A major, major break through.

fillymum

synful soul
It really is a major break through.

As you may know I have struggled with SW for a month or so now and am quite distressed by the weight I have re-gained and feel like man mountain, though strangely enough on the way down felt like twiggy at this weight.

My darling Paul commented on the fact that my *bum did look big in this * silly boy for being honest lol !!!

I rounded on him and said "it's ok. for you, you still eat what you want. It is so hard for me cooking for you and doing SW for me" He amazed me by saying he wants to do SW with me as he wants to lose his tum...........he is quite slim otherwise.

That is such an inspiration for me. It will put me right back on track and I will enjoy cooking meals for him that will have him asking for more !!!

BACK ON TRACK BIG TIME !! HURRAH !!!

Wow that's fab Sue! Sounds like you've had a much needed boost there and it all came about my a somewhat 'naughty' comment. Shows that blessings come in strange disguises sometimes! It'll be sooo much easier and less stressful - go you!

Awww, thats ace. Will he be joining us here too? I think Steve could do with the moral support!!!

No , he is far to shy fr that but I will keep you all informed of his take on SW.

I know he will love it.

I feel quite excited about him being involved..........

How interesting that this has re-motivated you - working together should definitely help keep you on plan!
My hubby has recently said he wants to do SW too but doesn't want to have to read anything or find out about the plan, he just wants me to make him a weekly menu planner and wave my wand. Grrr. He eats meat so I'll have to properly research EE and Red, I only ever do green. I've got time for all that obviously! (and breathe ..)

How interesting that this has re-motivated you - working together should definitely help keep you on plan!
My hubby has recently said he wants to do SW too but doesn't want to have to read anything or find out about the plan, he just wants me to make him a weekly menu planner and wave my wand. Grrr. He eats meat so I'll have to properly research EE and Red, I only ever do green. I've got time for all that obviously! (and breathe ..)

My problem is similar to that of yours but thankgoodness he eats quorn so we should be o.k.

My OH eats quorn (but without know it!):D

He really likes his "meat and 2 veg" really but doesn't seem to realise that we often have quorn without him knowing!!!

Denise

This sounds exactly like my OH - he wants to lose it, but doesn't care how it works or why! However, he will eat pretty much any SW dish I put in front of him so it does make it so much easier! We have been on hols this week, back just for tonight and are away again for the weekend and then back to it all again properly next week. I'm looking forward to doing my meal planner for the week on Sunday in the car on the way home - and can send OH to asda with a list on Monday while I go back to work!

Well done Sue on finding your mojo again, sounds fab xxx

We will see how he reacts to quorn chicken fillets cooked in a home made tarragon and tomato sauce with tiny new potatoes ( no butter) cauliflower and broccoli followed by a fresh fruit salad.

I am making a Spanish omelet for lunch he can have bread with it as an HEXb. The hard bit will be hiding the biscuits, think I will give what is left of them to the goat.

He will not eat yogurt and I love it.

I am being a bit indulgent posting here again.

The chicken in tomato sauce has evolved a bit and has roasted peppers and onions and fresh asparagus added to it.

DH has nipped home for lunch, has tried the sauce and proclaimed it "delicious".

RESULT!!!!!!

Sounds lovely! I must get some more asparagus before the season ends. I absolutely love it!
We are growing it but could only have a few spears this year, it's all fair game next year, can't wait!!!

You indulge away Sue :)

hmmm Sue i think that i might move in with you, not only will i get yummy food but i get to look after a couple of horses. that sounds like bliss to me.
cant wait for my boys to be older so that i can get back doing something horse wise. really miss it.

So far so good.

For work today I took chicken salad and fruit . An enormous change for Paul as he usually has a great stack of sandwiches and a packet of biscuits.

He would like to have cornflakes for breakfast but I have lent all my books to a friend so can not remember how many grams he can have.......help appreciated !!

So far so good.

For work today I took chicken salad and fruit . An enormous change for Paul as he usually has a great stack of sandwiches and a packet of biscuits.

He would like to have cornflakes for breakfast but I have lent all my books to a friend so can not remember how many grams he can have.......help appreciated !!

They aren't a healthy extra - only Sainsbury's high fibre corn flakes are listed (28g, but guessing you won't be able to get them?)
5.5 syns per 28g otherwise.

Another successful day on SW with Paul. I am thrilled he is enjoying it so much and is being so good. He has adapted so well.

I can not believe how much easier it is to stay on plan and it is so much more enjoyable sharing it with him.

For once I am looking forward to WI on Friday.

Green day tomorrow with quorn mince spaghetti bolognaise.

First WI today since my restart...........

I have lost a MASSIVE 4lbs hurrah !!!!!!!

I have another 4 to lose to get back to where I was. What a silly person I was.

Paul will not get weighed, didnt' get weighed when we started. He has lost weight though. His tum is smaller and his trousers fit more comfortably. He has been really good and stuck to plan .

You were NOT silly, you were stressed and busy and had every reason to slip off plan.

But well done you both!!!!! I dont blame Paul for not weighing - he will be able to tell the difference without it. As your wise old mother once said "theres more than one way to skin a cat!!"

Another break through has been that tonight Paul admitted that SW chips are so much nicer than conventional ones.

I do believe we are getting there Hallelujah.

Back