A new day, a new me.

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Lilah.Irelynn, 2 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Lilah.Irelynn

Lilah.Irelynn Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Diet:
    Sacred Heart
    Hello everybody. My name is Lilah, I'm twenty-four and I'm from the states. I'm not new to MiniMins though. I was doing the "Sacred Heart" diet, which, don't get me wrong, it really did work! I lost a little over forty pounds in just two and half weeks. However I have been suuuuper stressed and I got burned out on the soup and it's a main part of the diet and I just COULD NOT eat the soup got another day. Even though it was super tasty, it was VERRRRY redundant. An it was only meant as a jumpstart diet anyway, so I don't know why I was trying to do it for weeks on end. ANYWAY! I just think that by counting calories an excersicing, I will be able to keep the weight off. I want to be healthy and fit and thin and pretty. I have super, super, SUUPER low self esteem. :( All my friends are WAY smaller than I am, and I hate it. I feel like I don't fit in. I want to e able to walk into a normal clothing store in the mall and be able to wear something off the rack that doesn't have a "W" or "X" in the size. I currently weigh 255lbs. :( My goal weight right now is 190lbs. That's the smallest I've ever been. About six years ago I went from about 350lbs to 190lbs. I was super athletic and loved to excersise. I broke my wrist badly in Rugby and became lazy and gained a lot of weight back. :( Here I am today, 255lbs, and ready to change. I miss my old fit body, and my old "skinny" jeans. I'm not happy and it's hard to get motivated but I'm really trying hard!! Today I did a 2.5mph power walk on a steep incline on my treadmill for 15minutes and it kicked my butt!! And I feel good!!!!! :D Anyway, I'll stop rambling. I just need some support, motivation, and a shoulder to lean on. :)

xMiss.Lilahx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. clairethehat

clairethehat clairethehat

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(11.66%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie counting-maintenance
    Welcome to Calorie Counting Lilah! :)
    You'll certainly get lots of support and encouragement from all us fellow counters.
    Are you on My Fitness Pal yet?
    It's a fantastic website that tracks your calories and exercise etc. It's my bible!
    I wish you all the very best on your weight loss journey, and look forward to following your progress. :)
    x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. Lilah.Irelynn

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Diet:
    Sacred Heart
    Thanks Claire!! I just downloaded the app for my iPhone! I like it so far, and it seems like it will really help me! :)

xMiss.Lilahx

5. iwillsoonbeslim

iwillsoonbeslim Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting with the help of Myfitnesspal!
    40lbs in two weeks? over two and a half stone in a fortnight?!! Bloody hell :-o
    CC is the bees knees, and you can't really go wrong if you follow MFP.
    Welcome aboard - look forward to sharing your journey :eek:)

6. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Diet:
    Being healthy
    I was thinking the same. WOW!!!! 40lbs in a fortnight. That reminds me of a Peter Kay joke!!! :)

7. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Welcome Lilah, wishing you the best of luck on your weightloss journey - you'll find lots of support here! xxx

8. LittleSis

LittleSis Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.5lb(-0.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!!
    Welcome Lilah. I'm sure you'll get alomg great :)

Squeezy...... So what's the joke????

9. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Diet:
    Being healthy
    He does this little bit about a slimming group, and cracks a joke about a woman who lost 10 stone in a day and walked around attached to a drip!!! It is really funny, and my bro does a fab impession. :)

10. Lilah.Irelynn

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Diet:
    Sacred Heart
    Thanks ladies! Yeah, I was very impressed myself!! Needless to say, I have gained it all right back and then some. -_- Counting calories and just making sure I'm eating healthy foods and not junk ad trying to excersise seems like it's a better life style change, and not a diet. I don't want to have to tell people "I'm on a diet". It makes me feel like if I'm on a diet, it's going to end someday, ad I risk re-gaining all the lost weight. But if I change my way of eating, and pick healthy food over junk and attempt to make excersise a regular part of my everyday life, then I feel as though it's not going to come to an end. Ya know what I mean? :)

xMiss.Lilahx

11. novaX

novaX Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.36%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Welcome Lilah. If you can stick to the Sacred Heart diet then you will do well with CC I'm sure! CC is the ONLY eating plan that I've ever stuck to and I've been on a few (100), I really understand where your coming from with the whole 'on a diet' thing. Makes me feel like ill eventually be coming off the diet and go back to the way I ate before without having learned how to eat 'normally'...if that makes sense :s Anyway sorry for waffling on but just felt a kinshish in regards to the low self esteem because of the weight and thought I would drop a 'You can do it!' :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

12. Lovehatecarbs

Lovehatecarbs Silver Member

Good luck Lilah!!

13. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Diet:
    Being healthy
    I have said this to a few new ccers. To me Calorie counting is a lifestyle choice not a diet. I can see myself being this sensible for the rest of my life and continuing to look slinky and fabulous. So, I know exactly what you mean. :) xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.