A month to go before the op.

Peni

Well first of all i would like to introduce myself. My name is Penny, im 18yrs and live in cornwall. All my life i have had trouble with my weight and it seems to double over a peirod of 2 years yet i dont eat any different or change what im doing.
My mother first of all had the gastric bypass surgery through the Nhs and then got me reffeered.
After two years being on weight loss pills, programmes and seeing a phsycaritrist. I was finally allowed the gastric bypass surgery in Taunton through the Nhs , i recieved a phone call just after my 18th birthday.
The shock hit me, i was relieved and im worried at the same time. So far i will be the youngest person in cornwall to have it and the thought whether its a good idea keeps running in my head and ive become so stressed as ive had to write of absence letters for work and college and sort out assignment work all the little irritating bits i got to do before i go for my operation.
The closer my operation gets (10th Novemeber) the more worried i become, i cant say my friends and family or even my college is being very surportive at the moment, If anything my teachers think im crazy.
Im currently weighing 21stone 11lb my ideal weight would be 12/12 1.2 stone. And well, im really here for abit of surport everyone is worried because im young, but this operation will only change my life for the better and not for the worst so surely i dont have that much to worry about and im over exagorating?
It also worries me about going into theatre as ive never had to be in hospital before in my life.

good luck chick

Back