Diary of a Yummy Mummy (I WILL BE A YUMMY MUMMY)

yummum2be

Well here it is....my diary about my journey to becoming a yummy mummy :family2:

The 'Diet' starts in T-1 days (hopefully) once my delivery of Slim & Save arrives. To be fair the only way to describe me at the moment is like a young child waiting for Santa to come!! I feel sooo excited and raring to start!! I never in a million years thought that I would feel this way about doing a VLCD, especially having openly declared to friends and family on many occasions that "I would never try a VLCD as people just put the weight staight back on when they stop!" :ashamed0005:

One of my best friends embarked on Lighter Life a couple of years back and did amazingly but only reinforced my theory about weight gain when she did put weight back on, but more through meeting her partner, getting comfortable and falling back in to old eating habits rather than just eating healthily and exercising to maintain the weight loss. She is now back on plan and doing a great job again :clap: and once her losses started coming thick and fast I have to admit that I did start to feel quite jealous. Our aim is the same - to lose weight in time for another best friends wedding at the end of May, to avoid being 'the fat one' in the photos!!

My main reason for choosing a VLCD though is that I am sick and tired of giving each type of diet a go and giving up after a fews weeks due to not losing any or very little weight and wasting my money and time!! I have lost count of the amount of times i've tried Slimming World but for some reason i follow the diet to the letter and seem to lose and gain the same 2 lbs for weeks on end!!

I think i summed it up to my husband yesterday after visiting a website called www.weightmirror.com to generate a computer generated before and after photo of me at the weight I am at the mo (13 stone) and the weight I want to be (10 stone). I think I have the opposite problem to that of anorexics, when I get ready for a night out/special occasion and look in the mirror the reflection staring back at me (in my eyes) looks like my after photo (thin) but when photos are taken and I see them I hit a massive low point as I realise that I didnt look all that good and see the 'real me' in the photos :cry:I am determined now to turn mysef in to the image in the after picture!! I WILL BE A YUMMY MUMMY!! (not that i look very yummy in this picture!! lol!!)

Some people might think "what are you complaining about? 13 stone isn't that bad" especially if their goal weight is 13 stone and I agree to some extent as most of my family are larger than me and their goal weights are probably around the 13 stone mark. But for me I was always slight growing up and even into my late teens 18/19 I was 10 stone and it was only when I started working in a call centre sitting on my backside most of the time that the weight piled on. I dream of getting my 10 stone body back and feeling happy with myself again ( I ever had any body issues at this weight and was completely happy with myself) I'd love to get this feeling of self confidence and belief back, not only for my own sake to be happy, but to set an example to my children and to be a fun, happy mum.

On the mum front, I feel that I spend a lot of my time unhappy, snappy and grumpy and feel that most of this is down to my weight. I don't join in with fun games like running around the park or playing football in the garden as alot of time i'm too preoccupied with feeling down about my weight. If i can finally shift this weight I know that I will be alot happier, a better wife and a better, more fun mummy.

So roll on my delivery tomorrow!! I can't wait to get started!!

Watch this space.....I WILL BE A YUMMY MUMMY!! :-D

Yummy Mummy wishing you all the best on vlcd journey on Slim & Save. I switched from Cambridge and I really like products. First few days can either be really easy or really difficult! I hope very much it is the former for you and not the latter! Lots of great diaries on here alas I am not one of the ones to follow for inspiration as I am always work in progress but I keep trying to chip away at my biggest issue of over eating.

Good luck, I really enjoy S&S as a diet plan, it takes some determination but the results are more than worth it! xx

Thanks girls!! I'm really looking forward to it now :) as strange as that sounds x

Back