A public promise to myself - YAY, I DID IT !!!!

Karen1972

Gold Member
I want to make a promise to myself and for everyone else to know about it so that I will be too embarrassed not to go through with it! Does that make sense?

I got to my goal weight on 1 May at 9stone 11lbs.

Over the past umpteen weeks i've been bingeing at weekends and putting on around 7lbs - which i generally lose quite quickly during the following week but my upper weight is creeping up week by week. On Monday morning this week i was 10stone 13lbs.

Today I am 10stone 7lbs.

If i binge this weekend i KNOW i will hit the 11 stone mark and that is just NOT ACCEPTABLE to me.

So i promise myself that i will not eat anything outside of 3 LL packs a day plus a healthy meal at night this weekend. I am sick to death of feeling depressed on monday mornings and taking until thursday to start to feel human again! I am worth so much more and am desperate to get under 10stone again - but only i can do it.

So that is my promise. I hope i'm not eating humble pie (or any other flavour) come Monday morning.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Well done Karen!

Don't forget to keep drinking the water! It makes keeping the weight off much easier.

M.

Hi Karen
Just a suggestion why not ss until you get to goal?You are nearly there it wouldnt take long and you'll feel great when you do.I lost 2st 9lbs las year on CD in 9 weeks only had a stone to target but I kept having odd things here and odd things there then redid aam meal then ssing and made myself ill as I kept going in and out of Ketosis........cut along stry short I need to lose it all again plus 21lbs on top!
Your an expert at this compared to me but you dont want to end up near to the begining like me :(
Good luck and well done on publically telling us whats going on
x((hugs)c

Well done Karen!

Don't forget to keep drinking the water! It makes keeping the weight off much easier.

M.

Thanks Mike, i've never been good with the water! I will make more effort - in fact i've just got up and got myself a large glass after reading your message!

Cheers!

Hi Karen
Just a suggestion why not ss until you get to goal?You are nearly there it wouldnt take long and you'll feel great when you do.I lost 2st 9lbs las year on CD in 9 weeks only had a stone to target but I kept having odd things here and odd things there then redid aam meal then ssing and made myself ill as I kept going in and out of Ketosis........cut along stry short I need to lose it all again plus 21lbs on top!
Your an expert at this compared to me but you dont want to end up near to the begining like me :(
Good luck and well done on publically telling us whats going on
x((hugs)c

Cheers my dear!

I don't really wanna go back to SS - and i do actually lose weight quickly with 3 LL packs and 1 meal a day - i like having something to look forward to at night (keeps me good during the day) - and it's only meat with veggies anyhoo!

I lost a lot of hair on ss and it's in the process of growing back so don't want to upset the cycle again. Plus i'm out 2/3 nights per week and drink wine so don't want that to stop as i'll get depressed over that!!

If i can just quit the weekend binge (usually just a sunday), i'll be back on target in no time!

Thanks for your support, much appreciated.

Luv,

Hi Karen
Then you can just stick to what you know works and I bet you'll be at target in a few weeks time :D
I lost alot of hair when I stopped Cd and I was worried :eek:
Looking forward to seeing your losses ;)
P.S Don't let that moron who said about you let it get you down...........you look fab xx
xxc

hello honey

you know you can do it!! i'm around the weekend if ya wanna text or chat i'll give ya my home number ok!!

once ya get through this one the next won't be so bad!

i'm ss'ing from sunday so we can keep each other company and be just fab by the time January 6th comes around :D :D :D

love

Gen xx

Thanks Gen, you're a star (as always!!)

Excellent point about 6 January - we can both be in our short skirts and knee high boots ok???

Luv,

Thanks Nadine. I hope so!! I think Gen is right when she says if i can just get through one then it'll be easy from then on in... fingers crossed!!!!

Thanks Gen, you're a star (as always!!)

Excellent point about 6 January - we can both be in our short skirts and knee high boots ok???

Luv,

oh yes girl... it'll be knee high boots and short skirts allll the way!!!

its cool cos that seems to be the fashion this season and i can't wait to get my mits on them for xmas yippee!!!

how will you get to newcastle?? obvioulsy i'm flying...

Hiya Karen,

Good idea about going Public lol

What have you got planned for sunday? seeing as this is your very very very dangerous time - have something to do so you won't be filling the time eating! Maybe go to the pictures or somthing... just keep yourself busy, and imagine how you'll feel come Monday morning having got thru the weekend with no binge....

You can do it girlie - 3 packs and a meal plus your'e water - what else could a girl ask for!!!!!!:D

Hiya Karen,

Good idea about going Public lol

What have you got planned for sunday? seeing as this is your very very very dangerous time - have something to do so you won't be filling the time eating! Maybe go to the pictures or somthing... just keep yourself busy, and imagine how you'll feel come Monday morning having got thru the weekend with no binge....

You can do it girlie - 3 packs and a meal plus your'e water - what else could a girl ask for!!!!!!:D

Thanks honey! Well i thought i'd give it a go!! I'm so flipping determined now!!

I never do anything on Sundays as it's my recovery day after friday and saturday nights out dancing!! So i lie on the sofa all day and watch tv, counting down the hours til my next meal hahaha.

I should arrange something but i just love lazy sundays!! I may be going out in Cardiff with a friend this sunday tho, altho not confirmed yet!

You are so right, what more can a girl ask for? hehe

Luv

Well done babe in going public,
Sending lots of positive vibes and hugs for a good one,as has been said already the first one will be the hardest,next week will be so much easer as you know you can doit.
Drink los of water and not to much wine.
Good luck babe let us know how it goes.xx

Well done babe in going public,
Sending lots of positive vibes and hugs for a good one,as has been said already the first one will be the hardest,next week will be so much easer as you know you can doit.
Drink los of water and not to much wine.
Good luck babe let us know how it goes.xx

Thanks Libbie :D

I just know that any urges i get will be extinguished by thoughts of loggin on here monday morning with news that i am now 11 stone summink!!! NO FLIPPING WAY!

Oh i can't drink much wine anyway, get too drunk haha! and i don't like that feeling - tipsy is amazing though!

have a good weekend yourself hun

Back