A planned day 'off plan'

kingleds

Gold Member
Has anyone else done this?
I am at a wedding next Friday and the OH mentioned a couple of things he missed food wise the other day. So we are having a planned day off plan for the wedding! I am quite excited!

We will be having;

Brekkie: Sausage Sandwiches (made with full fat sausages, butter and white bread)

Lunch: Cold Cuts with mini pork pies, scotch eggs, butter & white bread

Dinner: Whatever we are served at the wedding

What do you miss about pre SW food?

P.S. Supposed to be a bit of fun so I politely request that anyone who does not agree with a planned day off plan remembers it is not supposed to be taken too seriously :)

Ooooo sooo many things

Proper fish and chips with mushy peas and curry from a chippy:D

Crispy duck pancakes, sweet n sour chicken with fried rice from the chinese.

Double Angus burger from Burger King.

Chocolate biscuits dipped in a mug of tea.

Frion battered onion rings, garlic mushrooms and potato skins dipped in garlic mayo

Should I go on:rolleyes:

Enjoy your day off plan, everything in moderation and you can always do some body magic to lighten the blow.

Butter and white bread! But only in my mind these days when someone brings it to my attention (Ha!). Hope you enjoy yours to the full :)

Sounds fab!

I miss pizza, sweet and sour chicken balls, HUGE bags of sweets, pick n mix, white bread cut from a fresh loaf, buttered, and made into a cheese and tomato sandwich, bags of doritos with cheese and chive dip, fajitas with 3 wraps and sour cream, lots and lots and lots of cheese, puddings, Lincolnshire sausages, bacon rind.....

Oh gosh, I could go on!!!!

I have, however, just eaten a big fruit salad for breakfast :)

He he! I just endured scan bran for brekkie which might explain why i'm thinking about 'normal' food!

I miss pizza, bread & butter (seems to be a common theme!) and full fat sausages. *sigh*

Good on you on your planned day off, tempted to do one purely in honour of yours!

Doorstep wedges of crusty White bread toasted and smothered in butter mmmm

Fish finger sammies

Chicken 'ciabarnies' this is crispy battered chicken with a slice of bacon and cheese in a ciabatta roll with toms and Mayo!

Or a FULL English with full fat sausages, black pudding, bacon, fried mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, hash browns fried eggs and toast!

Oh and a fresh cream Belgian bun!

When I started to read this all that came to mind was the butter pie, chips & beans followed by 1.5 pints cider at the weekend. Not entirely off plan as I counted all the syns (erm that's why I've non left:D).

But then I started reading & realised there is so much I've been missing out on without realising it; pizza, fresh pasta, battered fish, white bread but only that which you cut yourself, mince pies, crumpets, biscuits.

Ok I could have biscuits, crumpets & mince pies, but I really don't want to that many syns on those things, I'd rather have glass of wine:D

Have a lovely day & something to look forward to.

I have had kind of planned days off and had treats of things I missed like fish and chips mmmm There are lots of thing I miss but what I do miss in a way is the relaxed way of just being able to 'have' those things but I can't go there or I'd soon be back at the weight I was :eek: so just have to have every now and then when can plan in or the urge overtakes me!
Being able to just scoff a bowl of nuts/bombay mix that sort of thing was bad but so good!....28g = a lot of syns and not a lot of satisfaction! Pah!

Enjoy your day by the way and hope that you enjoy it but it can be strange how those things don't taste as nice as they used to somehow! You might be running out of the wedding to get some salad and/fruit :p

and a Scan Bran! :eek:

My day off would go like this:

Wake up - Fresjly squeezed Oj, crumpets with lurpak, and maybe a cheese topped muffin.

Lunch - Pizza hut buffet with cheesey garlic sticks and pasta and a bottle of white (new zealand please or Sancerre!)

Snacks - Pic and mix and krispy kremes and ben and jerrys! (unlimited and not making me feel sick!)

Evening Meal - Chinese buffet - Duck pancakes, Sweet and sour chicken balls, chips, dim sums and all that battered and deep fried yum!

More wine - and more sweets!

OMG no wonder i gained so much weight if this is a 'perfect day!'

Now my life is ruled by the likes of scan bran, SW quiches, 42g of cheese and Quorn!! haha!

Ooh, how exciting! I'm having a planned off plan day on Saturday! I'll stick to a SW brekky, but then it will be full on Indian banquet in the afternoon, with lots of beers. I can't wait!

Enjoy your off plan day x

Has anyone else done this?
I am at a wedding next Friday and the OH mentioned a couple of things he missed food wise the other day. So we are having a planned day off plan for the wedding! I am quite excited!

We will be having;

Brekkie: Sausage Sandwiches (made with full fat sausages, butter and white bread)

Lunch: Cold Cuts with mini pork pies, scotch eggs, butter & white bread

Dinner: Whatever we are served at the wedding

What do you miss about pre SW food?

P.S. Supposed to be a bit of fun so I politely request that anyone who does not agree with a planned day off plan remembers it is not supposed to be taken too seriously :)

I am salivating. Really, truly salivating.

I miss cheese in big quantities, , egg and breadcrumb dipped and fried liver with fried onions and lashings of mashed potato, mashed with butter, and onion gravy.

Confit of duck.

Duck pate with red currant jelly and hot buttered toast.

Pastry..............flaky pastry, shortcrust pastry.......steak pie...............steak puddings in a light suet pastry,water pastry as in pork pies.

Sausages, pork with apple sauce, crackling, stuffing and roast potatoes.

SORRY I CAN NOT DO THS I AM ABOUT FAINT ..............LOL !!!!

Good thread my friend.

I am feeling a bit guilt about starting this now Sue! - I am sorry if you all have an unplanned off day as a result.

I have obviously learned something by doing SW though because now I'm even planning in advance what I will eat when I'm not on the sodding plan!!! My life will be ruled by food diaries and spreadsheets forever.

Emsie - you're probably right - I'll be hunting out the strawbs in the evening buffet at the wedding & eating carrot sticks. Shirleen - Hell will freeze over before I choose to eat Scanbran on a off plan day!!!!! :)

EB - Sancerre - I had forgotton about that!!! I might have to have some at the wedding

This is all very well but I don't think you are committed enough to the plan, and this thread is leading folks astray...

I'm kidding! Good on you and I hope you enjoy every mouthful!!!! lol

Just want to report that despite your attempts to sabotage my efforts I stuck to plan tonight.;)

I closed my eyes and imagined my baked potato was a steak and kidney pie..............:rolleyes:. who am I kidding.......it was nothing like it,but boy was it good lol !!!!:D

If it's lifelong thing to change our way of eating, I totally agree with days/weekends off, otherwise, boredom will set in.
I had my wild five night weekend last weekend, and drank way too much wine, and gained 1.5lbs, totally acceptable as I deserved it.
This week, I have three meals out, but as I knew this would happen eventually, and you can't be a hermit, I will accept the consequences, and then get back to it :eek:

Back