• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

A new approach

jools1986

Silver Member
I was tempted to switch over to go lower but they charge stupid money for food I can make myself.

So, I have decided to make a load of ready meals for the freezer and some low carb soups all from atkins induction.

So any idea for freezer friendly dinners would be welcomed!!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
cheeseburger pie!

i often freeze some of each days meal for taking to work, so really just the same as you are cooking now.

hope this tactic works for you, its a good idea.

missfortissimo

addicted to minimins
Smart idea! I haven't got any recipes, but I'll be checking back in because... I love this idea. :D Good luck to you!

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
I made a quick cheesburger pie yesterday - fried mince, added some chilli flakes, poured some single cream over, added grated cheese - all done in 10 mins :) Imagine it would freeze well.

Don't forget the recipe thread - loads of slow cooker recipes that would also freeze well.

I'm also about to post a tuna mornay recipe that I've modifed for low carb (so no pasta or flour) - haven't actually tried it yet, will do it tomorrow.

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
Just posted, think it's 2.6 carbs the lot, will try tomorrow :)

My daily meal planning has gone ratshit since I retired, still I'm not gaining, I suspect after all these years LC eating is ingrained in my psyche Jools :)

jools1986

Silver Member
I am going shopping tomorrow and have recruited my sister in the big bake off and preparing 2 weeks worth of meals.

I will keep you posted :)

OK. Here are the meals I have for the next 2 weeks, according to induction rules and based on go lower

Breakfasts: lizzis granola (not induction but 5g per serving and very close to the go lower breakfast) Day break bars for the days I miss my alarm and egg and bacon for the days I am off work

Lunches: Pea and pancetta soup, chicken and veg soup. Italian meats and salad and tuna salads

Dinners: chilli, lasagne (courgette instead of pasta), chicken curry, meat balls, keema curry, italian casserole and I am trying to find a recipe for beef casserole that is low carb

Snacks: SF jelly, atkins crackers w/cheese and ham, pork crunch

As much of this will be made in advance and all labelled with days so I have NO excuse to not stick to this. Almost the same principle as go lower but a fraction of the price.