A million reasons to do this .....

jenboo

Hi Everyone

I guess I am using this as a bit of a personal journey log and motivation, it would be great to have some company on the way !

I am on day 2 of exante total solution and finding it fine...feeling very motivated...for now.

I previously did the Cambridge weight plan...however 8 weeks in I was struck with appendicitis and had to stop due to surgery. Since then (3 years ago) I have piled on so much weight.

I currently weigh 18 stone 13 ...I can't quite believe I am writing that. I have found it so difficult to address my weight and have figured that taking food out of the equation for now is the only way forward.

I was thinking about all the reasons I have put off losing weight in the past....and then measured them against all the reasons that I need to and obviously they won.

I would like to lose weight to be healthy...I am getting older (32 this year) and am worried about my heart, blood pressure and the risk of diabetes. I have a 9 year old and would hate for anything to leave him without a mum.

I would like to be able to exercise without nearly dying....it would be nice to run upstairs to the loo without being out of breath

I would like to feel confident...unfortunately I spend every day hating how I look..I cannot dress in the style I would like as I have to cover up in dark drapes (not literally but that's how it feels)...I would like to walk into a room of people at work and be able to make eye contact and smile, whereas now I feel that low about my image that I look to the floor in the hope that I will not be noticed as the fatty in the room!

I would like to wear girly clothes...dresses...sleeveless tops in summer...dare I even dream but I would like to wear shorts !

I would like to feel attractive...for my other half to be proud of me when we were are out and him to find me attractive (he loves me how I am but this is iow I feel). I would like to have confidence in the bedroom department!

I would like to shop in high Street shops...this is something I have never done ! I wonder what it is like!

I would like to wear heels...this may sound silly but as a larger girl heels are my enemy...they hurt because of the weight I am carrying and they make my legs look massive !

These are only a few of the reasons why I am taking action...I want my life...I want to live it and my weight is holding me back...both mentally and physically.

What are other people's reasons for doing exante...how are ypu finding it...does anybody want to join me in logging our progress and hopefully becoming inspirations to others ?

X J X

Hello - that's a great list of incentives to help focus you ! I have just completed a week on Exante and I'm so pleased I have pushed past all the thoughts about why I shouldn't be doing it. I'm doing it because I barely recognise myself in the mirror and I want to be able to look and say to myself that I look ok . Best of luck for the next few days...........

Thank you cakeordeath (love the name) ...well done on completing your first week! How was it ? Have you had a loss ? I completely agree with you on the wanting to look in the mirror and feeling like I look OK! Fingers crossed for both of us for the coming weeks ! X

Hello ! Yes 6lbs off this week ......I have done Slim and Save VLCD twice before so I am familiar with the process. I'm definitely in ketosis today so no hunger which is fabulous and I had forgotten how great it is to not be obsessing about the next meal.

You sound really clear about what you want for yourself which is so great and should really help you .........I just know that I can't deal with the extra stress of being overweight so I need to do this.......x

We can do it ! 6lbs is great ! ...I always start off really motivated then the stress of life hits me and I comfort eat ! I was hoping posting on something like this would help me to vent I usually just creep in the background and read everyone else's posts ! X

Hello, that's a good list...I can relate! You seem really determined....I'm sure you'll do it! I lost 5 stone 7 years ago on another VLCD and I've used Exante for 6 weeks or so, on and off, over the last few years.
It really is a case of mind over matter and focusing on the end goal. I just take each day at a time. Some days are hard going, but I feel far more positive this time. I'm on day 6...so far, so good. Keep up the fabulous work...as soon as you notice a loss, you'll totally be in the zone. From past experience, it gets easier after the first 2 weeks.
After 12 weeks of Exante, I'm going to follow the 5:2 plan - combined with counselling to finally try to sort out my relationship with food and to keep the weight off for good xx

Hi thanks for your reply ! The counselling sounds a good plan it does worry me a little what will happen when i reintroduce food as my relationship with food is shocking ! I use it for stress...fatigue...depression...happy....any emotion I eat!

Good for you getting to day 6 ! A 5stone loss is fab !I hope I lose that! X

Cheers, the days are starting to pass much faster now! Aw, I know, I'm the same....classic emotional eater. It's funny though, I've been nil by mouth for nearly a week and I've managed to control my mood swings without food!
Just think, in 10 weeks or so, we'll almost be half way to losing 5 stone. Woo-hoo!! xx

Hello, that's a good list...I can relate! You seem really determined....I'm sure you'll do it! I lost 5 stone 7 years ago on another VLCD and I've used Exante for 6 weeks or so, on and off, over the last few years.
It really is a case of mind over matter and focusing on the end goal. I just take each day at a time. Some days are hard going, but I feel far more positive this time. I'm on day 6...so far, so good. Keep up the fabulous work...as soon as you notice a loss, you'll totally be in the zone. From past experience, it gets easier after the first 2 weeks.
After 12 weeks of Exante, I'm going to follow the 5:2 plan - combined with counselling to finally try to sort out my relationship with food and to keep the weight off for good xx

Hello.....I absolutely agree about the counselling and think it's a brilliant idea- we overeat for a reason and sometimes it's not obvious or straightforward.

