A newbie from CD...

RugbyGirl

Ok so I had my first ever meeting with SW last night and it was great. People were really friendly and it was nice to have a huge support system rather than that of my CDC. I weighted in at 10.12 which I'm super happy with as I have only put on 2lbs since leaving CD diet 4 weeks ago and I have had some pretty heavy weekenders!!

I'm so excited about eating food its unreal, but not the bad food like I used to. I'm excited about salads and meats, but most of all PASTA!!!!!! (not to mention a few sinful vodkas, oh yes, saturday nights are Back! - Those of you who have done CD will understand my excitement).

So my goal overall is to shift, another 14 - 16 lbs.....but I still cant get my head around how it works. I'll just do as im told, eat whats in the book and make sure I sin at least 5 times a day!

I just have one or two questions.....Can you store you sins and say have a blow out drinking sesh with the girls on a sat? and which is the ice cream to eat when having a chick flick night in.....????

I hope you're all enjoying your Friday, Roll on the weekend. x

:D

When I went to class, our consultant said it was best to only store up syns for 3 days at a time and not the whole week for a blow out. She found people had better weight loss and didn't get down hearted because they had saved their syns for the week and gone mad. I suppose at the end of the day what suits one doesn't suit another but as you haven't got far to goal I would ere on the side of caution if I were you. Good luck. xx

welcome i know exactly where you are coming from i quit tfr when mother in law lost 8lb on sw as my thouhgt was well if she can lose that on sw why am i putting myself through not eatting and trying to explain to my children why i am not eatting with them. good luck hun and stay in touch. xxx

There are different schools of thought on saving your syns:

Old school - 105 syns to use as you wish throughout the week
New school - 15 a day and 'flexi syns' (I won't talk about those now though, so as not to confuse matters)

You need to experiment and see what works best for you. Some people can't get away with banking and binging (me) so you'll need to work out what works for you.

For nights in, if you want to be angelic and go syn free, you can freeze yoghurts, which works really well. Otherwise, I like the Skinny Cow range, and the Ben & Jerrys low fat stuff.

Welcome and good luck with your continuing weight loss.

There are different schools of thought on saving your syns:

Old school - 105 syns to use as you wish throughout the week
New school - 15 a day and 'flexi syns' (I won't talk about those now though, so as not to confuse matters)

You need to experiment and see what works best for you. Some people can't get away with banking and binging (me) so you'll need to work out what works for you.

For nights in, if you want to be angelic and go syn free, you can freeze yoghurts, which works really well. Otherwise, I like the Skinny Cow range, and the Ben & Jerrys low fat stuff.
I'm echo what Hellie says about syns. One consultant says save 'em another says don't. I can't bank either, i use mine daily. Different things work for different people, just remember you can use syns for things like ketchup, and gravy or mayo etc and not just for "treats". Also i Looooooove Skinny cow ice creams, well worth their weight in syns!

Yeah, it's nice to use a few syns in your cooking too - a bit of butter in your mash, extra olive oil or cheese that isn't in your healthy extras...that sort of thing. Makes you really feel like you're cooking and eating normally (which you are, but just healthily too!)

x

Welcome and well done on your loss to date. I'm with the others ~ skinny Cow is well worth the syns though I did have a frozen orange and dark chocolate sprinkles Muller the other night and it was delish and as it was free it made it all the tastier!! xx

Back