• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

A question for just us girls...

nina

Silver Member

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Hi nina,

Hormone levels fluctuate when you your weight changes and while for most women it does not affect their monthly cycle a good few do experience increased activity or may even stop. But once weight is reached and weight loss ceases, the metabolic rate will adjust to a new level appropriate to the new weight, and the hormones will settle down and find their own pattern again.

Love Mini xxx

EmMUK

Trying Hard!
It has affected me, I started TOTM on day 3 and have only had 2 days off since!! my GP says not to worry, it's just my body coping with the changes.

nina

Silver Member
Thanks girls for the responses...I do hope to see 'my frien' soon:eek:

Karen

Serial Foodie!
u can usually set ur watch by my periods (charming thought!) but since CD they r allll over the shop. heavier...much more painful and turning up whenever they feel like it. thank god for paracetomol is all i can say.

i am having my totm right now :cry: tho wasnt due til next week. :sigh:

still! i can handle messed up cycle for a nice trim body!

xxxxxx

I am usually on the day due, every 28 days regular as clock work, since being on diet I have been days earlier than normal and its a lot lighter than it used to be (no complaints with that) and lasts 4 days where as it used to be 5......strange how its so different for everyone.

nina

Silver Member
Thanks all for your replies...mine finally came down 2 days ago -- and I too was surprised...but glad to know that my reproductive system isnt all messed up...;)

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
With rapid weight loss estrogen is released into the blood stream and this has a lot to do with upsetting the monthly cycle and also it is said to increase your fertility.:rolleyes:

We have had two Miniminers who have got pregnant this year so far:)

Love Mini xxx

Mine seems to be delayed by a few weeks and is about the same length etc as usual.One thing I do notice is that my PMT is much less.

My first one while on LT was a week early and light , im on the pill so was surprised by having totm while still taking the pill each day , then this month OMG it was really heavy but on time , so just have to see what next month brings .

SHAZA

Silver Member
Well I am on week four of SS and should have started period week one ~ not complaining but I too have always been as regular as clockwork every 28 days

My daughter says I am on the change as I am 50 this year but I am blaming the diet ( cant possibly getting old he he )

Isnt it strange how everyone of us are different ~ watch out all you dieters don't get pregnant

Wouldnt my 28 year old daughter be shocked if that happened to me oh er

nina

Silver Member
Well as if retaining water isnt bad enuf -- but I have thrown Myself off the SS wagon becuz of my period and need for the 'ol comfort foods --- uggghhh!!!, I am upset at Myself --I had been doing so well...why do I sabotage myself??? :cry: (and the foods werent even worth leaving ketosis...)

Any tips on fighting off the PMS monster for next month>?

nina

Silver Member
yes this was me....found it on Mini's folder

it has affected mine.

I had the depo jab in December, and my Jan period didn't show up at all. Then I started CD, and Feb's period was as usual. Started 2 days late, so I thought I was going to miss another one!

Amy