A little of what you fancy, right?

xMandyDx

Determination is Key
So hubby was out tonight. He's just come home a half hour ago with a chippy.

I nearly cried when he walked in the door and the smell hit me.
"What do you HAVE?!" I demanded.
He held the brown paper bag out to me in supplication. "Bought you fish..." he told me quietly.
"Yayyyy!" I replied and proceeded to peel all the batter off the fillet of cod. And it was delish.
But...
The smell of the batter was tormenting me, teasing me. I checked my bible to see how many syns were in battered, deep fried cod, and it was 2.5 syns per 28g.
So I continued hollowing out the batter and ate all the fish, keeping a couple of especially crispy bits of batter, and promising myself 2.5syns worth.
Two little bites I took, and put it down.
"I don't even want that," I said. It tasted just like grease. Yuck.

But I did allow myself 3 chips and one small bite of sausage. I had 7 syns left anyway. I reckon I used them well lol

I did a similar thing , I went to our chippie & got him to do me a kebab with well cooked meat and lots of salad, no chips, took it home for both of us. the chip paper was almost grease free but after a few mouthfuls the desire to enjoy had gone & I wondered if it was the slight grease that did that, learnt another lesson!

well done that was very restrained, lol I'm jealous of your self control.

good that your tastebuds have changed and you don't find it palatable anymore, makes the SW journey much easier doesn't it xx

Well done! Love the self control and very nice of your hubby to bring you something home he thought you could have xoxo

Well done you :) I really don't think I could stomach greasy food now either . My hubby & eldest son had a chippy tea last night and I didnt even fancy it . I made myself some cous cous and roasted veg much nicer :)

I didnt realise you could have the battered cod without the batter..O_O shows how well I studied my book on the fast food right.. The only batter on the fish I like is the tail end, if I do well in my w.i today im deffo treating myself to some cod *without the batter :D

I had a chippy tea after weigh in last week... have to admit it tasted quite nice whilst I was eating it.. but about an hour or so later I felt so ill! Stomach ache and headaches it was horrible.
Just goes to show your palate does change, and just what exactly greasy/fried food does to your insides!

well done but I could never turn down a chippie!

Oh I didn't turn it down. I had just enough. The fish pretty much filled me up, and then I had to take a bite of a sausage cos I'm a sausage fiend haha, and a few chips, cos they came from the best chippy. But at the same time I didn't want to ruin my hard work so I kept to within my syns.

I had a chippy tea after weigh in. I guess I felt sod it after gaining a lb. Rubbish frame of mind I know. I did get bored though and left a lot of the chips. I did devour a large battered sausage though. Ah well. I won't be that again though, not for a good while anyhow. To be honest though that was my first first chippy tea in a month, pre SW it was twice a week at least so I'm not gonna beat myself up. You know what, the thought it of tasted so much better than it actually was too.

Well done you :) give the choice *usually* I'd much prefer something fresh healthy and colourful- I know it sounds daft but fresh veg, fruit etc looks much more attractive to me than beige chips, beige batter etc.

Having said that, I work very long shifts and DH doesn't cook and its the ease/convenience that gets the better of me

Back