A positive side affect

Doirin

Positivity is the key
Hi All,
Do any of you feel more on an even keel since starting this diet. I would always claim chocolate has affected my moods greatly. I know the science behind it but not just giving the high but also the low - perhaps not only due to chocolate but also the feeling of being out of control, not feeling well due to the ammount of sugar either high or low in the blood stream. The lethargy felt on a daily level. The constant need to get that quick fix.
On Lipotrim - I feel more in control of my emotions, less likely to bark at the kids if they are very loud and not getting the high/low moments every day.
So just wondering outside of the cravings that some people feel do you feel emotionally better or worse?
Take care
Doirin

Hey Doirin,

I'm on day six and so far so good :D I think that I agree with you about the better moods! I'm even doing exams this week and I'm in surprisingly good form! Also I dont think I've ever thought less about food in my life which I find very strange! I really thought I'd be starving and wanting to eat but I'm not! So hopefully that will stay that way:D isn't it great to have this place for support! Great to here about your positive side effects and well done on the weightloss:happy096: your an inspiration to me! have first weigh in 2mro:whacky068:

:talk017::talk017:

I'm glad you've said this - I haven't started yet, but I was really hoping that something like this would happen rather than my mood being a slave to my sugar intake...

hy all just poppin in to say hy

i agree..

day 11, and still feeling great, didn't think i'd feel so happy and energetic. think it must be the change to the diet cos had a really tough time in april and now feel 100 times better, no longer want to sleep all day, don't feel so sluggish and my skins clearing up for the first time in years :D long may it continue
monica
xx

Got to agree with everybody, I've never felt better with emotions, skin condition and everything and I'm in week 20! I think this diet not only deals with your weight problem it also helps a gazillion other things too! I love this diet so much, so glad I found it!

Hi Doirin

I am so glad you have brought this up. I absolutely agree with everyone. That saying 'you are what you eat' is so true, and boy food (and drink, the alcholic type :party0016:) can really be a little mood shifter!!
For the first time in years I feel energetic, calm, happy & in control of life's litte ups and downs...I really hope it lasts.
For the first time ever on a diet I am planning what outfit I will buy when a smaller size ( because I really believe I will acheive it this time). My aim is a little blazer. I used to wear them years ago with a nice skirt or cute denims, can't do it now 'cause the bosom is too big and cute blazers look like a Bozwell Wilkie circus tent.
I aim to never return to my old bad habits, after I have done this I would like to persue a semi-macrobiotic sort of diet...and definitely bye bye to alks...don't need that poison in my body.No,no,no!!

Hi Doirin I feel the same WONDERFUL. Can I just say well blinckin done on your first weigh in theres no wonder you feel good.

I also feel so calm too Dorin. I am having what should be a very stressful time at late (essays to be handed in, exam prep, kids, lol) but i actually feel quite calm (and it isnt cos I am organised). I do think the diet is helping me cos' I feel that I am in control of something when the uni work is so aarrrrggghhhhhh. It is helping me to keep things in perspective and not let Uni control everything. Even my friends cant believe how calm I am about all the work.

I have done diet at the right time and feel GREAT

Hi guys, yes this diet is total Nirvana, I will sing it's praises to anyone and everyone. My mood's even....energy, high, skin,radiant...weight loss, amazing....AND I was only looking forward to eating really healthy food when I was doing LT and now I'm refeeding, thats all I want to do. I have NOT craved any sugar, carbs or fatty things at all. When I eat a crunchy salad with balsamic vinegar, I feel like I've died and gone to heaven, it's SO utterly delicious! My joy is now being able to buy the most fantastic new size 14 wardrobe of luscious clothes with all the utterly delectable matching accessories. Food used to give me a buzz in the past, but I hope and pray that LT has re-conditioned my brain into healthy eating for the rest of my days. I have promised myself I will use this forum to keep myself on track as well as hopefully encourage people on here as well. Good luck to everyone.

I've notice my sugar levels have normalised. I don't think the world knows what the demon sugar can do. I read a book saying it is very addictive and effects are enormous, but people don't believe it. I was thinking about low fat or low GI but now I'm thinking a sugar free diet if one exists. I bought a dietabetic cook book because the recipes looked amazing through a book club at work. They also mention the effects of sugar on the moods etc. so might try that diet. Oh decisions.

Really want to learn about healthy food etc. for when I refeed so that I don't go back to my old ways.

I agree - I definitely feel (generally!) very positive and more upbeat more often, as well as having more energy.

Prior to starting LT, I was off work with depression for about 4 months but had already stopped taking medication.

Have had a few down days, including this week, but i do find that i'm able to get out of them quicker with my positive outlook remaining intact. Plus, there's always somethign to look forward to even if it's only the weekly weigh in, LOL.

Keep it going guys, we'll all get there!!

Yeah, im feeling the same, soooo much better in myself, my moods and everything!! Increased energy levels definately!!!!!! its great!
i love not feeling hungry as i used to get very hungry and would have to grab somethin quick as i would get very grumpy and shaky.
Now i just eat (soups and mouse) just because i know i have to, im no longer ruled by food (eating and hunger), i love it! x

I enjoy not waking up with a hangover and no money on a Sunday morning!!!! So much better the jump up and enjoy the day without crisps and cans of coke to make you feel better!!

I've notice my sugar levels have normalised. I don't think the world knows what the demon sugar can do. I read a book saying it is very addictive and effects are enormous, but people don't believe it. I was thinking about low fat or low GI but now I'm thinking a sugar free diet if one exists. I bought a dietabetic cook book because the recipes looked amazing through a book club at work. They also mention the effects of sugar on the moods etc. so might try that diet. Oh decisions.

Really want to learn about healthy food etc. for when I refeed so that I don't go back to my old ways.

I can really recommend the book: Sugar Busters. It will blow you away at how BAD sugar is and how, before the import of sugar into this country, there were NO obesity problems....the food industry is bent on having us hooked on high-carb, high sugar foods.....labelled as low-fat, so DONT be fooled, those low-fat biccies and cakes are LOADED with sugar! I dont crave carbs and have actually forced myself to eat potato and wholegrain rice, but actually, I feel so much better not having any!

Hi All,
it's amazing isn't it that we can have a great sense of well being on this diet and it is up to us to continue that afterwards.
I also have 2 books that I bought last year and they are very good aids to dietary needs.
1st one is 'Sugar shock' by Connie Bennett - is is written very much in an American trend however there is a huge knowledge base behind it and some very good advice on what to avoid. It deals with how sugar affects every part of our lives.
2nd one is 'The Food and Mood handbook' which was brought out by Mind the mental health charity, it is a very well written practical book, which looks at the foods we eat and how they can cause symptoms like PMS, depression , anxiety cravings and mood swings and then shows the diet needed to counteract these things.
Just thought these may be useful for anyone starting re-feed esp as it may help to eliminate triggers.
Good luck
Doirin

Thanks a million Supaslimma. I'll have a hunt around Amazon for the book. You would be amazed how addictive sugar is.

Thanks as well Doirin, I'll have a hunt for them too.

I'm so hoping to be ready when I refeed in about 3 mths time. Sometimes I think the mental know how and preparation is half the battle.

I too have felt much better on this diet, stopped taking the 'happy pills' plus I haven't had a bad headache for 5 weeks! Due chiefly to no alcohol, cheese, chocolate and citrus fruits. It's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back