flaming Nora.

Welcome to SW and this forum!I find that when I have a week doing exercise I loose the least as everyone says, "muscles weigh more" so try a week without doing any, also make your own takeaways, there are lots of recipes out there and they taste better....

The other week I did a week where curries were one meal a day and lost 1.5lbs!

Always do the weekly diary so that your consultant can see if you are doing anything wrong, if every thing else fails then you may be a person who only looses a small amount per week, we have members in our group who are like that, but that's life, at least you are loosing it.

Keep the good work up and good luck!
Pete

I feel yours in! I have about the same ad you to lose since feb on green days lost nothing. Sometimes our bodies just seem to want to hang on to it or no reason. I know it's hard ut be happy that you are sticking o the plan. That's the main thing. I am now changing to red days to give my metabolism a shake up.n

Thanks for your comments everyone :)

I weighed in this morning at 11st 13lbs. I felt lighter when I woke up! Lol. So I will keep on keeping on :) considering changing my weigh in day from a Monday to a Friday as it always seems to be a day when I feel the benefits of food optimising all week the most :)
Best of luck to everyone else! Xxx

You could also try 'shaking things up' a bit by trying red or green days for a week. Just to see if it makes a difference. :)

ps, you can also see from my sig I had 2 months where I lost hardly anything over 2 months (2.5lb total over april and may) but things finally got moving again this month! Stick with it :)

Try changing your healthy extras eating lots of FF and SS foods, also if your not eating all your syns and doing lots of exercise that might not help your weight loss, try having at least ten a day and not having takeaway or what ever per the weekend :)

Our consultant gave out Success Express leaflets to people who needed a boost last week,and this week every person who'd stuck to it had lost 2lbs -some even more. There's a thread on here with all the details. I also read something about a 777 week which is 7 syns, 7 superfree foods and 7 glasses of water a day.

Well done for getting under 12!!! That's great news. Just wondering whether the last week or so has been hormonal (assuming you are a woman - ha ha). My hormones screw my weight up quite a bit. I hope you are on a clean run again now and that your weight continues to come off xx

Thanks for all your comments,

Had a bit of a mental blip on Monday but well and truly back on the SW wagon now :) will check out the Success Express thread. I've gone without takeaways for a good few weeks. I think it came across that I had them every weekend without fail but I'd rather lose the weight now :) Officially a size 12 now and want some size ten jeans!! I thought the concept of that was impossible when I first started in Feb :) Looking forward to reaching target and maintaining!! Thanks for all your help everyone :) Xxx

Oh and Sophieann I am not hormonal just yet, got that to look forward to soon though! Usually a stay the same but Ill try to power through :) I'll buy new clothes instead of chocolate! Xxx

Back