A Night Out - the eating and drinking!

LipoLisa

No longer a redhead though!
Thought I'd share the different thoughts and decisions I went through to deal with a night out that I wanted.

Background - thought really hard about whether I should or shouldn't and came to the conclusion that I really did want to go out drinking and dancing with my girlfriends on Good Friday. Knowing that I'd have been on TFR for 7 weeks by the time Easter came round I started to do lots of reading around the situation.

I knew it would be really stupid to drink any alcohol whilst in ketosis. And I understand myself well enough to know that abstinence on LT works well for me so doing a week of re-feeding was something I really really didn't want to do.

After some sound advice I decided that I'd need to eat some food on the Thursday evening, and again on Friday daytime to get myself out of ketosis. Initially I was enjoying the whole thought of going out for a lovely meal - omlette with sweetcorn on the Thursday night and a slap up meal on the Friday etc etc.

Eventually as the weekend approached my thoughts changed about the food. I realised I needed to eat to be safe not to enjoy the meal. I was then invited out on the Thursday and a meal was offered - I'd been out many a time socially (parties /pub etc) during the 7 weeks and hadn't struggled too much.

Thursday evening arrived and I found I didn't have to concentrate on the meal as it was the date that took first place. I opted for pan roasted salmon, with salad and new potatoes. The salad left a lot to be desired as it was merely a few rocket leaves, and the potatoes came in a seperate bowl with melted butter. I didn't scoup up the butter as I would have done in the past - and the salmon went down well. I am not a fish eater at all really.

It felt odd and alien to eat to be honest, but I was thinking at least I have some food in my stomach.

When I got home I really couldn't face my usual chocolate shake so missed it out altogether.

Day one - part one completed!

Day one - other bits.
I'd had the day off of work and spent it mooching around town in second hand shops as I'd realised that I was now a size 16!!! Then went into Wallis department store and felt fabulous - for the first time in years I didn't feel dreadful looking at myself in a changing room mirror - in fact I started to feel wonderful! The new me was emerging.

Day two - the Good Friday. I had my morning shake and felt a little sick in my stomach. I put this down to having food in it from the night before. Today I had originally planned to have a steak dinner with all the trimmings, then that changed to having fairly plain pasta with tinned chopped tomatoes for the carbs to kick me out of ketosis.

I went with my lad back over to town and I bought myself a new green top (size 16) and a new bra - boobs have shrunk :( However, great bra from M&S gave me a good shape. We got carried away with the time and I panicked. I hadn't had my carb lunch!!! I was in grave danger of messing up the whole planned evening. I bought a meal from M&S that was roasted mushrooms with onions and mashed potato - 46gms of carbs.

Got back home, still a little worried as I was in ketosis. So had a small bowl of museli with dried fruit/nuts and milk, whilst waiting for the mushroom and mash meal to cook in the oven. Once it was on my plate it was a bit of a chore to eat it really - and M&S is severely over-rated I reckon (not many mushrooms). I was completely full.

I enjoyed getting ready and my son gasped when he saw me in my new green top - I looked fabulous even though I say so myself. I was feeling so very positive about the new me emerging it made the last 7 weeks worthwhile. Looking and feeling good is a great incentive to me to keep at it and now I wanted, almost needed, to have affirmation from friends and joe public.

My friend who I was going out with that night hadn't seen me since starting LT!!! I was excited as I drove up to her house.....

Last edited:
Last part - Good Friday Night

I was feeling a little sick but not sure if this was because of the food in my stomach or the nervousness I was feeling about drinking.

I'd chatted to my mate and she was fully supportive about me taking it easy with the booze, to double check that it was feeling alright on it. Instead of the usual diet coke and vodka I'd taken up soda water as my mixer, and didn't hit the doubles as usual.

When she saw me it was 'omg' look at your waist. I felt fab in my new top and my newish shoes. Shoes were a bit of a gamble for the night out as they were high, but less painful now I'd dropped two stone. Put flip flops in my bag as a back up (was such a good move!!)