Hello and welcome Jenboo, I am in my 5th week of shakes and bars and so far have lost 25lb, with about another 120lb to go. Im 53 and since I was about 25 have either been dieting or continually eating. I have lost vast amounts of weigh and always gained it back. This is my first time on this sort of diet and apart from a few hunger pangs am finding it fairly easy. I think it may be to late at my age but I think I need counselling regarding food. When Im in diet mode I can go months and months of following said diet, previously always been slimming world. Then bang Iam back to eating huge amounts of all the wrong food. I never know what triggers the return to eating. Im happily married, have a nice job and good friends so I cannot blame it on unhappiness or stress,
Any way onwards and down the scalewards. Fingers crossed I can make it to the finish line and stay there. Good Luck to everyone, hope you all stay motivated and have good results.

Sorry to but in to your conversation...i just put my first order in for this exante meal replacements and I was a little confused as to what to order so I just got bars meals and soups ....i know this sounds silly but if I just eat 3 meal replacements a day will I go into ketosis? And is that the way exante works ...just choose what one I want to have 3 times a day or do u have to take the shakes also...sorry for all the questions

Hello Christina, Im certainly no expert but the way I understand it, you can have 3 items a day out of either meal replacement, bar or shake in any combination. They advise to drink lots of water, black tea or coffee and I think you have to be careful which diet drinks you have, as the ones containing citric acid are bad for ketosis. Hope this is helps and is correct.

Hi all

I have been trying to keep busy this evening as I cooked a lamb dinner for everyone and it made me feel hungry. I have cleaned the house twice painted my nails and self tanned and an no longer craving !
Laurie it is never too late ! Knowing you have lost so much in 5 weeks has inspired me further to stick to this!

Christina it's my understanding that any 3 products will have the desired affects/effects never know which to use

My ketosticks arrived today so I will dip my urine on Sunday to see if ketosis has set in by then !

I have been Googling a lot today (as you do looking for the answers in life ) and have come across some really positive success stories....as lot of people are saying how much more confident they are feeling which is fab!

Keep going everyone! ....bring on day 3 x

Well I have been on the understanding I was on lipotrim but turns out the chemist are idiots and I am on the maintenance formula...i emailed lipotrim nd asked them if it was the same result and all they wanted to know was what pharmacy I went to and not have me any answers until I replied that I wanted answers not to tell you where I went...i did receive another email saying yes u will loose weight... ( been having 600 calories a day since momday) and going to gym 4 days a week. so I have decided to get exante..i am still just having 3 shakes I got from chemist until my new stuff arrives...i wouldn't go into ketosis with what I am on either.

And just keep in mind the end result..
I nearly died when I seen I was 15 stone ...and if I can go 5 days with no food working in a kitchen for those days with food all around me I'm sure everyone here can do it nd we all be stones lighter in a few months.

Good luck to everyone xx

Hello.....I absolutely agree about the counselling and think it's a brilliant idea- we overeat for a reason and sometimes it's not obvious or straightforward.

Hiya cakeordeath.....yeah, definitely. I've lost and gained too many times. Something needs to be fixed in my head, so counselling will hopefully root out the issue. I just want to live a simple life without constant weight issues....it's soul destroying! This part of Exante is so hard, but maintaining is even harder for me.

Well done, jenboo! It takes a massive amount of willpower to cook for other people. I think I'm in the keto zone now.....my breath is even offending the cat haha. I had forgotten about that from the last time. The joys! Hope day 3 is a breeze for you. I check out the success stories too....some of the transformation are amazing. That'll be us one day soon!

Good luck to you too, Christine......and to everyone else. Hope the weekend is an easy one! xx

Day 5 ! The weekend is over...I won't lie I ate some chicken and berated myself for the whole day so won't be doing that again! Not feeling hungry more struggling wih the habit of eating but I guess that will pass? Hope everyone doing good and soldiering on ! X J X

I'm still waiting on delivery but tracking says it's on the way...i went to asda and got some replacement bars to keep me going and I have just been eating really healthy ..
Good luck x

Back