A lot to lose and looking for support and advice.

Hiya! I think Slimming World would be great for you, there is just so much variety, and going to the meetings keeps you on track & accountable for your weight. You'll never be depriving yourself & you can enjoy food with your partner while losing, just in a new and healthy way. :)

hi ames
you have took the first step and come on here so well done to you its your chose in the end love wot you do but good luck in wotever you do
you will get loads off support from people on here and there so friendly xxxxxxxx

I hope you can find the one that works for you, at the end of the day all bodies are different and all we want is something that works!!!

I would like to lose weight as I feel sometimes its the only thing stopping my OH from proposing, I know it sounds stupid but once its stuck in my head it stays there, which in a way is a good motivation lol!

I'm here looking for support and advice as well so I would suggest slimming world I did do well on it and it was easy to follow and you can still eat normal foods. even though I came off it years ago I still cook the same way. I am thinking about joining back up again. Its the cost etc that puts me off.

Hi all,
thank you so much for your kind messages, I've been doing a bit of research and there is a slimming world club 10mins walk away from my house, and if I join before 27th July I will get the first week free, so will just have to pay the £10 reg fee thingy which seems rather good. I think I do need the support of a class and the pressure of someone else putting me on the scales. They do these countdown packages, 6wks and 12wks. I think if I invest in a 6 week one after my first week it will help keep me on track. Silly as it sounds I'm much more likely to go if I've paid out money already, otherwise I tend to make excuses and stay at home.

Also if I try it for 7 weeks and its really not working I can try something else, but at least I'm being productive, I rather like the idea of all the home cooking as well, they seem to do a lot of books and things I can follow.

ame
i agree if you pay in advance you will go and like you said if its not for you then you can try something else i would go for it x x x

Back