During the evening I had around 8 single vodkas and a couple of soda waters inbetween. I got very merry indeed, had a great dance (for as long as the blooming shoes would allow) and rolled home at 2.45 this morning, tad drunk. Avoided the usual drunken pizza or chips from the kebab house, but did munch a couple of potato wedges that were in the kitchen when I got home. Realised what I was doing so squirted washing up liquid on them, guzzled a big glass of water (something I never used to do after a night out) and went to bed.

End.....
The water helped, head wasn't too bad this morning and I couldn't wait to get up and have a shake and some more water. Couple of headache tablets and I am feeling over the moon now.

It has been a massive confidence boost for me this weekend. I feel in control and am looking forward to the next month on my LT journey to the new me.

I was in a really good space last night and felt very flirty in the bars and nightclubs - unfortunately it was obviously 'ugly man night' cos there was no one worth flirting with!!

Hope I haven't bored you too much. But I did want to share the changing thoughts I'd had about embarking on an evening out on the razzle dazzle. It was good for me to really think about why and how to approach this and remain strong and steady on my LT journey -- - - - - my way worked for me and won't necessarily work for others so think about how you are and how you behave should you be in a similar situation.

I am fully prepared to have gained a few pounds at my next weigh in - but extending my goal date for a week will be fine as the trade off about how fantastic I feel mid-way makes it worth it.

Feel free to share your stories here too....

Lisa x

p.s. Happy Easter - and good luck to those chocoholics out there.

Last edited:
Lisa, glad you had a nice time and i'm glad you were as sensible as you could be (minus those darn wedges hey!:giggle:) and im very glad you were safe drinking alcohol having not done a refeed.

Good luck with the rest of your journey and like you say your expecting a gain and a week longer on LT so dont be too disheartened at weigh in - and hey, it might not be as bad as you think!! :)

Have a good weekend x

Sounds like it was a really good night - you can't beat a really good night out with or without food and drink. If you've managed to turn a few heads even better - even if was only from the ugly guys, lol. It certainly does the confidence the worls of good not to mention increase the motivation, I think. :)

Good luck with getting straight back on the LT journey.

Glad you enjoyed yourself and are back on track (and that your head wasn't too poorly!) x

Lisa delighted to hear how it went, I have a weekend coming up on the 16th of April and I am living for it, I originally started this diet thinking I would be finished by then but I've out done myself lasting this long!!

At the minute I am finding it really hard, struggling for reasons to stay on the diet as I have and am missing out on so much ( I know its worth it). I am hoping that that weekend will give me the break and inspiration I need to stay on it for another month after that.

When is your weigh in? dying to see how this week and next week go for you! :D

thanks for sharing

well done girl i too took this weekend off and im delighted i did. now all we have to do it get back into ketosis eeek ha no it will be fine

Lisa, sounds like you had a fab night out and more to the point, feeling and looking fantastic is the best bit, I think!! Your well laid plan was worth all the effort and I really hope you still have a loss this week as it doesn't sound like you over induldged at all!!

Good luck at your WI! So happy for you hun.... xxx

Hi and thanks guys - wasn't too sure if this posting of mine was a bit too long winded (what d'ya think? - I could try and edit it down)

I am not worried at all about weigh in because I am still on my LT/TFR journey and I've already been through a disappointing weight loss week before Easter. The advice given to me then helped me be pleased with the first 5lb loss instead of totally disappointed - so will approach my next weigh in with the same attitude.

If I gain a couple of pounds it will still have been worth it for the boost the night has given me ----it's all very well people telling me that I've lost weight but actually feeling that I have out in 'joe public' land was fabulous!

Lisa x

Wasn't disappointed at all at WI, lost a pound. So feeling extra fine now. Thanks to those that supported me on this small detour and found it useful.

Somewhere I read, think it was in sarcasm though, about 'so you want support to break your diet' - this morning on the way to work I realised - Yes that was exactly what I wanted, and it was for me to decide what I needed!! (if some felt rubbed up the wrong way about that then that is their stuff) Thankfully I got it via here and in the many private messages - thanks ladies and gents!

Lisa x

:talk017:

Well done you! :party0049:

Back