A phoenix rising

Honey39

Phoenix Rising
Rejoining this site after years because it was always such a great place to post - seems a little lonely looking around so I'm setting up camp here!

Welcome back x

This was going to be my 'start' week, but actually I am now 2 lbs down from last week. Anyway, I have read the pig wrestling book which was one of the most inspirational things that I have ever read and it helped me to refocus on weight loss through Slimming World. Partly it was about what works, what does not work etc. I've been re-reading my old entries on Minimims, and that has been hugely inspirational in reminding me that this **** actually WORKED. Stop trying to modify it or ignore it, stick to it.

It's not rocket science as such: loads of fruit and vegetables, no bread, no pasta, no rice etc - I mean, you can do that and I will but generally it's about eating loads and sticking to the rules. So this morning I had berries and bran flakes and yoghurt and OMG it was delicious, like a pudding. Why had I forgotten how fabulous that was? And yesterday I had a huge salad with my omelette, and a steak in the evening.

I was trying to do too much with the weight loss, and it was too loaded - being lighter to reduce pain, make the MS symptoms easier, manage my relationships etc. All these are important but the frame was too goddamned crammed with things - I have to reduce it down to what is my problem, clean it up and reframe what I am doing and what success looks like.

Feeling good about the weekly weigh in too, I am going back to that because I did like the solemnity of seeing what I weighed and keeping an eye on it. It makes Sundays quite exciting from that point of view!!!

Yesterday went well, so that's good. I stuck to the plan and had 14.5 syns in total, feeling good about this. Hopefully will post later :)

Hey Lauren , what a supportive post! Please go away - I find your post incredibly intrusive and self-centred in my diary. Does your supervisor know that you are spamming online? Incidentally, not sure I would have any faith in your confidentiality clause when you have all your details at one click of the button!

Hey Lauren , what a supportive post! Please go away - I find your post incredibly intrusive and self-centred in my diary. Does your supervisor know that you are spamming online? Incidentally, not sure I would have any faith in your confidentiality clause when you have all your details at one click of the button!
I have deleted the post and banned the spammer.

I have deleted the post and banned the spammer.
Thank you so much, really appreciated you sorting it out so quickly :)

Week 2: lost 1.5 lbs (3.5 lbs in total) = 327.0

Well this is today's entry, that's 1.5 lbs down following SW pretty closely. I am somewhat disappointed because I had thought it would be a bigger loss than that. Having said that, I do think last week's weigh in was a very optimistic scales jiggling one, whereas this one was bang on the money, so I suspect it's more like I lost the 3.5 lbs in total in one go this week.

Pleased with how things have gone. I've followed SW and tracked on their website; I've definitely had 1/3 of fruit and veg with most meals, I have tried to be very good. But the best thing is that this has been somewhat easy to do, I have not felt deprived or upset or frantic, it's very low key but very doable as well, so that's really good news. I feel clear-headed too, so that's good.

Next week's target is to get down to 325.0, but I think that might be quite hard because we have visitors here on Saturday; however that really is not an excuse to not try and get it done. I am going to do SOME exercise as well and see if that makes a difference. Generally I am pleased though, I would like to see a bigger loss but I have to accept that slow and steady is the way to go at my age.

Still a bit of a boost! I am feeling good about myself, and good about this diet. Yesterday I made a tuna pasta bake for the week ahead which is low calorie and SW approved, so that's me prepped and ready. Plus I have loads of fruit and veg ready to go.

Go me!!

I am going to write this through the day so I can keep adding bits to it as I go and then update at the end of the day. I'm feeling good today, very strong and very positive - it's amazing that a bit of weight loss will give me just the boost that I desperately need to continue with this journey and feel good about myself.

Today I've had magic oats and an apple (and a flat white before work); I have tuna and rice for lunch, and then a prawn stir-fry for tea. Pretty healthy and enjoyable! Fingers crossed anyway.

I'm writing my 14 reasons why I love my honey - every year I do this without fail on Valentine's day, and it's a pain to do it but I love him so so so much and it's worth taking time to write out some of the reasons. He's the world to me, I can't imagine my life without him in it. We have the best time together, life is so easy and fun. I just wish I wasn't so tired and in so much pain all the time. Grrrrr. Just booking a restaurant to have lunch with a friend on Wednesday, cannot wait to see her again, she has been such a fabulous friend to me.

I'm feeling shattered today, never know whether this is the MS, or whether it's because my sleep patterns are disturbed because I'm in pain, or just because I'm 50. I tell myself that this doesn't really go on and on, but it has been a while now - time for another shot of caffeine perhaps!!

Getting absolutely loads done today though, and despite everything I haven't been tempted to overeat or anything. I feel very calm on this programme, so that's good. Plus I know I have nice food for dinner, which always helps :) I wish so much that I didn't have MS, it's the absolute pits, although it's not soul destroying, I just feel sad about it. Like, I feel 'normal' again and yet here I am with progressive MS, it doesn't seem right to me. I've been feeling strong though, so that's good today.

Back