A new day, a new me.

Lilah.Irelynn

Hello everybody. My name is Lilah, I'm twenty-four and I'm from the states. I'm not new to MiniMins though. I was doing the "Sacred Heart" diet, which, don't get me wrong, it really did work! I lost a little over forty pounds in just two and half weeks. However I have been suuuuper stressed and I got burned out on the soup and it's a main part of the diet and I just COULD NOT eat the soup got another day. Even though it was super tasty, it was VERRRRY redundant. An it was only meant as a jumpstart diet anyway, so I don't know why I was trying to do it for weeks on end. ANYWAY! I just think that by counting calories an excersicing, I will be able to keep the weight off. I want to be healthy and fit and thin and pretty. I have super, super, SUUPER low self esteem. :( All my friends are WAY smaller than I am, and I hate it. I feel like I don't fit in. I want to e able to walk into a normal clothing store in the mall and be able to wear something off the rack that doesn't have a "W" or "X" in the size. I currently weigh 255lbs. :( My goal weight right now is 190lbs. That's the smallest I've ever been. About six years ago I went from about 350lbs to 190lbs. I was super athletic and loved to excersise. I broke my wrist badly in Rugby and became lazy and gained a lot of weight back. :( Here I am today, 255lbs, and ready to change. I miss my old fit body, and my old "skinny" jeans. I'm not happy and it's hard to get motivated but I'm really trying hard!! Today I did a 2.5mph power walk on a steep incline on my treadmill for 15minutes and it kicked my butt!! And I feel good!!!!! :D Anyway, I'll stop rambling. I just need some support, motivation, and a shoulder to lean on. :)

xMiss.Lilahx

Welcome to Calorie Counting Lilah! :)
You'll certainly get lots of support and encouragement from all us fellow counters.
Are you on My Fitness Pal yet?
It's a fantastic website that tracks your calories and exercise etc. It's my bible!
I wish you all the very best on your weight loss journey, and look forward to following your progress. :)
x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Claire!! I just downloaded the app for my iPhone! I like it so far, and it seems like it will really help me! :)

xMiss.Lilahx

40lbs in two weeks? over two and a half stone in a fortnight?!! Bloody hell :-o
CC is the bees knees, and you can't really go wrong if you follow MFP.
Welcome aboard - look forward to sharing your journey :eek:)

40lbs in two weeks? over two and a half stone in a fortnight?!! Bloody hell :-o
CC is the bees knees, and you can't really go wrong if you follow MFP.
Welcome aboard - look forward to sharing your journey :eek:)

I was thinking the same. WOW!!!! 40lbs in a fortnight. That reminds me of a Peter Kay joke!!! :)

Welcome Lilah, wishing you the best of luck on your weightloss journey - you'll find lots of support here! xxx

Welcome Lilah. I'm sure you'll get alomg great :)

Squeezy...... So what's the joke????

Welcome Lilah. I'm sure you'll get alomg great :)

Squeezy...... So what's the joke????

He does this little bit about a slimming group, and cracks a joke about a woman who lost 10 stone in a day and walked around attached to a drip!!! It is really funny, and my bro does a fab impession. :)

Thanks ladies! Yeah, I was very impressed myself!! Needless to say, I have gained it all right back and then some. -_- Counting calories and just making sure I'm eating healthy foods and not junk ad trying to excersise seems like it's a better life style change, and not a diet. I don't want to have to tell people "I'm on a diet". It makes me feel like if I'm on a diet, it's going to end someday, ad I risk re-gaining all the lost weight. But if I change my way of eating, and pick healthy food over junk and attempt to make excersise a regular part of my everyday life, then I feel as though it's not going to come to an end. Ya know what I mean? :)

xMiss.Lilahx

Thanks ladies! Yeah, I was very impressed myself!! Needless to say, I have gained it all right back and then some. -_- Counting calories and just making sure I'm eating healthy foods and not junk ad trying to excersise seems like it's a better life style change, and not a diet. I don't want to have to tell people "I'm on a diet". It makes me feel like if I'm on a diet, it's going to end someday, ad I risk re-gaining all the lost weight. But if I change my way of eating, and pick healthy food over junk and attempt to make excersise a regular part of my everyday life, then I feel as though it's not going to come to an end. Ya know what I mean? :)

xMiss.Lilahx

I have said this to a few new ccers. To me Calorie counting is a lifestyle choice not a diet. I can see myself being this sensible for the rest of my life and continuing to look slinky and fabulous. So, I know exactly what you mean. :) xx

Back