A picture to put me off Mcdonalds

I watched a programme on channel 4 the other night called super size me and that was all about a guy having to eat McDonalds for breakfast, dinner and tea for 30 days anyone seen it? if that didn;t put people off mcDonalds i don;t know what will.

And that's why I'm vegetarian!

Not wishing to stick up for McDonalds here but that picture is so not from a McDonalds Nugget Meal!

The nuggets are minced and ground and reconstituted chicken and hence there is no way a chickens head could have stayed in tact like that!

I am sure that maybe chicken's heads are in the product but not like that they aren't lol

Mike

Just to REALLY put you off - all those companies make their burgers from something called reclaimed mechanical meat. When all the decent bits have been cut off the carcasses, they pressure hose them to get all the scraps off (and from the floor!) and squish them up to make burgers. Yum. I'm hungry but not that hungry....

:D It's great piccie though isn't it :D

But....it is partially true. It was actually found at McDonalds, but it wasn't amongst the nuggets. It was found in the Mighty Wings.

The email about it that has been circulating for years (usually gets changed slightly along the way:D), and is the known by us at 'Break The Chain'

A friend works for Pedigree Petfoods. The Company was in negotiation for the tender of a contract for chicken heads and feet - and lost out to McDonalds!!

GROSS!

that is gross!!!! just thinking that they can get away with it is awful. what were they thinking when they thought that would be a good idea!!!!! i was put off macdonalds when i saw supersize me but am 100% put off now.

That's not from McDonalds, ignoring the fact that McDonalds chicken is 100% reconstituted chicken breat, and there's no way that could get into a customer's hands in tact, the batter isn't the same colour or texture as McDonald's batter.

peridot said:
Just to REALLY put you off - all those companies make their burgers from something called reclaimed mechanical meat. When all the decent bits have been cut off the carcasses, they pressure hose them to get all the scraps off (and from the floor!) and squish them up to make burgers. Yum. I'm hungry but not that hungry....

This is also not true, only certain parts of the cow can be called beef, the good part, McDonald's, Burger King, Wimpy et al all use 100% beef burgers. The ones you buy from the supermarket that don't say 100% beef, are the ones with all the ground up eyeballs and the like in. :)

It was found in the Mighty Wings.

That's not from McDonalds, ignoring the fact that McDonalds chicken is 100% reconstituted chicken breat, and there's no way that could get into a customer's hands in tact,

Much that I hate McDonalds and everything it stands for, I'm not sure they would go as far as to buy in bones and wrap the reconstituted chicken breast around them to call it 'wings'. Surely they must have bought wings in when they were selling their Mighty Wings??

As I said earlier, my info comes from Break the Chain who like snopes try to sort out misinformation
From the BTC site.
But the story is basically true. McDonald's officials attribute the misplaced body part to "a manufacturing error." The product in question was not McDonald's popular chicken McNuggets, as later versions of the chain claim, but their short-lived "Mighty Wings." Weeks later, McDonald's discontinued Mighty Wings due to slow sales.

Well thats certainly makes me wanna stay on this diet!

I agree KD, i got it from a chain mail ages ago and looked it up. If you google Mcdonalds chicken head then you can get alink to the original 2001 news article

This is one of the reasons my whole family turned veggie nearly two years ago and when I come out of this CD diet this time I am seriously thinking of going vegan, the whole animal food industry is disgusting me bit by bit!

not nice...:sigh: susan

Ah, but were they in a sealed jar?

Yup,

If you never wanna eat McD's ever again here's the video it's disgusting experiment with Big Mac, Chick, Otr lber, Fries etc... to see how the break down.

You wont believe the fries.

YouTube - How Nasty Are McDonalds Fries?

that's scary!! I watched Supersize me, but don't remember this bit.

Reminds me of some bread I bought a while ago. We usually have seeded or at least malted wholemeal, but I got some of that 'invisible crust' as it was only 5p:rolleyes:

Couldn't believe that it still looked normal (no mould or anything) 3 weeks after the sell by date (left because everyone thought it was tasteless). Frightened the life out of me. Had to chuck it.

All those preservatives. Scary.

I agree KD, i got it from a chain mail ages ago and looked it up. If you google Mcdonalds chicken head then you can get alink to the original 2001 news article

It also says in those articles that since chickens heads come off way before McD's ever see the chicken, they (the people investigating it, not McD's) believe the head was brought in deliberately by a disgruntled employee or as someones idea of a (rather sick) joke.

Now you have all turned me off MacDonalds for life has anyone similar stories for Dominos Pizza,Belgian Chocolate or pre-packed sandwiches from M+S!!!!

Thats the only reason i posted this, wasnt meant to be a huge debate - just the reason i wouldnt ever want a McDonalds. RussianDoll, Spooky and I were all discussing pack allowance and i said there should be a kids menu for little ppl like me - so chicken nuggets and chips flavour was suggested.

Even if this is a joke, or photoshopped or whatever, its plenty to put me off for life!

Back