A little motivation for you...

Cookeh

Recovering Cookie Addict
O. M. G.
Right - it's back on the exercise bike.

Jon
xx

haha Jon, you're so funny! I must admit it shocked me to the core, I've lost over half that table's worth so far o_O How on earth do we carry it around with us?

wow .. you just dont realise how much it is till you see it like that !! I cannot believe I have lost over half of that lots ... would love to try and carry what I have lost round with me in a bag for a day ... surprised to didnt fall over !!!

That is truly shocking, I feel ashamed of myself right now, thank you so much for posting, moments like this really help me to keep on track.

I have to say the 1lb pic had more of an effect than the 100lb one for me. The 100lb of fat is too much to take in, it seemed not real iykwim?
But the 1lb looked gross, maybe it was because someone was holding it, i don't know. Brilliant post though for those who only lose a 1lb(that would be me this week!) and want to feel better about it!

Glad this post is helping so many of you to renew your motivation. I think half the problem with losing weight is we really don't have any idea what that fat that's weighing us down actually looks like because it's conveniently tucked away under our skin, sometimes deep inside our bodies, around our heart and other organs, causing us health problems. When you see it here (and that's a true to life replica by the way) it really hits home. Perhaps if they showed this more often on tv in anti obesity educational programmes, and in schools, it would have more of an impact?

wowzers!!

when i lost 50 pounds i bought 50 packs of tescos value lard and kept them in my fridge. this helped me loads in the early days if i felt tempted i would open the fridge and see the 50 packs of lard, yuck!!

i kept the 50 packs on the bottom shelf (fat i needed to lose) on the middle shelf I put my goal for the week (3-4 packs of lard) and on the top shelf I put the fat I had lost. It was a great feeling having all the packets of lard on the top shelf. I didnt throw them out for ages!!!

Whrn you can actually see how mcuh fat you have lost it is amazing.

wow that is incredible thankyou so much for the post,, having the right perspective on weight is what I have been trying to wrap my head around, that helps so much thank you
Anna x

when i lost 50 pounds i bought 50 packs of tescos value lard and kept them in my fridge.

Wow, that must have taken up a lot of room but I can see how having a visual representation of your goal would definitely help! I have been known on occasion to fill baskets with bags of sugar and then try to pick them up but I've not done that so far. Considering this is the most weight I've ever lost however perhaps I should, although I think maybe I might pull a muscle!! lol

Regarding the photos though, I have to say, how does it all fit inside us? o_O Makes me more determined to lose the excess, that's for sure!

Fantastic post Cookeh,

I have lost the first picture plus, x6 of the second! I only hope I never 'find' them again!

Thanks so much for sharing

Clair x

wowzers!!

when i lost 50 pounds i bought 50 packs of tescos value lard and kept them in my fridge. this helped me loads in the early days if i felt tempted i would open the fridge and see the 50 packs of lard, yuck!!

i kept the 50 packs on the bottom shelf (fat i needed to lose) on the middle shelf I put my goal for the week (3-4 packs of lard) and on the top shelf I put the fat I had lost. It was a great feeling having all the packets of lard on the top shelf. I didnt throw them out for ages!!!

Whrn you can actually see how mcuh fat you have lost it is amazing.

LOL! That's so cool! I guess once your fridge was full of lard there was no rom left for beer, cakes or pies either! ;)

Good tactics Jules! :flirt2:

If that's not inspiration than I don't know what is!! I'm keeping that photo on my computer for reference when I have another hard day.

No wonder my knee hurts!!

Awesome post, really puts things into perspective! One of those blobs of fat is definitely better off than on, those 1lb losses seem so much bigger after looking at that pic!

Hehe, yeah, it definitely helps to have that gross mental image of all those 1lb lumps of fat in the front of your mind, makes you think twice when you feel like cheating ~.^

Clair - I had a feeling it would hit home for those who either have 100lbs+ to lose or who had already lost that much weight, glad it's doing wonders for everyone, makes me see my body in a whole new light now.

wow..thanks for that ....after years of yo yo dieting I had dismissed a 1lb loss as a disappointment....now I will look on every pound loss as a step in the right direction

just wanted to let you know that the pictures inspired me to exercise yesterday, straight after seeing them, 40 mins with Davina, that'll show them fat blobs whose boss x

Oh my good God! I've lost that table's worth and 47 more hand ones! Jeysus!

Is it any bloody wonder my joints were in agony! I was a disgusting mess.

Thanks for that cookie, that's my new screen saver on my phone!

God, where the hell was it all in my body?

Back